Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
    It would work.

NYK get Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers, Wesley Johnson and probably a pick or two from LAC

Clips get Melo and Coco

Raps get O'Quinn and a NYK second
    The impression I get is that NY wants nothing to do with Crawford, hence they are looking for a 3rd team.
    In addition Melo gets a sizable trade kicker which further complicates any trade.

Comment

• Demarre sprained his left knee in ATL. He injured and had surgery on his right knee in Toronto.
      It's hard to really guage his health. Imo he doesn't look like the lockdown defender/jyd that he was signed to be out of ATL. Not sure why but my guess atm is that he's lost some athleticism from bad knees. I'm guessing it started in ATL bc imo he hasn't looked the same since he came here. Just my opinion, i don't have substantiated evidence.

Comment

• Demmare sucks? Did you also know that the sun will rise tomorrow too?

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
          The impression I get is that NY wants nothing to do with Crawford, hence they are looking for a 3rd team.
          In addition Melo gets a sizable trade kicker which further complicates any trade.
          What I'd heard is they want two of Reddick, Crawford or Rivers and LAC will only give up one of Crawford or Rivers due to Paul being injured.

Seems like Reddick holds much more value to them too, which is not a shock.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Blake griffin to toronto, ross siakam joseph and a 1st to new York, Carmelo to LA
            IF Griffin is not damaged goods like DC we could have a pretty potent lineup.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...-no-trade-team

Orlando, according to league sources, remains focused on acquiring a proven scorer on the wing before the Feb. 23 trade deadline if the ever-elusive right deal presents itself. ‎The corresponding expectation in league circles is that the Magic will try to move a big man to make that happen..
              Stop right there and say no more Orlando. Ross for Ibaka.

Boom.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/...-no-trade-team

Stop right there and say no more Orlando. Ross for Ibaka.

Boom.
                Ross for Biz.

Ibaka is nowhere near the same player that he once was.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Okay..... so what are people looking for at the PF position?

Defense & 3-point shooting. A guy that can play 20 minutes a night. A guy who doesn't need to be a stud rebounder, but average for the position.

If you take a look at a team that wants to make a move, the Boston Celtics pop up. They have a piece Masai could want. That piece is Kelly Olynyk. Look at his stats, how he would fit into our lineup, etc. Kelly is perfect & comes cheaper than Ibaka. Trust me on that one. If they really want to get a true stud (Boogie for one), Kelly would make sense to trade, as they'd need to get rid of a big to make room.

Masai is sneaky. He never gets the guy everyone's looking at or talking about. He goes for low hanging fruit.

P.S. I was wrong about Carroll, but hey, who can predict that injury to his other knee would occur? However, I have been right about Jon Leuer, who I was hoping to see us snag in FA last year. Guy's been a solid big in Detroit.

I think Olynyk makes sense for us more than a huge guy.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Ross for Biz.

Ibaka is nowhere near the same player that he once was.
                    Even then, Ibaka is still clearly the better player.

And Bebe already took Biz's spot on the team.

Comment

• Ibaka + Hezonja for Ross + Sully

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        Ibaka + Hezonja for Ross + Sully
                        Not going to happen unless Toronto sweeten the pot with another player or draft picks.

Comment

Ibaka + Hezonja for Ross + Sully

Let's not be ridiculous

Orlando definitely won't do Hezonja for Sully

And why would they give up Serge to get Ross when they had to give up Oladipo to get Serge.

Orlando probably wants to drop a guy like Green in exchange for a wing

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                            Let's not be ridiculous

Orlando definitely won't do Hezonja for Sully

And why would they give up Serge to get Ross when they had to give up Oladipo to get Serge.

Orlando probably wants to drop a guy like Green in exchange for a wing
                            Ibaka is a rapidly decreasing asset. Like holding onto real estate when the bubble bursts. Just because they paid a high price for him, doesn't mean they will recoup it.

Magic are in a really tough spot. They've either got to get an auction going quickly, or be comfortable signing him for 5 years at max money, when he doesn't really move the needle for them, except possibly downwards.

Comment

• I don't see Orlando giving up Ibaka without attaching a player they don't need like Green or Vucevic. We don't need Vuc, and Green really sucks.

A trade that helps both teams I guess would be Ibaka/Green for Carroll/Ross/Poeltl (or Wright).

Orlando gets shooting and guys that are locked into longer term deals. We get Ibaka and an expiring to help offset some of the tax when we resign Lowry/2Pat and Ibaka. Our only wings next year though would be DD and Powell. We'd have to use one or both of our picks to draft a wing, and hope they'd be able to contribute next year.

If Masai is able to convince Orlando to take CoJo instead of Ross then that would be ideal. But I don't see Orlando shopping Ibaka. They probably feel they have a good chance to resign him in the off season. There has been no indication at all that Ibaka was even available and usually there is a hint if that was true so that Orlando could create a bidding war.. like Atlanta tried doing for Millsap.

Comment

Ibaka is a rapidly decreasing asset. Like holding onto real estate when the bubble bursts. Just because they paid a high price for him, doesn't mean they will recoup it.

Magic are in a really tough spot. They've either got to get an auction going quickly, or be comfortable signing him for 5 years at max money, when he doesn't really move the needle for them, except possibly downwards.
                                While I don't think the Ibaka/Hezonja trade you floated above is realistic, a package based around Ross and their choice of Siakam or Poeltl would be very intriguing for them, because it essentially allows them to hit the reset button on what was a bad trade. They get a similar but much cheaper 3-and-D winger to replace Oladipo, and a young, good upside big to replace Sabonis. That's a good, low-risk move for a franchise that would be really set back by losing Ibaka in free agency for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X