No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F the Knicks, Melo doesn't care about winning n neither does Phil. They're both just collecting cheques so they deserve each other.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      F the Knicks, Melo doesn't care about winning n neither does Phil. They're both just collecting cheques so they deserve each other.
      I'm sure Melo doesn't like losing, but has he ever made even an ounce of personal sacrifice his whole career? Fucked over denver...never changes his iso ball stopping ways...coulda went to miami with wade and james but took a long term max...coulda went to Chicago when they were good but took a long term max...could leave this year but is a fame whore..forced linsanity out of town...

His whole career is full of coulda woulda Shouldas but every time theres a fork in the road he chooses MELO.

He fancies himself a businessman, but doesn't see long term big picture. Winning a couple rings = way more $$$ then the dollars and cents he's squeezing out of the iso ball big Apple he's residing in
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Melo = most overrated NBA Player in history.

Did nothing his entire career for his team

Comment

• I've been praying for years that Ross would be traded... looks lime its not going to happen

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
            http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-pelicans-nba

So according to this Zach Lowe article, NO had exploratory talks with ATL about pairing Dwight Howard with AD. Naturally my first reaction was to go back to the Trade Machine and adjust one of my previous trades which many of you found to be interesting. I ended up with this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtwufr2

Additionally, Atlanta will receive New Orleans 2017 first round pick, and Philly will receive ATL's 2017 first rounder as well as TOR or LAC 2017 first rounder.

Thoughts?
            Raptors should theoretically give up Ross and Vanvleet instead of Joseph
            Otherwise this trade does not make sense for Toronto
            Last edited by Triplethreat89; Wed Jan 18, 2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• The Clippers don't have any pieces to trade for the type of help they need and reportedly don't want to move any of their core guys. They're really stuck with what they have.

I think the only top tier(ish) teams really hungry to add a star AND with the assets to realistically do so are Toronto and Boston. Toronto has no need for Carmelo, Boston does want a premier wing player but I'd be pretty surprised if that turned out to be 'Melo, unless NYK get desperate and trade him for pennies on the dollar (not happening yet). According to Woj Boston has been targeting guys like Jimmy Butler and Paul George, but they're not available atm, at least not for reasonable offers. Boston is still waiting for a good deal, much like Masai.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-pelicans-nba

So according to this Zach Lowe article, NO had exploratory talks with ATL about pairing Dwight Howard with AD. Naturally my first reaction was to go back to the Trade Machine and adjust one of my previous trades which many of you found to be interesting. I ended up with this: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gtwufr2

Additionally, Atlanta will receive New Orleans 2017 first round pick, and Philly will receive ATL's 2017 first rounder as well as TOR or LAC 2017 first rounder.

Thoughts?
                Noel has been playing great, so I doubt Philly trades him now. Okafor is likely the odd-man out now. Embiid-Noel gives The Processors 48 minutes of high-end, mobile rim protection and defensive anchors. Gives them a chance to keep every game at least close. It's no coincidence that the Sixers recent winning outburst comes exactly when Noel returned.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Noel has been playing great, so I doubt Philly trades him now. Okafor is likely the odd-man out now. Embiid-Noel gives The Processors 48 minutes of high-end, mobile rim protection and defensive anchors. Gives them a chance to keep every game at least close. It's no coincidence that the Sixers recent winning outburst comes exactly when Noel returned.
                  And I think eventually simmons embiid and noel can share the floor.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Still, unless you think Noel and Embiid can share the floor for long stretches than Noel maxes out as a 15 minute a game guy, simply because Embiid will *knock on wood* command a lot of minutes. In my opinion they would be better off trying to trade him, especially since as you say Noel is playing well so they could get a good return for him.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                      Still, unless you think Noel and Embiid can share the floor for long stretches than Noel maxes out as a 15 minute a game guy, simply because Embiid will *knock on wood* command a lot of minutes. In my opinion they would be better off trying to trade him, especially since as you say Noel is playing well so they could get a good return for him.
                      If Embiid continues to improve his shot then they could definitely play minutes together, with Embiid sliding over to PF, with the ability to stretch the floor. That would be scary rim protection, with mobility to guard the perimeter. The versatility of Embiid gives them a lot of options.

Comment

If Embiid continues to improve his shot then they could definitely play minutes together, with Embiid sliding over to PF, with the ability to stretch the floor. That would be scary rim protection, with mobility to guard the perimeter. The versatility of Embiid gives them a lot of options.
                        Yeah, you are probably right in that it could work, I'm just not convinced that it is the BEST option (both players thrive playing around the basket, so it seems unnecessary to move one away from the basket). Philly just has so many options with draft picks, young players, cap space, that they don't need to settle. Plus I think Noel is too good to be a backup and want to see how good he could make a defense.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, you are probably right in that it could work, I'm just not convinced that it is the BEST option (both players thrive playing around the basket, so it seems unnecessary to move one away from the basket). Philly just has so many options with draft picks, young players, cap space, that they don't need to settle. Plus I think Noel is too good to be a backup and want to see how good he could make a defense.

