Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Trade Chatter

But why would Denver trade all of their veteran role players for a half a season rental of a 32 year old millsap.

When

1) he's waayyyy older than all of there core guys

2) they don't gain anything from millsap. They wouldn't even make them playoffs with him imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...-millsap-trade

And people here don't even want to offer the Clips or our own late firsts.

I wonder what the odds are of us doing nothing. Feels higher than 50/50.
      A future first rounder would be more valuable to them (from us) than a current first. It's guaranteed to be a late round pick.. whereas a future one has the potential to be mid round or higher.

Comment

• Even if I take my bias out of it, I still think it's a dumb trade for DEN. They're giving up assets that could be used elsewhere for a player that has a 2-3 year window and only takes them from being 8th seed to 6-7th seed smdh

So trade away solid players and maybe even a good pick to get spanked by SAS instead of GSW, awesome stuff.

Comment

• I'd move 1 of Ross or cojo. And 1 of Bebe, wright, or any future first round pick for Gallo

I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            A future first rounder would be more valuable to them (from us) than a current first. It's guaranteed to be a late round pick.. whereas a future one has the potential to be mid round or higher.
            Future drafts may also be less deep than this one, so one uncertainty cancels out the other.

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
              I'd move 1 of Ross or cojo. And 1 of Bebe, wright, or any future first round pick for Gallo

Hell no!

Gallo is one of the most, if not THE most injury prone players in the league, not a good defender and doesn't rebound.

Comment

Do you see Masai using all three picks this year? A future is more valuable, but I could see Masai giving Atlanta one of the 2017 picks.. just so he doesn't have to worry about keeping so many roster spots opened next year when those picks become players.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Do you see Masai using all three picks this year? A future is more valuable, but I could see Masai giving Atlanta one of the 2017 picks.. just so he doesn't have to worry about keeping so many roster spots opened next year when those picks become players.
                  This is often totally overlooked. We can barely find minutes for Powell and Poeltl as it is, and Sully/Wright haven't even played at all. Consolidating depth is just the smart thing to do.

Which, unfortunately, is what Denver is also likely trying to do too.

Comment

• Does any of the mentioned team (SAC,POR,DEN) have better picks in their disposal? They get better instantly, so next year picks won't land in lottery anyway. Betting on even later ones ('18, '19) is risky business as well.

Comment

• If Millsap is too expensive, I hope Masai trades for Wilson Chandler.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        This is often totally overlooked. We can barely find minutes for Powell and Poeltl as it is, and Sully/Wright haven't even played at all. Consolidating depth is just the smart thing to do.

Which, unfortunately, is what Denver is also likely trying to do too.
                        The new CBA is rumoured to include two additional 'two-way' roster spots for players to shuttle back and forth to the D-League - not sure at this point how that will potentially affect the number of players a team can assign to a D-League team (currently I believe it's 3). This means the Raptors, should they keep those picks, could draft two players and have them get playing time in the 905 as development. The 905 runs very similar offensive and defensive sets and terminology to the Raptors (so that call-ups / assignees) get practice in the Raptors system.

Comment

• Well Brooklyn wants 2 firsts for Brook Lopez.. I guess that's the market value for good big men

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                            The new CBA is rumoured to include two additional 'two-way' roster spots for players to shuttle back and forth to the D-League - not sure at this point how that will potentially affect the number of players a team can assign to a D-League team (currently I believe it's 3). This means the Raptors, should they keep those picks, could draft two players and have them get playing time in the 905 as development. The 905 runs very similar offensive and defensive sets and terminology to the Raptors (so that call-ups / assignees) get practice in the Raptors system.
                            These spots aren't for players on rookie contracts but for undrafted (mostly, but not only) players (like VanVleet) that'll be shuffled between D-League and NBA.

Comment

Well Brooklyn wants 2 firsts for Brook Lopez.. I guess that's the market value for good big men
                              Brook also has a 1 year 1/2 left on his contract and is only 28 years old too....just a wee bit different.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
                                These spots aren't for players on rookie contracts but for undrafted (mostly, but not only) players (like VanVleet) that'll be shuffled between D-League and NBA.
                                Don't forget we would almost certainly be sending out MORE players than bringing in if we did get Millsap, so I don't think roster spots will be much of a concern not to mention it's likely one or two of current young players would be involved in a package for him. Being able to have some cheap talent to fill out the bench after maxing out Kyle and Sap would be a much greater one and reason why holding on to picks is important.

Comment

Working...
                                X