Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Well I suppose. It is possible we could keep both, especially if we had some salary going elsewhere, for example if Ross or even Carroll (unlikely) were traded for Ibaka, or in a salary dump which isn't very appealing for sure. Either way we are hamstrung capwise. Not trading for Ibaka means we are still stuck with PAtterson and Siakim for next season though. Unless there is another trade target out there I'm not thinking of, seems like most of the more interesting PF's are gonna be free agents this summer. I don't know, but we need to shake things up and maybe there is another option out there that might present itself into next season. I was all for taking the patient route, but I did expect this team to be better defensively than we have been. Maybe we just need some time at full strength to back into the swing of things, but if I could pry Ibaka loose without loosing too much, I'd take that chance.
    If Ibaka does well here, he'd be expecting close to if not more than 30M per year. We'd have to let Pat walk AND shed some salary to make the tax payments palatable.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      If Ibaka does well here, he'd be expecting close to if not more than 30M per year. We'd have to let Pat walk AND shed some salary to make the tax payments palatable.
      That's why I think a Carroll/Ross/Poeltl for Ibaka/Green trade works. Outgoing is about $28M.. incoming for next year about $30M (possibly less) as Green is a UFA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        That's why I think a Carroll/Ross/Poeltl for Ibaka/Green trade works. Outgoing is about $28M.. incoming for next year about $30M (possibly less) as Green is a UFA.
        Really thinning out that wing depth. Would have to strike it rich with any picks we don't send Orlando's way and get a contributor (or bank on Bruno taking that step). You'd basically just have DD and Powell heading into the summer, unless you run CoJo as a wing.

Actually, that deal with CoJo in Ross' place might make more sense. Wright, Van Vleet and Powell move up a slot in the rotation, and you keep Ross as a shooter. Would probably mean a pick or two heading their way, but I'd be OK with that. Haven't checked the numbers though to see if it works.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Really thinning out that wing depth. Would have to strike it rich with any picks we don't send Orlando's way and get a contributor (or bank on Bruno taking that step). You'd basically just have DD and Powell heading into the summer, unless you run CoJo as a wing.

Actually, that deal with CoJo in Ross' place might make more sense. Wright, Van Vleet and Powell move up a slot in the rotation, and you keep Ross as a shooter. Would probably mean a pick or two heading their way, but I'd be OK with that. Haven't checked the numbers though to see if it works.
          If Masai is able to ship out both CoJo and Carroll for Ibaka then that could end up being a better deal than the GV for Powell/CoJo/LAC pick deal.

But if Ross has to be dealt then we will be thin at the wing. We'll have our tax payer mid-level to shore up the bench. Might be able to convince a vet to come here on the cheap for one year. Vince Carter is a UFA

Comment

• http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/122...fa-serge-ibaka

Comment

• Corey + Carroll + Poeltl for Ibaka + filler if needed

That's the most I'd offer. Ibaka really hasn't been that impressive for a guy who has the green light and no one in his way even if he wanted to pad his stats on a bad team...he puts up 14.9ppg, 6.8rbg and 1.6bpg.

Solid but certainly not worth great assets especially when we're essentially agreeing to massively overpay him to stay. His production is nowhere near max contract value. So if we better be able to swap one crappy contract (Carroll) for another. Where in an admittingly flaw rationale since Carroll is just a net negative are we willing to give up Corey and Poeltl?! But truth is after Carroll it's depressing to think how painful Ibaka's contract maybe in 2-3 years with such crappy production already.
              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Jan 30, 2017, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                Corey + Carroll + Poeltl for Ibaka + filler if needed

That's the most I'd offer. Ibaka really hasn't been that impressive for a guy who has the green light and no one in his way even if he wanted to pad his stats on a bad team...he puts up 14.9ppg, 6.8rbg and 1.6bpg.

Solid but certainly not worth great assets especially when we're essentially agreeing to massively overpay him to stay. His production is nowhere near max contract value. So if we better be able to swap one crappy contract (Carroll) for another. Where in an admittingly flaw rationale since Carroll is just a net negative are we willing to give up Corey and Poeltl?! But truth is after Carroll it's depressing to think how painful Ibaka's contract maybe in 2-3 years with such crappy production already.
                Hell no! that's way too much for a washed up player.

I'd trade Carroll for Ibaka straight up though
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  Hell no! that's way too much for a washed up player.

I'd trade Carroll for Ibaka straight up though
                  I wouldn't call Ibaka "washed up" hes a good 4th best player on a contender, and will be for a few more years. A lot of us are of the opinion that maybe Cojo and but definitely Carroll is addition by subtraction because of their incumbents minutes(wright and powell)...I'd do it all day. Poeltl could become a real nice energy big, first off the bench or decent starter, but I don't see star potential
                  Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Jan 31, 2017, 12:16 AM.
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If the Magic were dumb enough to trade away Oladipo for Ibaka and now are looking to trade Ibaka, maybe they will take CoJo and Carroll

Comment

• Raptors should not make any trade that doesn't involve Ross, period

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                        Raptors should not make any trade that doesn't involve Ross, period
                        In a perfect world you keep Ross and ship Carroll

Comment

• To Raps: Ibaka, CJ Watson, Hezonja
                          To Magic: Carroll, CoJo, Poeltl

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I wouldn't call Ibaka "washed up" hes a good 4th best player on a contender, and will be for a few more years. A lot of us are of the opinion that maybe Cojo and but definitely Carroll is addition by subtraction because of their incumbents minutes(wright and powell)...I'd do it all day. Poeltl could become a real nice energy big, first off the bench or decent starter, but I don't see star potential
                            Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but that was funny.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              To Raps: Ibaka, CJ Watson, Hezonja
                              To Magic: Carroll, CoJo, Poeltl

I'm assuming this would work but I'd rather do that trade moving Siakam then Poeltl. The more I see of both of them; the more that I see Siakam as a small 5 and Poeltl (despite still seeing him as a 5) as a better option at even the 4 spot.

I was high on Siakam until I watched more and more of him playing and came to this realization.
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but that was funny.
                                Not sarcastic. We'd still be one piece away if we got him, which is really the problem. I don't know if you wanna be waist deep in luxury tax tieing all your eggs to lowry derozan and Ibaka, age 28 and up. At the same time, if you can get rid of carroll and cojo aka 22 million non expiring dollars in the deal, have 2 promising sophomores on cap friendly deals step in you have to look at it.

Lowry-Derozan-Ross-pat-Ibaka to close games against CLE and golden state is fun to think about

Comment

Working...
                                X