Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
    I don't know if I see it exactly the same way when it comes to Houston, LAC, and OKC. Those teams have the all world talent, but are constructed poorly around that talent. With the Raptors we are sort of playing above what most would peg is our ceiling.

And the what do you do part is what I'm getting at. You kind of have to be a risk taker as a GM to take the next step to being a contender. It means taking some of the talent, picks etc. and paying a kings ransom for George or Cousins etc. It may pay off big, or it may blow up in your face but it's likely you are losing the deal in terms of what you give up. And I'm not faulting Ujiri for not wanting to take that risk, but I'm being realistic that we may have met our ceiling without taking it.
    You can't just make a deal when the other team isn't willing to come to the party. There is no indication that Sacramento or Indiana want to deal Cousins or George. There is speculation from outsiders that Sacramento should.. but the only report I've ever read coming out of the Kings camp is that they want to keep him and give him the super-max extension.

By the way Millsap was almost a Raptor. There was a deal in play except Horford went to Boston. If Horford stayed in Atlanta (or more specifically if Atlanta matched Boston's offer) we'd have Millsap on our roster. So Masai isn't just sitting on his hands.

Comment

• The Raptors are not much interested in giving up fifth-year swingman Terrence Ross (who is having his best NBA season) for Ibaka, though, a source said.
      http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news...medium=twitter

Comment

• Any thoughts on Tobias Harris? Recently he's lost his starting spot and has been coming off the bench for the Pistons.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
          Any thoughts on Tobias Harris? Recently he's lost his starting spot and has been coming off the bench for the Pistons.
          Never mind, this is a terrible idea.

Comment

• WTF Masai

Comment

• Interesting. He wasn't rumored to be part of the trade at the draft either.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                WTF Masai
                It also says the hawks are asking too much, a package of young guys. If it's just Terrence I'd say pull the trigger but I doubt it is.

Then there's the issue of ibaka getting offered max from likely multiple morons this summer, do you really want to go afford with lowry, derozan ibaka as "the big 3"?
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not that high on Ibaka so I would not trade ross for him.

This however works via the trade machine. Sully, Jakob, Pick for Ibaka.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jrtadlg

Comment

• Wonder who the source is? Usually Raptors' FO is air tight.

Comment

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
                      Never mind, this is a terrible idea.
                      I don't mind it.

Having him as a small ball 4 could be interesting.

Problem is matching contracts without losing Ross/Carroll

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        It also says the hawks are asking too much, a package of young guys. If it's just Terrence I'd say pull the trigger but I doubt it is.

Then there's the issue of ibaka getting offered max from likely multiple morons this summer, do you really want to go afford with lowry, derozan ibaka as "the big 3"?
                        ..True

Comment

• His defence hasn't been good this year.

But since making the move to the bench he's been a lot better offensively, even though his usage has barely gone up.

Comment

• I'd go for Ibaka. I've wanted him on this team for some time now. I wouldn't be too concerned with his apparent defensive slide, the MAgic are by and large, a mess defensively. We are too of course, and it isn't a guarantee that he would have a considerable impact, but I so think he would have an positive impact defensively. He's mobile and can help with perimeter D, probably not as good as PAtterson but he is a stronger rebounder and could provide similar spacing to PAt as well. I doubt there'd be a drop off in the PF rotation, JV/Ibaka, Bebe/Ibaka, JV/PAt, Bebe/Pat all look like good frontlines. And if JV and Bebe can't handle the small ball lineups, you got Ibaka/Pat to throw out there. I like the look of that. And if we are willing to spend some coin, I'd see no reason why he wouldn't want to sign here in the offseason. It would suck to lose Ross though. I'd try Cory/Sully and a 1st and go from there.

Comment

• If you trade for Ibaka, it's almost certainly the end of Pat's time here this summer.

Risky move. I guess you'd get until the end of the year to decide which to keep, so if Ibaka falls through you can always bail. But then you lose those assets for nothing.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                If you trade for Ibaka, it's almost certainly the end of Pat's time here this summer.

Risky move. I guess you'd get until the end of the year to decide which to keep, so if Ibaka falls through you can always bail. But then you lose those assets for nothing.
                                Well I suppose. It is possible we could keep both, especially if we had some salary going elsewhere, for example if Ross or even Carroll (unlikely) were traded for Ibaka, or in a salary dump which isn't very appealing for sure. Either way we are hamstrung capwise. Not trading for Ibaka means we are still stuck with PAtterson and Siakim for next season though. Unless there is another trade target out there I'm not thinking of, seems like most of the more interesting PF's are gonna be free agents this summer. I don't know, but we need to shake things up and maybe there is another option out there that might present itself into next season. I was all for taking the patient route, but I did expect this team to be better defensively than we have been. Maybe we just need some time at full strength to back into the swing of things, but if I could pry Ibaka loose without loosing too much, I'd take that chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X