No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to check this in the trade machine, but would you guys give up Cory Jo for O'Quinn and a NYK 2nd rounder?

Comment

• It would work.

NYK get Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers, Wesley Johnson and probably a pick or two from LAC

Clips get Melo and Coco

Raps get O'Quinn and a NYK second

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        About to check this in the trade machine, but would you guys give up Cory Jo for O'Quinn and a NYK 2nd rounder?
        I would consider it but I know there's no chance Masai would and that's because admittingly I can't stand Corey and think their 2017 2nd rd would actually still have better potential than CoJo BUT not a chance in hell Masai will want to use 4 roster spots for nothing but rookies next year on a team that will be incredibly lucky just to repeat last year's performance (maybe Hernangomez?!). I really feel like we'll get taken out in the 2nd rd this year and finally it's going to force Masai's hand off of his blackberry.
        Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Jan 27, 2017, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          I would consider it but I know there's no chance Masai would and that's because admittingly I can't stand Corey and think their 2017 2nd rd would actually still have better potential than CoJo BUT not a chance in hell Masai will want to use 4 roster spots for nothing but rookies next year on a team that will be incredibly lucky just to repeat last year's performance. I really feel like we'll get taken out in the 2nd rd this year and finally it's going to force Masai's hand off of his blackberry.
          Wouldn't have to be a 2017 pick.

A 2018 or 2019 pick would potentially be more valuable and would count as a trade asset until we get there

Comment

• Btw, O'Quinn is signed to a ridiculous 3.2M per year for 3 more seasons

Comment

A 2018 or 2019 pick would potentially be more valuable and would count as a trade asset until we get there
              If anything I would want it to be this year because of the incredible depth of the draft.

A 2nd rdr in general isn't really a much of game changer in a trade as much as it is a throw in, most cases. I know you're kind of going at this probably from a "Vasquez" angle but in general most times teams come out with a "DeAndre Daniels" than a "Norm Powell" so you could be just shipping out Joseph for O'Quinn.

As much as I can't stand Corey, he can definitely net more than Kyle O'Quinn.

Comment

• Not who would you want, but who do you want to replace?

Lots of teams are starting to flounder. They may hang in there just to catch an 8th seed but there also may be tonnes of movement in the next month. I agree with the concept that after Lowry and Derozan, we need a third option. Sometimes it's Ross, sometimes it's Joseph, sometimes it's Carroll. But you could never say for sure who number 3 is. But I don't know who I would replace. Lowry and DeMar are no brainers. I think we saw how valuable Patterson is to our team while he was out. I don't think Carroll will come out of the rotation (I could be wrong about that). JV has his warts but I'll take him as a C any day. So if there is a third option around, who would he replace? Not to mix sports metaphors but this kind of feels like the Jays before the Carter/Alomar trade. Maybe we just won't see it coming.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  If anything I would want it to be this year because of the incredible depth of the draft.

A 2nd rdr in general isn't really a much of game changer in a trade as much as it is a throw in, most cases. I know you're kind of going at this probably from a "Vasquez" angle but in general most times teams come out with a "DeAndre Daniels" than a "Norm Powell" so you could be just shipping out Joseph for O'Quinn.

As much as I can't stand Corey, he can definitely net more than Kyle O'Quinn.
                  Knicks 2nd rounders will probably be top 40 if they lose Melo, so I'm confident in Masai to either flip it or use it in a worthwhile way.

And it also nets you the cap room difference between the two, which could be useful in a year or two

Comment

Btw, O'Quinn is signed to a ridiculous 3.2M per year for 3 more seasons
                    from The Knicks perspective why would you ship out that low of bargin salary when your big investment at that position(Noah) is costing you so much and has health issues frequently.

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
                      from The Knicks perspective why would you ship out that low of bargin salary when your big investment at that position(Noah) is costing you so much and has health issues frequently.
                      Phil's desperate to ship Melo out me thinks

Comment

• I think Serg is the best fit for this team. If we can do Sullinger, Wright, Bebe, and the best of our first rounders that would be a huge deal for our team. If Ibaka has no intention of resigning with Orlando, this is a pretty good deal for them. And we aren't losing all that much, just depth. They receive a young point guard that may outplay Payton, a pick and a young piece in Bebe that they could use for future deals, or to groom. Powell could be substituted for Bebe, but I rather not.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h4hphkj

JV, Poetl, Ibaka
                        Ibaka, Patterson, Carroll
                        Carroll, Ross, Powell
                        DeMar, Ross, Powell
                        Lowry, Cojo, Van Fleet

I love that line up and really it could be great in 2 years when the Cavs are declining
                        Last edited by saints91; Sat Jan 28, 2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

I like that trade, like fat a kid likes cake.

Gives a strong, boards minded big to pair with Lucas, opposite the JV-PP pair. Pushes the rook bigs down a slot in the rotation and opens play time from Norm as back up ball handler as well as FVV and DW up the depth chart a peg.

The fact the money makes sense and we relieve ourselves of salary commitment is just icing on the cake.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Really? damn i thought it was real lol.
                            If it makes you feel better; so did I. It took me until after I finished to realize it was a fake.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              I think Serg is the best fit for this team. If we can do Sullinger, Wright, Bebe, and the best of our first rounders that would be a huge deal for our team. If Ibaka has no intention of resigning with Orlando, this is a pretty good deal for them. And we aren't losing all that much, just depth. They receive a young point guard that may outplay Payton, a pick and a young piece in Bebe that they could use for future deals, or to groom. Powell could be substituted for Bebe, but I rather not.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h4hphkj

JV, Poetl, Ibaka
                              Ibaka, Patterson, Carroll
                              Carroll, Ross, Powell
                              DeMar, Ross, Powell
                              Lowry, Cojo, Van Fleet

I love that line up and really it could be great in 2 years when the Cavs are declining
                              We should have a thread called "Does this move the needle?" Keep thawing things against the wall to see what sticks but I don't think this one does. 2017 Ibaka isn't enough to justify losing all that depth. I doubt we can resign all of Lowry, Ibaka and Patterson next year (maybe you would only want one of the last two), so then we'd be out a lot of depth for next year. That said, I don't even know if BeBe counts as depth anymore. He's getting core minutes.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                To me, demarre has looked more or less the same in his raps tenure but he looked a lot better on the Hawks before he twisted his knee. That injury looked painful.
                                Correct me if I am wrong, but the surgery last year & Hawks injury were unrelated (different knee/injury).

Comment

Working...
                                X