Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    It could potentially be a counter to the warriors death lineup of Curry-Klay-Iggy-KD-Dray. You could then play Lebron at the 4/5 and surround him with above average 3 point shooting at every other position.
    The challenge is that line-up could be problematic against a lot of other teams. In a series against the Pistons for example, Drummond and Baynes would be able to keep Thompson off the boards, and slashers like Jackson and Johnson will exploit the lack of perimeter defense and get the interior defenders into foul trouble. I would think that SVG will figure out that approach rather quickly.

Should the NBA Finals be a rematch of the Cavs / Warriors, this trade would mean that the Cavs have given up a first round pick (albeit late) to bring Korver onto the roster to counter the Warriors addition of Durant. And the Warriors will have an axe to grind after losing to the Cavs being up 3-1.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
      The challenge is that line-up could be problematic against a lot of other teams. In a series against the Pistons for example, Drummond and Baynes would be able to keep Thompson off the boards, and slashers like Jackson and Johnson will exploit the lack of perimeter defense and get the interior defenders into foul trouble. I would think that SVG will figure out that approach rather quickly.

Should the NBA Finals be a rematch of the Cavs / Warriors, this trade would mean that the Cavs have given up a first round pick (albeit late) to bring Korver onto the roster to counter the Warriors addition of Durant. And the Warriors will have an axe to grind after losing to the Cavs being up 3-1.
      I don't think the cavs care about any team in the east to be honest. They are making every move to challenge the warriors. I still think the warriors will be favorites in a rematch but you can never count out playoff Lebron especially when you surround him with deadly shooters.

Comment

• Korver is a big name for what he does and helps the Cavs for sure in that he's a big upgrade over Mo Williams and insurance while JR is out, but:
        - Cleveland already does have several wings shooting 3's anywhere from 35-60% and some of them play much better defence than Korver. Korver's shooting has tailed off a bit the past two seasons from his age 28-33 prime. If we filter player 3P% for those with 3+ 3PA per game (gunners), Korver is 26th in the league this year. His name is a bit bigger than his game at this point.
        - Cleveland is already second in the NBA in both 3P% and 3PA, so it's not like Korver is adding some new dynamic they don't already have. As mentioned his shooting is going to be a notch better than some other guys on the team but his D is going to be a notch worse.
        - About that D - Cleveland already has to work around below-average D in two of their three best players, it's why they needed to pay so much $$ to TT and it's why they need guys like Liggins and Shump, guys who are also shooting the 3 well but defend well enough to switch onto Kyrie's man as needed. You have to play at both ends of the court. If you didn't, 61% 3P% James Jones would be playing 30 mpg.
        - Surrounding Lebron with gunners? They already can. Put him on the floor with Love, Frye, Liggins, and Kyrie and he has 4 guys with him shooting 40%+ from deep, which is as good as or better than Korver (tho expect Korver to get a bit of a bump due to extra space in CLE).

TL/DR - yeah he'll help, but there's going to be some extra hype because LEBRON and CLEVELAND.

*Edit: Expect Mike Dunleavy to lose all his minutes.
        Last edited by S.R.; Fri Jan 6, 2017, 02:57 PM.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Not sure if Atlanta completely declined the Pelicans, but them offering a first and second pick and salary fillers makes me wonder if Masai will be able to get him for cheaper than we think.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Not sure if Atlanta completely declined the Pelicans, but them offering a first and second pick and salary fillers makes me wonder if Masai will be able to get him for cheaper than we think.
            It makes me think if ATL also has Paul's interests in mind. Maybe they don't want to ship him to a crap team and rather ship him to a good team since he's always been a great guy for their organization.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Not sure if Atlanta completely declined the Pelicans, but them offering a first and second pick and salary fillers makes me wonder if Masai will be able to get him for cheaper than we think.
              My uneducated hunch is that Atlanta wants someone that can help them get into the playoffs this year. Picks alone aren't great for them. Someone like Ross helps them a lot. Denver and Sacramento definitely could offer more than what the Pelicans rumour is.

Comment

• Maybe they don't even wanna trade him

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post

Maybe they don't even wanna trade him
                  if they thought they could make a run they wouldn't have traded korver

Comment

Maybe they don't even wanna trade him
                    The Korver deal points to trading Millsap. No reason whatsoever to trade Korver for Dunleavy if they want to make a postseason run.

Comment

• Well the trade opens up minutes for a 22 year old tim hardaway and gets them a first round pick for a 35 year old korver. I'm sure they're very open to trading millsap but I don't think they feel like they need to

Comment

Well the trade opens up minutes for a 22 year old tim hardaway and gets them a first round pick for a 35 year old korver. I'm sure they're very open to trading millsap but I don't think they feel like they need to
                        Of course they don't need to, but Millsap already said he plans to opt out, so either he walks for nothing or they trade him for pieces they can use.

Comment

• On the plane en route to.. �� #repost

Zdjęcie zamieszczone przez użytkownika Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt)

En route to Atlanta? PPat is having a time of his life trolling us

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post

On the plane en route to.. �� #repost

Zdjęcie zamieszczone przez użytkownika Patrick Patterson (@pdpatt)

En route to Atlanta? PPat is having a time of his life trolling us
                            Oh shit it's a pic of Ross and Pat lol this guys trolling us hard

Comment

• Denver just waived Alonzo Gee, which means that there is more than likely a trade about to happen.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                                Denver just waived Alonzo Gee, which means that there is more than likely a trade about to happen.
                                I think today is the day a lot of partial guaranteed contract become guaranteed could mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X