Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Gave Korver away for nothing? They got a 1st round pick for an almost 36 yr old. Yeah, he can still shoot the 3 and stretch the floor, but what other plus skills does he have?

Despite his floor stretching, Atlanta has been 13.8 points per 100 possessions better with Korver on the bench this season, according to NBA.com/stats.
    I don't think it's necessarily the return that has people scratching their heads, but more the fact of who they gave him to, seemingly out of the blue. Cleveland has embarassed them 2 straight years, and they'll see them again in the first or if they advance 2nd round. Shumpert and smith, then channing Frye, now his year korver. It boggles the mind that Atlanta of all teams continued the tradition of loading clevelands Barrell mid season. And don't tell me no team between now and the deadline wouldn't offer a lottery protected first for him.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      I don't think it's necessarily the return that has people scratching their heads, but more the fact of who they gave him to, seemingly out of the blue. Cleveland has embarassed them 2 straight years, and they'll see them again in the first or if they advance 2nd round. Shumpert and smith, then channing Frye, now his year korver. It boggles the mind that Atlanta of all teams continued the tradition of loading clevelands Barrell mid season. And don't tell me no team between now and the deadline wouldn't offer a lottery protected first for him.
      They also saved Cleveland a shit ton of luxury tax penalties by taking both Dunvenley & Mo williams. Also allows Cleveland to free up a roster spot to sign another big now that Birdman is out for the year.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
        They also saved Cleveland a shit ton of luxury tax penalties by taking both Dunvenley & Mo williams. Also allows Cleveland to free up a roster spot to sign another big now that Birdman is out for the year.
        It's absolutely mind boggling. Even if theoretically that was the best offer league wide, they had 6 weeks until the trade deadline to see what else came. Maybe a teams 2 guard goes down and they get a big return. Worst case, clevelands offer would surely still stand. But it's like "aw you poor guys are in trouble with no jr smith, you need help now, here, have our great team guy/sharpshooter, and have him now"

Really, really weird. And frustrating.

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

I'm like the biggest Drose fan and I'm getting really nervous about this. Hoping he got traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The guy is almost 36. 36 yr olds get injured more than younger players. They also permanently regress. What sense does it make to hold off and risk those possibilities to end up with basically what they were offered by the Cavs?
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                I'm like the biggest Drose fan and I'm getting really nervous about this. Hoping he got traded.

Woah..There's still derek rose fans?

Comment

• Comment

Woah..There's still derek rose fans?
                    Ahaha yah he's still one of the only players that I just want to watch all the time. His MVP season was unreal.

Comment

The guy is almost 36. 36 yr olds get injured more than younger players. They also permanently regress. What sense does it make to hold off and risk those possibilities to end up with basically what they were offered by the Cavs?
                      So, we're assuming nobody else would offer a pick near 29th and that korver could get injured before that? The chances of both of those are much slimmer than the chance korver rains a few 3s in Phillips arena in may en route to another Atlanta embarrassment. The risk/reward isn't even close to even from my vantage point. I'd go as far as to just keep him for one more run then give him to cleveland for a 5% chance of drafting an actual player in that draft slot. Maybe I'm overly competitive.

Comment

So, we're assuming nobody else would offer a pick near 29th and that korver could get injured before that? The chances of both of those are much slimmer than the chance korver rains a few 3s in Phillips arena in may en route to another Atlanta embarrassment. The risk/reward isn't even close to even from my vantage point. I'd go as far as to just keep him for one more run then give him to cleveland for a 5% chance of drafting an actual player in that draft slot. Maybe I'm overly competitive.
                        The pick is 2 years away. How good a regular season record will the Cavs have then? They've rested 32 yr old Lebron to try to keep him fresh for the playoffs. How much rest will 34 yr old Lebron get? Don't be so sure the pick will be 29th.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

The pick is 2 years away. How good a regular season record will the Cavs have then? They've rested 32 yr old Lebron to try to keep him fresh for the playoffs. How much rest will 34 yr old Lebron get? Don't be so sure the pick will be 29th.
                          Fair enough. I'll file this back and forth in the "agree to disagree" section. Lol

Comment

• Kinda of a good thing Millsap is off the market, now we can sign him in the off season and use our assists in another trade

For example
                            (off season, when Blake and Paul leave)

JV + Ross + Cojo + Clips pick back
                            for
                            Jordan, Pierce

Sign Millsap
                            resign Lowry
                            If pat leaves hope Jakob and Pascal grow enough
                            Plus DeRozan likely improves something in his game again (like aways), aswell as Powell and Wright

Lowry-Wright-VET
                            DeRozan-Norm
                            Carroll-Priece-Bruno
                            Millsap-Pascal-PICK
                            Jordan-Bebe-Jakob

I got that team over Cavs in 6
                            Our Defense improves drastically while our offense stays elite

CHAMPIONSHIP 2018 HERE WE COME!
                            Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              Kinda of a good thing Millsap is off the market, now we can sign him in the off season and use our assists in another trade

For example
                              (off season, when Blake and Paul leave)

JV + Ross + Cojo + Clips pick back
                              for
                              Jordan, Pierce

Sign Millsap
                              resign Lowry
                              If pat leaves hope Jakob and Pascal grow enough
                              Plus DeRozan likely improves something in his game again (like aways), aswell as Powell and Wright

Lowry-Wright-VET
                              DeRozan-Norm
                              Carroll-Priece-Bruno
                              Millsap-Pascal-PICK
                              Jordan-Bebe-Jakob

I got that team over Cavs in 6
                              Our Defense improves drastically while our offense stays elite

CHAMPIONSHIP 2018 HERE WE COME!
                              We have no room to sign anybody not already on the team in the offseason.

Comment

We have no room to sign anybody not already on the team in the offseason.
                                Sign Lowry for 15m and Millsap for 9m

they take paycuts for CHAMPIONSHIPS
                                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Working...
                                X