Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    no, no, no....this wasn't to suggest we should trade for Anthony. Just that it was funny that we came up in this Post story
    Guess people didn't see the humour in trading for a ballhog like Melo. But really the only thing worth a damn in NY is Porz. After SAC, the Knicks are easily the 2nd worst ran franchise I'm the league...it's unbelievable Phil Jackson and Dolan haven't been run out of town by fans n media.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Guess people didn't see the humour in trading for a ballhog like Melo. But really the only thing worth a damn in NY is Porz. After SAC, the Knicks are easily the 2nd worst ran franchise I'm the league...it's unbelievable Phil Jackson and Dolan haven't been run out of town by fans n media.
      You can't run Dolan out of town, he owns the team. You can't lose your team unless you get caught on tape disparaging black people and you're an old disliked curmudgeon.

Phils shine is definitely starting to rust, carmelo should have been traded 2 years ago
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        You can't run Dolan out of town, he owns the team. You can't lose your team unless you get caught on tape disparaging black people and you're an old disliked curmudgeon.

Phils shine is definitely starting to rust, carmelo should have been traded 2 years ago
        phil is just collecting his money at this point and laughing to the bank. he doesn't give a shit. probably the most overrated basketball coach/exec of all time.

Comment

• MU stressing the value of our 2016 picks.

Plus mentions other teams 'negotiating tactics' on PTS with Bobcat;

“We were busy last week,” Ujiri told Bob McCown and Damien Cox. “There were tons of calls because of the Kyle Korver trade and everybody thought there was another domino coming. There are plenty of calls. That’s the way the NBA works and then all of a sudden it goes quiet.” [...] "We find ourselves in a special place, which is second in the East," Ujiri said. "There is a window with Kyle Lowry, DeMar [DeRozan] and DeMarre [Carroll] with those kind of guys in their prime and we will take advantage. But we’re not making bad deals. It doesn’t help business, it doesn’t help your future. Trust me, if a deal is not made just know there was nothing on the table for us that would really enhance our team."
          http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...lls-last-week/

Comment

• Sooo apparently B. Lopez really wants out of Brooklyn. Don't throw rocks at me so fast.

I thought about a trade:
            JV, Carroll and Caboclo for Lopez, Booker and Hollis-Jefferson.

Booker rebounds, Lopez shoot threes. Imagine the spacing created for DD to operate. Rondae is not much of a downgrade from DC at this point.

Lopez/Nogueira/Poeltl
            Patterson/Booker/Sullinger/Siakam
            Hollis-Jefferson/Ross
            DeRozan/Powell
            Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
              Sooo apparently B. Lopez really wants out of Brooklyn. Don't throw rocks at me so fast.

I thought about a trade:

Booker rebounds, Lopez shoot threes. Imagine the spacing created for DD to operate. Rondae is not much of a downgrade from DC at this point.

Lopez/Nogueira/Poeltl
              Hollis-Jefferson/Ross
              DeRozan/Powell
              Lowry/Joseph/Wright
              Maybe we could get a first round draft pick out of that deal too. 2017?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                no, no, no....this wasn't to suggest we should trade for Anthony. Just that it was funny that we came up in this Post story
                Funny in a "god help us the end is near" kind of way

Comment

Sooo apparently B. Lopez really wants out of Brooklyn. Don't throw rocks at me so fast.

I thought about a trade:

Lopez/Nogueira/Poeltl
                  Hollis-Jefferson/Ross
                  DeRozan/Powell
                  Lowry/Joseph/Wright
                  lopez is one of the most inept rebounders in the league and you want to start him with Patterson??

Comment

I thought about a trade:

Lopez/Nogueira/Poeltl
                    Hollis-Jefferson/Ross
                    DeRozan/Powell
                    Lowry/Joseph/Wright
                    Sorry but this is a really bad idea. Lopez presents the same problems as Jonas defensively AND adds the fact that he doesn't rebound at all to the equation. We would get absolutely obliterated on the boards with that lineup.

And any marginal benefit you get from Lopez's ability to shoot the 3 is negated by the fact that you're replacing Carroll with RHJ who is a terrible three point shooter while Carroll is at least above average at 38%.

Comment

• With Millsap off the table, assuming we're not moving JV I'd really like to target Ibaka, I think he solves a ton of problems. If we can get him without trading 2Pat we can start him at the 4 and move 2Pat back to the bench where he can have a bigger impact on the Lowry+Bench lineup and other bench lineups. Ibaka spaces the floor, is very good defensively and at times can function as a real weapon on offense when he has it going.

