Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    JV + Ross for Whiteside.
    + bring JJ back..... just to piss off Casey.

Comment

• Whiteside just makes too much sense he's basically JV and biyombo in one player. Just you lose a bit of the post up efficiency but we hardly ever run that for jv anyway

Comment

• I'd trade JV for Whiteside, but if you really think he'll help us get through the Cavs.. you're wrong. Miami will ask for picks too.. they're rebuilding.

Comment

• Whiteside doesn't raise the ceiling of the team as much as Millsap would but if a reasonable deal is on the table, sure fire away Mr Ujiri

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Whiteside doesn't raise the ceiling of the team as much as Millsap would but if a reasonable deal is on the table, sure fire away Mr Ujiri
            This just isn't the move I see Masai making. I think if Demar and Kyle play as well as they can with a Whiteside on the back line to block shots then we have a better chance to push Cleveland. I'm still not sure how whiteside fits against a guy like Frye. Is he a mobile defender? I've heard he just hunts for blocks and isn't that great of a defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
              This just isn't the move I see Masai making. I think if Demar and Kyle play as well as they can with a Whiteside on the back line to block shots then we have a better chance to push Cleveland. I'm still not sure how whiteside fits against a guy like Frye. Is he a mobile defender? I've heard he just hunts for blocks and isn't that great of a defender.

Same thing I've heard from the mouths of Heat fans. He's a bit overrated around here.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

In a match up against the Cav's or Golden State, there are very few, if any true C's that would be on the floor down the stretch. As much as I like Whiteside I don't see how he helps to solve the Cav's problem.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I don't think it's necessarily the return that has people scratching their heads, but more the fact of who they gave him to, seemingly out of the blue. Cleveland has embarassed them 2 straight years, and they'll see them again in the first or if they advance 2nd round. Shumpert and smith, then channing Frye, now his year korver. It boggles the mind that Atlanta of all teams continued the tradition of loading clevelands Barrell mid season. And don't tell me no team between now and the deadline wouldn't offer a lottery protected first for him.
                  With or without Korver trade, Atl does not beat Cavs. Why should they care that To & Bos may have even less chance in ECF?

If proposed trade by Atl (asking for TRoss & 2Pat for Millsap) is correct what does that imply?
                  My guess, Atl feels they can make playoffs (with likely 1st round exit) with Ross & 2Pat just as likely as w Millsap. This way they at least get 1 longer term (Ross) & 1 reasonable (to resign -2Pat) player.

Now that Millsap is (apparently) off the trade table, does it mean anything?
                  Honestly, If Atl wanted Ross & 2Pat, if MU were to call now & say, "OK I give you those 2 & I will include say Clips 1st" you expect Atl GM to hang up?
                  Lets get serious, nothing really changed.
                  Millsap is not being shopped, but if somebody makes a nice offer I'd say they take it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    The sense of urgency around the league will be much higher at the trade deadline. I think that's the time when it's mostly likely that he finds the best value in a trade.
                    Also by then more teams realize they are out of playoff hunt & are more likely to deal players that likely wont be back next year.
                    I am hoping Orl is in this situation -Ibaka would fit nicely & heck of a lot cheaper than last year.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                      Also by then more teams realize they are out of playoff hunt & are more likely to deal players that likely wont be back next year.
                      I am hoping Orl is in this situation -Ibaka would fit nicely & heck of a lot cheaper than last year.
                      I doubt Ibaka gets moved. They paid a lot to acquire him not too long ago. It sends the wrong message to ownership if they deal him now, especially to Toronto because I mean come on, we both know who would win that trade negotiation and it's not anyone who lives in Orlando. I agree with the rest though.

Comment

• JV wasn't the problem in the post season last year. In fact I think people forget how good JV was playing prior to getting hurt or how freaked out they were when he got hurt.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I doubt Ibaka gets moved. They paid a lot to acquire him not too long ago. It sends the wrong message to ownership if they deal him now, especially to Toronto because I mean come on, we both know who would win that trade negotiation and it's not anyone who lives in Orlando. I agree with the rest though.
                          They traded away Oladipo and their 11th pick (Sabonis) for Ibaka. I'd say they are capable of doing something stupid at the trade deadline.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            They traded away Oladipo and their 11th pick (Sabonis) for Ibaka. I'd say they are capable of doing something stupid at the trade deadline.
                            You're missing my point about the politics of such a move...

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

With the new cba rules it's stupid to not resign with your own team...like never ever do you wanna do that
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X