Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Brook also has a 1 year 1/2 left on his contract and is only 28 years old too....just a wee bit different.
    Starting to think that it doesn't matter as much as we think it should. ESPN recently reported that the Hawks were looking for first round picks for Millsap.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
      Well Brooklyn wants 2 firsts for Brook Lopez.. I guess that's the market value for good big men
      Slightly different situation, but yes overall that is reasonable value (Mozgov too was traded for 2 firsts). Milsap is older, pending FA, better player. Lopez is injury prone, but also loyal (after all that BKN coach & management changes he never expressed disappointment in the franchise) and well-liked player.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        Starting to think that it doesn't matter as much as we think it should. ESPN recently reported that the Hawks were looking for first round picks for Millsap.
        Exactly the kind of desperation I'm sure ATL is hoping to finally cash in on....let teams sweat, then overpay.

Comment

• Majesiu wrote: View Post
          Does any of the mentioned team (SAC,POR,DEN) have better picks in their disposal? They get better instantly, so next year picks won't land in lottery anyway. Betting on even later ones ('18, '19) is risky business as well.
          If the season ended today, Denver would have the #9 pick, and the #23 pick (from Memphis). Portland would have the #14 pick, as well as the #28 pick (acquired from Cleveland to send the Cleveland 2018 first round pick back to Cleveland, so that Cleveland could trade the 2019 first round pick for Korver).

In addition to the oddity of Sacramento being involved in the Millsap discussions, it makes even less sense when you look at their draft position. If the season ended today, they would have the #10 pick - however, if they trade for Millsap and get BETTER, then they lose their first round pick to Chicago (it's protected 1-10 - if Sacramento picks 1-10, then Chicago would get Sacramento's second round pick this year). So in addition to potentially giving up assets for a half-year rental of Millsap, they wouldn't have a high first round pick in what's considered to be a very deep draft. Oh wait, this sounds EXACTLY like dysfunctional Sacramento.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Don't forget we would almost certainly be sending out MORE players than bringing in if we did get Millsap, so I don't think roster spots will be much of a concern not to mention it's likely one or two of current young players would be involved in a package for him. Being able to have some cheap talent to fill out the bench after maxing out Kyle and Sap would be a much greater one and reason why holding on to picks is important.
            Right now it's not possible unless ATL make some move or waive players. I guess they won't find suitor for Dunleavy and waive him and Mo Williams so that's true, we'd may end up with 2 more rooster spots after Milsap trade, should be good occasion to find some players to play on 10-day contracts. I wonder if we should think about Dunleavy in potential Milsap talkings, he played occasionally (but due to Casey veteran player fetish he might start and play 30 minutes a night...), but I doubt his mentorship value is worth $5M that complicate the trade even more.

Comment

• So question, what is the Raptors window? I hear all these talks that this is the "time to make a move" what time? it's not like we're going to break up the team next year. DeRozan is 27. Lowry is 31-32(still in the PRIME of his career). And I fully expect Masai to re-sign Lowry in the offseason. So I feel like we have a long window to compete for a championship here(that's the goal right?) As long as those two are here we're going to be a good team.

Giving up valuable assets for a rental player like Millsap is not worth it. Now, i'm not totally against trading for Millsap. If we can trade for him without giving up Lowry, DeRozan, JV, Powell, Poeltl, Ross and Patterson then sure go for it. But i'm not giving any of those guys for a RENTAL player. It's not worth it. And it's not like Millsap is the guy that will take us to the promise land. We'd still be a HUGE underdog in a potential series against the Cavs.

What i'd like to see the Raps add is a rim protector. Someone like Noel.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                If the season ended today, Denver would have the #9 pick, and the #23 pick (from Memphis). Portland would have the #14 pick, as well as the #28 pick (acquired from Cleveland to send the Cleveland 2018 first round pick back to Cleveland, so that Cleveland could trade the 2019 first round pick for Korver).

