Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Fair enough. I'll file this back and forth in the "agree to disagree" section. Lol
    Great idea. Really breaks me up to see our 2 Keons fight.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Great idea. Really breaks me up to see our 2 Keons fight.
      Probably a better idea to let them fight.....A worse idea would be to have them meet up for some drinks!

I feel bad now....That wasn't funny at all.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Wait, weren't you the guy making comparisons using ranking in DRPM? Whiteside ranks 37th in DRPM this year.
        Lucas Nogueira is 7th on the list. Jakob Poeltl is 26th on the list. I couldn't find JV.....Where the heck is he?

Comment

• 65/69

Comment

• CoJo is 430 out of 437... that's your problem right there. He was brought in for his defense, and he's 430 out of 437 guys in DRPM. Yikes!

#TradeCoJo

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Wait, weren't you the guy making comparisons using ranking in DRPM? Whiteside ranks 37th in DRPM this year.
              10th last year and 26th the year before. Interestingly enough one spot different than biyombo in both years. So we're talking about similar defensive impact with better size, better rebounding, better offense and the ability to run pick and roll as well as JV (94th percentile as the roll man last year when he had Wade and dragic like DeMar and Kyle for jv)

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                CoJo is 430 out of 437... that's your problem right there. He was brought in for his defense, and he's 430 out of 437 guys in DRPM. Yikes!

#TradeCoJo
                Good lord. CoJo has become a homeless man's Lou Williams. Just awful.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Good lord. CoJo has become a homeless man's Lou Williams. Just awful.
                  Why do I keep seeing cojo compared to lou williams? Theyre VERY different players
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Why do I keep seeing cojo compared to lou williams? Theyre VERY different players
                    Yes, I know. But what CoJo has morphed into this season, which is a ball-dominant, non-passing, no-defense 6th man is somewhat similar to stereotypical Lou Will.

Comment

Agreed. One shoots at the end of the shot clock and the other dribbles for the whole 24.

Comment

Short SGs. Frequently gets last shot for the team in the first 3 quarters. All ISO and no defense. Hence, Lou Will.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                          10th last year and 26th the year before. Interestingly enough one spot different than biyombo in both years. So we're talking about similar defensive impact with better size, better rebounding, better offense and the ability to run pick and roll as well as JV (94th percentile as the roll man last year when he had Wade and dragic like DeMar and Kyle for jv)
                          I'm absolutely not arguing Whiteside is bad defensively. I'm reinforcing my earlier point about how unreliable small samples of impact stats are. I just found it odd that you would want him when you are so sure Kanter and JV are similar defensively based just on this year's rankings, when purely based on this year's rankings you probably shouldn't want him (and you should, he's one of the few C's in the league it might be worthwhile changing styles to fit instead of JV).
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. One shoots at the end of the shot clock and the other dribbles for the whole 24.
                            And still doesn't know how to manage the damn clock at the end of quarters. I've never seen another player completely mess up at the end of quarters like Cory does.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              And still doesn't know how to manage the damn clock at the end of quarters. I've never seen another player completely mess up at the end of quarters like Cory does.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                              CoJo's a good player, I'm hoping he comes out of this funk, but he's probably suffered the most from Toronto's coaching/offensive approach. CoJo looked much better when he first got here and was still playing the way the Spurs taught him. They spent years developing him. Casey and CoJo have made multiple comments about Toronto coaching him into looking for his shot (a.k.a. Lowry/DeRozan-light) and the version of CoJo playing this way is definitely a worse version of CoJo.

All that said, he's getting a lot of flak for a backup PG. He's still a more talented baller than a lot of teams' backup PG's.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• JV + Ross for Whiteside.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X