No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really don't care who gets traded just get K-Low/Deebo Sap.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Offensive combination of DD, KL, PM will be deadly. Also, don't forget the PM played with DC so it will probably effect his game as well.

At the same time, he has the ability to cover for the mistakes of JV on defensive end. Also, due to his range, he can stretch the floor and open things up for JV.

He simply fits here perfectly.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
        They're rebuilding now clearly so JV would definitely be an option. Not a hard sell on a Schroder-JV pairing to kick start their rebuild.

And it's not about getting rid of JV at all costs, it's about what's actually best for the team. If you trade 2Pat and Ross like many have suggested you literally have no shooting coming off the bench at all and you disappear our best bench lineup (Lowry+Bench). Yeah in theory Millsap just makes up for 2Pat being gone, but maybe he doesn't. And I'm still not buying Powell as a Ross replacement, he's not ever going to be that level of shooter imo. He seems like a Cory Joseph replacement to me.

You trade Jonas because most of what he offers can be replaced. Millsap takes up the mantle of 3rd scoring option and primary pick and roll partner for DD/Lowry. That turns Jonas' only really value into offensive rebounding which can be replaced by Sullinger at the 5 spot. Plus I've mentioned moving CoJo + parts for a center like Noel to start and make you better defensively while losing nothing on offense with Millsap coming in and giving you a lot of options for frontcourt pairings with 2Pat, Millsap, Sullinger, Noel-type and Carroll in some cases.

And the biggest reason is because I think the 2Pat-Millsap frontcourt would give us a legitimate chance against Cleveland's lineups with Bron at the 4. Remember those Amir-2Pat lineups we used to see a lot in 2013-14? It'd be that on steroids. More mobile, more potent offensively, more versatile.

It's not some JV crusade. It's a recognition that getting Millsap makes a lot of the things he does best fairly redundant.
        Once again you ignore the fact that they have Howard and have given no indication about trading him. They're trading away Millsap, they are going to need a replacement for him, whether it is Patterson or Sullinger.

Raptors can go ahead and trade JV somewhere else for the right price, but it won't be the
        Hawks.

Plus. I don't see whats wrong with having a 4th offensive option. Thats a luxury to have, especially in the Playoffs and especially if Derozan and Lowry or even Millsap are struggling.

Comment

• Who has more value to the team?

Jonas Valanciunas or Ross and Patterson combined? I'd like an answer to that question, because there was a thread about who the 3rd most impactful player on the team was and a LOT of people were picking 2Pat and some even picked Ross (obviously JV got a lot of votes as well).

Comment

Who has more value to the team?

Jonas Valanciunas or Ross and Patterson combined? I'd like an answer to that question, because there was a thread about who the 3rd most impactful player on the team was and a LOT of people were picking 2Pat and some even picked Ross (obviously JV got a lot of votes as well).
            Patterson and Ross of course. Patterson's overall defense is great and Ross has been very reliable for the most part this season.

And once again you ignore that fact that they have Howard.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              Patterson and Ross of course. Patterson's overall defense is great and Ross has been very reliable for the most part this season.

And once again you ignore that fact that they have Howard.
              I've addressed the fact that they have Howard more than once. I don't think it matters much. They just moved Korver for a pick, they're clearly looking at some kind of rebuild. Howard is in his 30s and doesn't factor into the plans much long-term, and with the new cap environment his contract is actually pretty tradeable. He's still very, very good defensively, mobile and a good finisher inside.

Jonas is 24, right around the same age as Schroder. Would be easier to sell them on him than just getting a spot up shooter in Ross and an expiring 2Pat who they're going to have to pay through the nose to keep, if he even wants to stay there.

Comment

I've addressed the fact that they have Howard more than once. I don't think it matters much. They just moved Korver for a pick, they're clearly looking at some kind of rebuild. Howard is in his 30s and doesn't factor into the plans much long-term, and with the new cap environment his contract is actually pretty tradeable. He's still very, very good defensively, mobile and a good finisher inside.

