No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This trade deadline is shaping up to have more potential than last year imo.

There are so few teams actively tanking right now--and so many teams within striking distance of a playoff spot--that almost anyone could choose to shake things up.

There was a tweet that said Gay's injury has raised new debate inside the Kings organization about the direction of the franchise. If the Kings could land a big package from Boston they might be inclined Boogie, but you have to think their new arena complicates things.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      This trade deadline is shaping up to have more potential than last year imo.

There are so few teams actively tanking right now--and so many teams within striking distance of a playoff spot--that almost anyone could choose to shake things up.

There was a tweet that said Gay's injury has raised new debate inside the Kings organization about the direction of the franchise. If the Kings could land a big package from Boston they might be inclined Boogie, but you have to think their new arena complicates things.
      That would imply a buyer's market, which wouldn't be great for the Raps.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        That would imply a buyer's market, which wouldn't be great for the Raps.
        buyer's market would be good for the raptors, no?

but, it could go either way actually. almost anyone could choose to shake it up, but if they all try to go for it? then it's a big-time seller's market.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          buyer's market would be good for the raptors, no?

but, it could go either way actually. almost anyone could choose to shake it up, but if they all try to go for it? then it's a big-time seller's market.
          We're a seller of assets that are in abundance and a buyer of assets that are scarce.

Even if we did want to cash in JV at this point, there's so many centres being shopped we have little leverage. We also don't have high-quality rebuilding pieces like the Celtics.... Poeltl and Powell are our two other best chips but they don't compare to what Ainge can offer.

Comment

• duh. Actually, I meant sellers market. Lots of buyers - with the Raps being one of them. Yes, we have some assets to pawn, but more buyers mean bidding wars on high quality stuff. If more teams are trying to make the playoffs, they're holding onto their good players, I would think.
            Last edited by golden; Sat Jan 21, 2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Nurkic reminds me somewhat of Kanter...a skilled big man on the blocks (which we don't use now with JV or Poeltl anyways) that has some mid range but is a good rebounder. For our team, I wouldn't waste the time/assets when we'd want him to be another garbageman since he doesn't shoot the 3.

Comment

• Has anyone posted a melo trade yet lol. See a lot of Knicks fans think they can get the BKN first round pick from BOS. I really doubt it tho. id give them Ross 1st and Carrol, just for entertainment value vs Cavs. But it would cripple us financially moving forward and hurts us D wise huge

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                  Has anyone posted a melo trade yet lol. See a lot of Knicks fans think they can get the BKN first round pick from BOS. I really doubt it tho. id give them Ross 1st and Carrol, just for entertainment value vs Cavs. But it would cripple us financially moving forward and hurts us D wise huge
                  Hell no!!!

Melo is nothing more than an overglorified ball hog. That would be Gay 2.0, there would absolutely zero ball movement between him and DeMar. I would never waste a 1st and Ross' value contract on Melo's aging corpse and yes Knick fans are high on meth if they think they're getting ANY lotto pick for Melo nevermind what is currently the #1 overall.

Terrible idea.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Hell no!!!

Melo is nothing more than an overglorified ball hog. That would be Gay 2.0, there would absolutely zero ball movement between him and DeMar. I would never waste a 1st and Ross' value contract on Melo's aging corpse and yes Knick fans are high on meth if they think they're getting ANY lotto pick for Melo nevermind what is currently the #1 overall.

Terrible idea.
                    Terrible idea long term yes, but personally I would love to see him in a raps uni. All time fav of mine. If would be one hell of a series vs Cavs

Irving vs Lowry
                    JR vs DD
                    LBJ vs Melo
                    Love vs 2Pat
                    Kardashian vs JV

That would be fun basketball

Comment

• Alex91 wrote: View Post
                      Terrible idea long term yes, but personally I would love to see him in a raps uni. All time fav of mine. If would be one hell of a series vs Cavs

Irving vs Lowry
                      JR vs DD
                      LBJ vs Melo
                      Love vs 2Pat
                      Kardashian vs JV

That would be fun basketball
                      Id much rather see a James/Carroll matchup than a James/Melo one

Comment

• For some reason, I feel the Raps 'big move' at the trade deadline will be Casey's man crush - Tyson Chandler.

Comment

For some reason, I feel the Raps 'big move' at the trade deadline will be Casey's man crush - Tyson Chandler.
                          Can't envision Masai trading assets for a guy that old who is not a star.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Can't envision Masai trading assets for a guy that old who is not a star.
                            Masai has went out and got "Casey guys" before (Biz/CoJo/Carroll) and Tyson Chandler is the ultimate Casey defensive anchor, which removes the inevitable excuses for the Raps defensive woes. Depending on how you feel about DeMarre Carroll vs. Jared Dudley, you could build a trade around something like this:

To Raps: Jared Dudley + T. Chandler
                            To Suns: DeMarre Carroll + Jared Sullinger (+ Clips pick)

Suns get a little bit of future salary relief and a pick.

Comment

Masai has went out and got "Casey guys" before (Biz/CoJo/Carroll) and Tyson Chandler is the ultimate Casey defensive anchor, which removes the inevitable excuses for the Raps defensive woes. Depending on how you feel about DeMarre Carroll vs. Jared Dudley, you could build a trade around something like this:

To Raps: Jared Dudley + T. Chandler
                              To Suns: DeMarre Carroll + Jared Sullinger (+ Clips pick)

Suns get a little bit of future salary relief and a pick.
                              Masai has gone out and gotten "Casey" guys before on the free agent market. Never traded assets for them, and none of them were in their mid-thirties. Closest he's ever come is offering the smallest available MLE exception to Luis Scola on a one year term.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                Masai has gone out and gotten "Casey" guys before on the free agent market. Never traded assets for them, and none of them were in their mid-thirties. Closest he's ever come is offering the smallest available MLE exception to Luis Scola on a one year term.
                                Traded for John Salmons and Chuck Hayes.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X