Also you'd solve the defensive problem we have down the stretch when other teams go small. Can take JV off and go to 2Pat-ibaka at the 4-5 to get more mobility out there. Would remind me a lot of our Amir-2Pat lineups that were particularly effective in 2013-14 and also against Brooklyn in the playoffs, except better because offensively Ibaka adds floor spacing for you as well.

Ibaka isn't that great as a roll man (50th percentile this year, below 50th percentile last year) in the pick and roll so you'd still give Jonas (and 2Pat when Jonas is off the floor) the bulk of those possessions.

Not really sure whether we'd actually be able to get him off Orlando though if they're just trying to save face for that idiotic trade they made. But if he indicates to them he's not really interested in coming back they might be sellers at the deadline and we know Masai tried to acquire him before.
                      Last edited by Lupe; Fri Jan 13, 2017, 08:47 AM.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                        Sorry but this is a really bad idea. Lopez presents the same problems as Jonas defensively AND adds the fact that he doesn't rebound at all to the equation. We would get absolutely obliterated on the boards with that lineup.

And any marginal benefit you get from Lopez's ability to shoot the 3 is negated by the fact that you're replacing Carroll with RHJ who is a terrible three point shooter while Carroll is at least above average at 38%.
                        Yeah I thought about it after. Simple solution, start Booker and Ross.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                          With Millsap off the table, assuming we're not moving JV I'd really like to target Ibaka, I think he solves a ton of problems. If we can get him without trading 2Pat we can start him at the 4 and move 2Pat back to the bench where he can have a bigger impact on the Lowry+Bench lineup and other bench lineups. Ibaka spaces the floor, is very good defensively and at times can function as a real weapon on offense when he has it going.

Also you'd solve the defensive problem we have down the stretch when other teams go small. Can take JV off and go to 2Pat-ibaka at the 4-5 to get more mobility out there. Would remind me a lot of our Amir-2Pat lineups that were particularly effective in 2013-14 and also against Brooklyn in the playoffs, except better because offensively Ibaka adds floor spacing for you as well.

Ibaka isn't that great as a roll man (50th percentile this year, below 50th percentile last year) in the pick and roll so you'd still give Jonas (and 2Pat when Jonas is off the floor) the bulk of those possessions.

Not really sure whether we'd actually be able to get him off Orlando though if they're just trying to save face for that idiotic trade they made. But if he indicates to them he's not really interested in coming back they might be sellers at the deadline and we know Masai tried to acquire him before.
                          I've set my sights on Ibaka too.

But I'm not convinced he can guard the likes of Love or Frye behind the arc come playoff time.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            I've set my sights on Ibaka too.

But I'm not convinced he can guard the likes of Love or Frye behind the arc come playoff time.
                            Ibaka seems like a huge risk - he comes with all the uncertainty of Millsap, and also a multi-season decline on both ends of the floor (with a bit of a bounce back this season offensively).

If we are going after him, we'd better spam the heck out of a Patterson starting lineup first to see for sure what we have, because there's every possibility that Ibaka would not represent an upgrade at all.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Ibaka seems like a huge risk - he comes with all the uncertainty of Millsap, and also a multi-season decline on both ends of the floor (with a bit of a bounce back this season offensively).

If we are going after him, we'd better spam the heck out of a Patterson starting lineup first to see for sure what we have, because there's every possibility that Ibaka would not represent an upgrade at all.
                              Do you think part of the statistical decline for Ibalka was due to him not seeing much of the ball in OKC in his last couple years as both KD and Russell... well maybe mostly Russell dominated all the possesions in OKC ... ?

Orlando is pretty close to consistently bad now... Hard for anyone to look good down there this year with that wonky construct of a team....

Hennigan not to lose face has to at least start with asking for a boatload of goods coming back after what he paid to get Serge. He has to be on hot seat for that particular trade and in retrospect whats looking like a pretty suspect draft record.

He may just take his chances with getting yet another lottery pick, trying to resign Ibalka during FA and at the draft trading one of Vucevic or Biz or Gordon for a PG to rebalance his roster and free up minutes up front.

For as much ink as Aaron Gordon has received... he is a tweener that is really messing them up...he is not a 3 and doesn't have an outside game to be a stretch 4 or the body mass to play inside for 82 games in non small ball lineups.
                              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Anyone think the Lakers trade Randle this year ?

They have a pick but its protected 1 to 3... however...the Lakers since the beginning of December have gone 5 and 18. Thats Nets bad. They currently sit 7th from the botton with only Timberpuppies, Suns and Dallas to "pass" on their way to battle it out for 3rd last with Philly and the Heat..

Trading Randle would help the Laker uber tank if thats what they are going to do.....
                                Young PF under team control for 2 more years....

Yes / No / Maybe... ?
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X