• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupe wrote: View Post
    Poeltl doesn't have the value of a top 10 pick because:

1.) The pick has already been used
    2.) He hasn't played and has shown nothing
    3.) He wasn't a high ceiling project in the first place, was meant to be relatively NBA ready.
    Says who? You?

Sources...

If he didn't have the value of a top 10 pick, the Raps would have traded the pick or moved back to get him.

Even if you were right, which I strongly doubt, that does not negate my other two points.

1. Ross -- Favors straight up works and Raps are trading from a position of strength

2. The trade does not significantly help the Jazz

Comment

• Blake Griffin is eligible for the Super-Max extension under the new CBA, so I'd probably take his name out of the trade chatter. Cousins, Paul George, Harden, Curry & Westbrook are also eligible.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Blake Griffin is eligible for the Super-Max extension under the new CBA, so I'd probably take his name out of the trade chatter. Cousins, Paul George, Harden, Curry & Westbrook are also eligible.
        Isn't durant eligible this off season as well?
        I can't wait to see golden states tax bill when this all goes down. Curry and durant combined making like 82 million of a 102 million cap..lol
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Says who? You?

Sources...

If he didn't have the value of a top 10 pick, the Raps would have traded the pick or moved back to get him.

Even if you were right, which I strongly doubt, that does not negate my other two points.

1. Ross -- Favors straight up works and Raps are trading from a position of strength

What do you think has more value. Poeltl or like the Magic's 1st round pick this year?

Comment

• WASHINGTON - Saturday night's game against the Washington Wizards was more about showcasing Jahlil Okafor to possible trading partners than anything else for the 76ers.

They wouldn't come out and say it before or after the 109-93 loss to the Washington Wizards at the Verizon Center.

How else can you explain Okafor getting the start when he hadn't played a single second in the previous four games?

How else can you explain his playing the entire fourth quarter of a blowout loss?

How else can you explain coach Brett Brown's stressing that Okafor is an "NBA starter," saying after the game that he could have scored "30 [points] in a heartbeat?"

Yep, the Sixers (12-26) were in an obvious, all-out showcase mode in a loss that snapped their three-game winning streak.

As a result, the team looked nothing like the squad that won five of its previous six games. Get used to it. The trade deadline is a little over a month away, on Feb. 23.

It's easy to point to the absence of Joel Embiid for the reason the Sixers suffered a humiliating loss.
            http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...html?mobi=true

This is an opportunity for a third team to extract some real value from helping make a trade work. I'm assuming Okafor can't play power forward as I write this.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Says who? You?

Sources...

More like that trade doesn't help the Jazz at all. The Jazz need to stick with Favors. Only losers sell low.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                What do you think has more value. Poeltl or like the Magic's 1st round pick this year?
                Trades don't work in vacuums. If I was a GM and my need was at center -- that's not the depth of this coming draft. There are no lottery quality Centers this year. He's longer and looks more mobile than all the centers in this years draft. That'll change, someone will emerge, but that's how it looks today.

If my need is Guards? Forwards? Different scenario.

To be honest, Ball, Fox and Isaac are the only projected lottery guys that have grabbed my interest. The seniors and Juniors look good right now, guys like Blossomgame, Motley. Also, projected second rounders like Swanigan, the Oregon Canadian duo, etc. Still high on Rabb... If I was a GM I would be more interested just outside the lottery and second round picks than being locked into drafting some of these freshmen because of their projected potential.

Furthermore, Poeltl is being developed by a staff that consistently has done a good job improving players. If I'm given the choice between a known talent from a positive environment, with a solid foundation and an unknown, I pick the known quantity every time.

I guess that means I would rather have Poeltl.

Comment

Blake Griffin is eligible for the Super-Max extension under the new CBA, so I'd probably take his name out of the trade chatter. Cousins, Paul George, Harden, Curry & Westbrook are also eligible.
                  Griffin is only eligible if he is named All-NBA this year, no? Might not happen with his injury.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Isn't durant eligible this off season as well?
                    I can't wait to see golden states tax bill when this all goes down. Curry and durant combined making like 82 million of a 102 million cap..lol
                    Can't move teams if you want that super max contract. Durant went to GSW so doesn't qualify.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      Can't move teams if you want that super max contract. Durant went to GSW so doesn't qualify.
                      Durant is old enough he gets the super max (35% of the cap) anyway. The DPE really helps guys who are in the 7-9 year experience range (although it can be helpful with extending players in the older age group).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Griffin is only eligible if he is named All-NBA this year, no? Might not happen with his injury.
                        According to this here:
                        http://basketball.realgm.com/article...e-NBAs-New-CBA

Players either on or coming off their second contract can now sign an extension, or a new deal as a free agent, worth 35 percent of the cap even if they have not accrued 10 years of service if certain criteria are met. In order to qualify for the provision, players must have been named to an All-NBA team in the previous season or two of the previous three, or either be an MVP or Defensive Player of the Year in any of the previous three seasons. In addition to that individual achievement, players must also remain on the team they were on during their rookie contracts.
                        Griffin was All-NBA 3rd team in 2014-2015 and All-NBA 2nd team in 2013-2014. So I think he qualifies (2 out of previous 3).

*EDIT: I think you're right.. 'previous season' means this season now since the extension would be for next year. And he wasn't on the All-NBA team last year so yeah probably doesn't qualify.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          More like that trade doesn't help the Jazz at all. The Jazz need to stick with Favors. Only losers sell low.
                          Yep it doesn't help them. Getting Ross does nothing cause they already have Hood, Ingles and JJ knocking down 3s off the bench at a high clip for them. 1st and Poeltl aren't particularly useful to a team that's trying to contend. They've already got Withey as their slow guy center who plays no minutes.

Comment

• Some GM's may prefer Harry giles to poeltl. Pre-injury he was #1 recruit.
                            Could make a case for Bam and Bryant as well.
                            I like yak but I'm not sure he's worth a lottery pick this yr. Been too busy to watch NCAA this yr tho.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              According to this here:
                              http://basketball.realgm.com/article...e-NBAs-New-CBA

Griffin was All-NBA 3rd team in 2014-2015 and All-NBA 2nd team in 2013-2014. So I think he qualifies (2 out of previous 3).

*EDIT: I think you're right.. 'previous season' means this season now since the extension would be for next year. And he wasn't on the All-NBA team last year so yeah probably doesn't qualify.
                              I read it as this year being the year he is coming off his contract and signs his extension, just before it expires (2016-17). The previous 3 seasons are: 2015-16, 14-15 & 13-14. So he qualifies. More importantly, Woj says he qualifies. So it must be so. lol.

Westbrook and Harden are two of the NBA’s top Most Valuable Player candidates and could join a class of Steph Curry, Blake Griffin, Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins that is eligible to earn extensions starting at $36 million a season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...015209385.html

Comment

I read it as this year being the year he is coming off his contract and signs his extension, just before it expires (2016-17). The previous 3 seasons are: 2015-16, 14-15 & 13-14. So he qualifies. More importantly, Woj says he qualifies. So it must be so. lol.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...015209385.html
                                Depends on if it is an extension or a new contract. Extension would be the three years prior as you outline. A new contract would mean the three years immediately prior to the deal being signed. In Griffin's case, he'd be a new contract, not an extension.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X