No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best case would be Cojo/Sully for Ibaka. I'm guessing you have to throw in the clippers pick.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Best case would be Cojo/Sully for Ibaka. I'm guessing you have to throw in the clippers pick.

If the raptors are as interested in keeping pat AND Ibaka as I am for next year, you'd have to shed more 2018 salary ie carroll or less preferably ross. Sully can be a useful backup center some games, some games bebe. But the league is obviously at the point where if you can get a mobile rim protector who shoots 3s to close out next to pat it's ideal
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        If the raptors are as interested in keeping pat AND Ibaka as I am for next year, you'd have to shed more 2018 salary ie carroll or less preferably ross. Sully can be a useful backup center some games, some games bebe. But the league is obviously at the point where if you can get a mobile rim protector who shoots 3s to close out next to pat it's ideal
        Don't really want to bring Pat back. I would love to have 2pat/Ibaka closing out playoff games this year though. I wouldn't want to pay both this summer. If Raps trade for Ibaka. 2pat is as good as gone this summer.

Won't be enough money and minutes to go around. They are actually the same exact player but, Ibaka is just better. Is a legit starter in this league.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ibaka has 83 career playoff games under his belt. Shooting .427 from 3 in those games(.449 on 3.8 attempts in 18 games last year). While averaging 2.5 BLK.

Doesn't exactly make us a legit contender but, it makes us better. I'd rather pay Ibaka than 2pat personally.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Jan 31, 2017, 02:00 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wasn't Orlando very interested in 2pat when he hit free agency a couple years ago? Also Cojo was in the proposed deal this past summer. Cojo/2pat probably gets it done easily.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Wasn't Orlando very interested in 2pat when he hit free agency a couple years ago? Also Cojo was in the proposed deal this past summer. Cojo/2pat probably gets it done easily.

They want young players and picks, not Ibaka-light that will ask for 18 million into his 30s

Comment

• Carrole/bebe/Pick for Ibaka

Orlando gets 2 solid assets for someone who isnt helping them win. And we keep the Lowry/Derozan/Ross/Pat/JV core together
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Just another day, another evaluation.

Comment

• I wasn't a fan of the trade proposals for Ibaka last year when people were talking about it, but with the state of the Raptors defence right now I think he could really fit in well as a vocal leader on D and be a tough guy of sorts. Really don't see our D turning it around without a jolt to the roster.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      They want young players and picks, not Ibaka-light that will ask for 18 million into his 30s
                      Cory is young and they have had interest in 2pat in the past. That's pretty good return for a guy that's going to leave anyways.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Cory is young and they have had interest in 2pat in the past. That's pretty good return for a guy that's going to leave anyways.

is it a certainty that cojo is going to leave as well??

I was hoping he would stay in Toronto for long time

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                          is it a certainty that cojo is going to leave as well??

I was hoping he would stay in Toronto for long time
                          I sure as hell hope not, SAS had it right with him as the 3rd string PG.

Comment

• Any time a proposal comes up involving TRoss, I flinch because I think he's been playing such a good role this year and I would hate to lose him for a rental that doesn't change that much. But in reality, if you could have Ross or Powell it would at least be a wash. And can we really have the luxury of having both if there are needs elsewhere?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              If Ibaka does well here, he'd be expecting close to if not more than 30M per year. We'd have to let Pat walk AND shed some salary to make the tax payments palatable.
                              Man if Ibaka is worth $30M per than there is something seriously wrong. Not saying that he won't get it, but that would be an awful contract IMO. If thats what we are expecting to have to pay him than I'd pass.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                Man if Ibaka is worth $30M per than there is something seriously wrong. Not saying that he won't get it, but that would be an awful contract IMO. If thats what we are expecting to have to pay him than I'd pass.
                                And there indeed is the catch. There's gonna be so many 30 million dollar players in the next couple offseasons...the bubble will burst. Prudent asset management (or as some call it being passive or risk averse) could prove Masai has the last laugh

Comment

Working...
                                X