100% agreed.

Just because they could do it doesn't mean they should and I think the Sixers know that hence the desire to trade Noel (besides the attitude problem). It also doesn't fit the way the league is going either.

Today's formula is fairly simple but very difficult to find...1. a dynamic ballhandler and passer (ie/ LBJ, Harden, Curry), 2. surround with shooters 3. have an athletic big man that defend post and perimeter

PHI already has the ballhandler in Simmons, they also have a big man who can defend perimeter and post in Embiid, just so happens Embiid can shoot as well which makes them even more deadly and it's also why Saric was mentioned more as a part of their future over both Noel and Okafor. They don't need another big man when they have one who is both a better scorer and defender than either.

Playing Noel with Embiid just wastes 2 spots in the starting line up with 2 complete non shooters in Simmons and Noel which IS the problem and makes their offence a lot more limited. Now they have 2 top 10 picks that may be coming their way and can add a shooter like Malik Monk with Furkan Korkmaz and wouldn't surprise me if they take Ball or DS Jr to shoot from the PG and be absolutely beastly in the very near future. Noel doesn't fit in that mold when he wants starter minutes and all-star money when they're going to need every penny to keep their new core together. Noel would be ok if there was no Embiid but with him there's really no point in keeping him when PHI is much better served trading for possibly some vets to help guide the glut of young talent they're going to have. I think BC will ship out Noel for pennies on the dollar just for a positive vet, CoJo fits that bill if we wanted and if not I think BC may not like not getting great returns (ie/ more picks) but be satisified with some vets. I'm sure they're hoping to get more of a solid starting vet like a Deng, Wilson Chandler or something for Okafor...the team is out to form a new identity, one which they made clear on draft night doesn't include Noel or Jahlil.

Comment

• Trade buzz from Stein:
                            http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...he-latest-buzz

notes:
                            - Bulls have interest in Chris Bosh
                            - Orlando offering Vucevic + pick for Dragic, and Miami declining
                            - Jusuf Nurkic is available
                            - Teams still believe Millsap will be available before the deadline.
                            - Mclemore (first) than Afflalo (next) are the two wings most likely available from the Kings
                            - Clips offerred future 2nd rounder for Tucker. Phoenix wants first rounder.
                            - Tucker and Knight are 'gettable'
                            - Denver will resign Gee once Mo Williams clears waivers.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Trade buzz from Stein:
                              http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...he-latest-buzz

notes:
                              - Bulls have interest in Chris Bosh
                              - Orlando offering Vucevic + pick for Dragic, and Miami declining
                              - Jusuf Nurkic is available
                              - Teams still believe Millsap will be available before the deadline.
                              - Mclemore (first) than Afflalo (next) are the two wings most likely available from the Kings
                              - Clips offerred future 2nd rounder for Tucker. Phoenix wants first rounder.
                              - Tucker and Knight are 'gettable'
                              - Denver will resign Gee once Mo Williams clears waivers.
                              If Bosh plays NBA basketball again and dies everyone involved should lose their jobs.

Interesting that Miami is holding onto Dragic, you'd think it would make sense for them to bottom out right now.

Woj has also talked about Sacto shopping Rudy Gay. I think it was the Clippers who really wanted him but couldn't put a decent package together because they want to keep their core intact. LAC is definitely trying to get wing help, funny they can't even land PJ Tucker.

Will be interesting to see how desperate ATL is with Millsap at the deadline. Maybe Ujiri has a shot at him yet.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                If Bosh plays NBA basketball again and dies everyone involved should lose their jobs.

Interesting that Miami is holding onto Dragic, you'd think it would make sense for them to bottom out right now.

Woj has also talked about Sacto shopping Rudy Gay. I think it was the Clippers who really wanted him but couldn't put a decent package together because they want to keep their core intact. LAC is definitely trying to get wing help, funny they can't even land PJ Tucker.

Will be interesting to see how desperate ATL is with Millsap at the deadline. Maybe Ujiri has a shot at him yet.
                                Old headline I guess...Gay's ruptured achilles is likely off the market. Also find it hard to believe that Stein would report the Nuggets are shopping Nurkic. If I can get my multi syllable Denver big men straight, I think they were very high on Nurkic.

Edit: Maybe I didn't get it straight. I might be thinking of Jokic

Comment

Working...
                                X