Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
    We have PPat bird rights, but not Sully ones.

Is that true? If so, that makes things a little more complicated. Still, Patterson's expected salary moving forward is a concern for me. He will be looking at a big raise.. Is he going to be our big investment moving forward?
    Last edited by Garbo; Sat Jan 7, 2017, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
      Is that true? I feel like I read the exact opposite on this forum.
      Yes it's true

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
        Is that true? If so, that makes things a little more complicated. Still, Patterson's expected salary moving forward is a concern for me. He will be looking at a big raise.. Is he going to be our big investment moving forward?
        Yeah you need to be with a team for at least 2 (for min-bird rights) or 3 (for full bird rights). 2Pat's been with the Raptors for 3+ so we have his full rights meaning we can bring him back without having the cap space to do it.

Sully on the other hand was only brought in for 1 season, thus we don't have his rights.. just like Biyombo last year.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          If there is a bidding war, expect Masai to stand pat. Some of these proposals have a lot going the other way for a half season Millsap rental, that guy is not going to tip the balance of power if the East.
          Yeah that's what I'm starting to think.. too many teams are making calls, and Atlanta has to do what's best for them and not their player. If the Kings give up their 2017 first unprotected that's a better deal than anything Toronto can offer. And Kings may do that even if they get no guarantee that he comes back. They may take that risk.. it's not like they've done anything useful with their picks for the last 5-6 years.

Comment

• We would really be gearing up for a playoff run this year, and to have a Milsap - Patterson frontcourt could be a game changer against the Cavs' small ball lineup with Frye and Jefferson. As previously mentioned, JV isn't Marc Gasol and can't guard Frye or punish him on the other end if he's being doubled.
            Garbo wrote: View Post
            Can someone fill me in on why we're hesitant to include PPat in a trade package? I was of the understanding that he will become an unrestricted free agent this summer and that we do not own his bird rights. If we don't have his bird rights than there's no way we're able to retain Patterson while also keeping Lowry.

When I look at it through that lens, suddenly it seems to me that the best asset management strategy would be to try and turn Patterson into something that will help us long term. The ability to have Millsap's bird rights is a tangible asset in my mind. A package with Patterson and picks as the center makes sense to me. I'd love to keep Ross and Big V out of it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              Yeah that's what I'm starting to think.. too many teams are making calls, and Atlanta has to do what's best for them and not their player. If the Kings give up their 2017 first unprotected that's a better deal than anything Toronto can offer. And Kings may do that even if they get no guarantee that he comes back. They may take that risk.. it's not like they've done anything useful with their picks for the last 5-6 years.
              Millsap's agent could be telling SAC/DEN etc that he won't be resigning there in the summer so they may hold out on offering assets for him.

I think he's getting dealt here or not at all.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                Millsap's agent could be telling SAC/DEN etc that he won't be resigning there in the summer so they may hold out on offering assets for him.

I think he's getting dealt here or not at all.
                We need a seer.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ite-cavs-move/
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Nuggets are shopping Gallo, Chandler, Faried and Nurkic. Uh oh. I wonder if they're willing to bundle those assets for just one guy though.

Comment

• Nuggets looking at dealing Gallo. Please Masai. He's a perfect fit !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• I think I'd rather have Wilson Chandler. He's a good fit as well but he can guard Lebron way better than DC can.

Comment

• Also; trade rumours early January instead of mid February. I like this

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Nuggets are shopping Gallo, Chandler, Faried and Nurkic. Uh oh. I wonder if they're willing to bundle those assets for just one guy though.
                            None of them are probably that attractive to Atlanta. Maybe Faried but the rest are too old. Nurkic isn't that good and they have Dwight. Gallo and Chandler are too old for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...-millsap-trade

The Hawks, sources say, want at least one quality first to headline a Millsap deal.
                              And people here don't even want to offer the Clips or our own late firsts.

I wonder what the odds are of us doing nothing. Feels higher than 50/50.

Comment

• Denver needs a star.. they've got a lot of assets, young and old, and all on value contracts. Millsap is the only 'star' guy that's potentially available. Hence their desire to move chips in.

Atlanta traded Korver to Cleveland because they wanted Korver on a contender. They appreciated what he did for them and wanted to reverse the favour. Hopefully they feel the same way about Millsap.

Comment

Working...
                                X