Jonas is 24, right around the same age as Schroder. Would be easier to sell them on him than just getting a spot up shooter in Ross and an expiring 2Pat who they're going to have to pay through the nose to keep, if he even wants to stay there.
                Agreed, but as I said, they'll need a replacement for Millsap. Highly doubt they'll want to finish the rest of the season Scott or Humphries at PF considering both of them are averaging around 11 mins per game. Also do you really think the Raptors are going to go way into the luxury tax to pay Lowry, Millsap and Patterson?

Ross is pretty much 100% gone if this trade happens, and its most likely going to be Patterson who gets traded also, unless Masai can get a better deal for Millsap.

Comment

Right now the latter two (mostly on the strength of Pat, Ross is just a bench gunner, useful but ultimately and potentially very easily replaceable, possibly by a guy two spots down on the bench). But if the team has Millsap? They are far better off with a quality C than redundancy at PF AND at backup wing and no quality C.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Funny because I would actually think that Ross and Pat are more valuable to THIS team and just the style of basketball we play. What's crazy is just a year ago if you asked me pick between either deal those 2 or JV and I would think you're out of your mind to trade JV....now....I'm not so sure it might not be the better idea considering not only will Sap's scoring help offset the loss of JV in the Playoffs but his ability to pass makes those around him that much more of a threat to score.

Comment

Also do you really think the Raptors are going to go way into the luxury tax to pay Lowry, Millsap and Patterson?
                      Yes, absolutely I expect that, were they able to acquire Millsap and keep Patterson. The whole point of staying under the tax right now isn't just saving a little bit of money in the short term, it's maximizing the number of years you can go over without the repeater rate kicking in. The CBA is designed to allow teams to kick their payroll into overdrive for short spurts when they feel they are contenders. I would expect that we'd pay to keep the gang together for about 3 years (also the number of years until the repeater rate kicks in), give ourselves a three year window to win a championship with a core of Lowry, DeRozan, Millsap, JV, Patterson, and then worry about rebuilding further down the road. And I'd be quite disappointed in the Raptors if Ujiri somehow managed to keep Patterson while acquiring Millsap and then abandoned that roster for financial reasons in the offseason.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                        Yes, absolutely I expect that, were they able to acquire Millsap and keep Patterson. The whole point of staying under the tax right now isn't just saving a little bit of money in the short term, it's maximizing the number of years you can go over without the repeater rate kicking in. The CBA is designed to allow teams to kick their payroll into overdrive for short spurts when they feel they are contenders. I would expect that we'd pay to keep the gang together for about 3 years (also the number of years until the repeater rate kicks in), give ourselves a three year window to win a championship with a core of Lowry, DeRozan, Millsap, JV, Patterson, and then worry about rebuilding further down the road. And I'd be quite disappointed in the Raptors if Ujiri somehow managed to keep Patterson while acquiring Millsap and then abandoned that roster for financial reasons in the offseason.
                        Nicely Said. Their Window is 3 years from this year. You are either committed to this core or you are not ...

We can either become the Memphis Grizzlies of the East and win 50+ game per seasons but never be relevant or really try to make the life hard on James and his boys and make a run for it.

Comment

• For all this talking doesn't it seem like ATL has a deal in place already??

They're waiving Kelly and trying to trade TH Jr for 2nd rd picks. Seems like a team clearing out some roster spots to bring back at least couple extra, not something you would just do when you're not sure of the specifics?!

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                            Fair enough I do agree. Although its up to MLSE on how much of the tax they are willing to pay.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                              For all this talking doesn't it seem like ATL has a deal in place already??

They're waiving Kelly and trying to trade TH Jr for 2nd rd picks. Seems like a team clearing out some roster spots to bring back at least couple extra, not something you would just do when you're not sure of the specifics?!
                              The Hardaway thing seems a bit odd to me, why would you trade away a talented young player like him for second round picks?

Comment

The Hardaway thing seems a bit odd to me, why would you trade away a talented young player like him for second round picks?
                                They seemingly have no intention of re-signing him. So have decided to get something back, at least.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X