In addition to the oddity of Sacramento being involved in the Millsap discussions, it makes even less sense when you look at their draft position. If the season ended today, they would have the #10 pick - however, if they trade for Millsap and get BETTER, then they lose their first round pick to Chicago (it's protected 1-10 - if Sacramento picks 1-10, then Chicago would get Sacramento's second round pick this year). So in addition to potentially giving up assets for a half-year rental of Millsap, they wouldn't have a high first round pick in what's considered to be a very deep draft. Oh wait, this sounds EXACTLY like dysfunctional Sacramento.
                If I'm reading that right, SAC's pick in a potential Millsap trade wouldn't be very appealing to the Hawks. This is good

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  So question, what is the Raptors window? I hear all these talks that this is the "time to make a move" what time? it's not like we're going to break up the team next year. DeRozan is 27. Lowry is 31-32(still in the PRIME of his career). And I fully expect Masai to re-sign Lowry in the offseason. So I feel like we have a long window to compete for a championship here(that's the goal right?) As long as those two are here we're going to be a good team.

Giving up valuable assets for a rental player like Millsap is not worth it. Now, i'm not totally against trading for Millsap. If we can trade for him without giving up Lowry, DeRozan, JV, Powell, Poeltl, Ross and Patterson then sure go for it. But i'm not giving any of those guys for a RENTAL player. It's not worth it. And it's not like Millsap is the guy that will take us to the promise land. We'd still be a HUGE underdog in a potential series against the Cavs.

It's got to be ross if anything gets done. no chance ATL will take carroll back.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    Here's what I see occuring: A 3-way deal involving the Nuggets & divvying up draft picks (The Nuggets would get one of the 1st rounders from us, but deal their own pick to the Hawks.)

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jygjw88
                    I hope this gets posted (I'm getting a lot of 502 errors right now.) Just posting this trade once again as it's more than fair if you include the respective picks.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

So question, what is the Raptors window? I hear all these talks that this is the "time to make a move" what time? it's not like we're going to break up the team next year. DeRozan is 27. Lowry is 31-32(still in the PRIME of his career). And I fully expect Masai to re-sign Lowry in the offseason. So I feel like we have a long window to compete for a championship here(that's the goal right?) As long as those two are here we're going to be a good team.

Noel would be as much of a rental as Millsap though and could potentially get a bigger offer in the summer because of his youth

Comment

We can't expect Lowry to keep up his elite value for the next 4 years. With his style of play and the mins he has played I think we should plan on Lowry putting up all-star numbers for the next 2 years before transitioning into a decent veteran starter. Also its still farther off for Demar but wing players typically decline at a faster rate due to their reliance on athleticism.

Comment

I do actually like Noel but not sure I agree about the team's window. They have no potential for upgrades through free agency and The success of the team is fully tied to the elite play of Lowry, which at the very best is 2-3 more years. When he declines, yes the Raps are still a good team, but by that point THIS team/core's window has closed.

As for giving up assets for Milsap, I think we should realize that while cojo, ross, sully etc are good bench players, they are replaceable. Its so much harder to get a player as good as Milsap than it is to replace Cojo or Ross (especially since Powell and Wright could do a decent job right now.)

my 2cents

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            I hope this gets posted (I'm getting a lot of 502 errors right now.) Just posting this trade once again as it's more than fair if you include the respective picks. http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jygjw88
                            you could probably get more without losing as much.

Comment

• I would do the deal for CoJo + Sully or Patt + Poeltl (period).

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                                I do actually like Noel but not sure I agree about the team's window. They have no potential for upgrades through free agency and The success of the team is fully tied to the elite play of Lowry, which at the very best is 2-3 more years. When he declines, yes the Raps are still a good team, but by that point THIS team/core's window has closed.

As for giving up assets for Milsap, I think we should realize that while cojo, ross, sully etc are good bench players, they are replaceable. Its so much harder to get a player as good as Milsap than it is to replace Cojo or Ross (especially since Powell and Wright could do a decent job right now.)

my 2cents
                                They'd still be hoping to add one more top shelf guy all this time, maybe you have him by the time Lowry is declining. There will be some moves without question, as has been mentioned there are too many young assets to keep everybody + incoming picks.

We know Masai won't panic, the sustainability they're building is one of the best things about the franchise right now. I expect them to have plenty of talent on the team + in the pipeline as Lowry's career winds down.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X