Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    And there indeed is the catch. There's gonna be so many 30 million dollar players in the next couple offseasons...the bubble will burst. Prudent asset management (or as some call it being passive or risk averse) could prove Masai has the last laugh
    he could be a top tier role player, but no way I'd pay a top tier role player max money, which to me is reserved for the superstar type player, or at least perennial allstar like Demar.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      he could be a top tier role player, but no way I'd pay a top tier role player max money, which to me is reserved for the superstar type player, or at least perennial allstar like Demar.
      I agree, that's why I say the bubble will burst. Let other teams treadmill to luxury tax hell
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
        I agree, that's why I say the bubble will burst. Let other teams treadmill to luxury tax hell
        yes, but the problem I'm having is I'm losing patience lol, and I've been advocating patience for some time. The team is clearly better than it's been lately though, so there's that. But we need something or someone to breath some life into our D, and I am hoping it could be Ibaka. But if a max or near max level contract is on the horizon for him, then maybe it's best to wait and see what turns up in the offseason.

Comment

• Comment

• I would want Ibaka if it's for Corey + Carroll + one of 2nd rd, Bruno or FVV

Serge is NOWHERE NEAR worth a max contract and it would be disgusting if we gave him that but I have no problem with a couple month rental, save the embarrassment of a 1st rd elimination and most importantly shedding Carroll's contract, getting Corey out of Delon's way and if it's at the expense of a 2nd or Bruno, big deal.

At least the lose of Carroll and Corey should open up some cap space to bring in a player that actually helps us and with Sully and Pat off the books, we may be able to add a nice piece. Why for ORL?! That team is just a flat out mess and not saying it's the best package they'll be offered but merely what I'd be willing to give up. If someone else wants to overpay both with trade assets and then re-signing have at it. But at least what we offer could start repairing their locker room as I'm sure Biz would be ecstatic to have Corey and Carroll come over and while it may not translate into Ws, it does make their ongoing rebuild a little less painful to live through.

c-troop wrote: View Post
            I know I didn't propose a great deal for ORL but this is just atrocious for them and NOWHERE near enough for SAC.
            Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue Jan 31, 2017, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• This would be how I shop cojo and carroll if I'm masai

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                I would want Ibaka if it's for Corey + Carroll + one of 2nd rd, Bruno or FVV

Serge is NOWHERE NEAR worth a max contract and it would be disgusting if we gave him that but I have no problem with a couple month rental, save the embarrassment of a 1st rd elimination and most importantly shedding Carroll's contract, getting Corey out of Delon's way and if it's at the expense of a 2nd or Bruno, big deal.

At least the lose of Carroll and Corey should open up some cap space to bring in a player that actually helps us and with Sully and Pat off the books, we may be able to add a nice piece. Why for ORL?! That team is just a flat out mess and not saying it's the best package they'll be offered but merely what I'd be willing to give up. If someone else wants to overpay both with trade assets and then re-signing have at it. But at least what we offer could start repairing their locker room as I'm sure Biz would be ecstatic to have Corey and Carroll come over and while it may not translate into Ws, it does make their ongoing rebuild a little less painful to live through.

I know I didn't propose a great deal for ORL but this is just atrocious for them and NOWHERE near enough for SAC.
                I dunno what your sayin man, Ibaka won't be enough for this team to break through and win some rings. Toronto also has a couple first rounders to try and pry cousins away from SAC + Ibaka and I think the contracts make sense. Orlando is back pedaling anyway and they're lucky to be getting expiring contracts for an old ibaka, watson and rudez. SAC could use Joseph, and Poeltl has shown flashes.

Comment

• c-troop wrote: View Post
                  I dunno what your sayin man, Ibaka won't be enough for this team to break through and win some rings. Toronto also has a couple first rounders to try and pry cousins away from SAC + Ibaka and I think the contracts make sense. Orlando is back pedaling anyway and they're lucky to be getting expiring contracts for an old ibaka, watson and rudez. SAC could use Joseph, and Poeltl has shown flashes.
                  I think if you would propose that trade in any other basketball forum that wasn't the Raptors you'd see why it made little sense but I'll just elaborate a bit more...

1. SAC can get better than that for Cousins....being that Ibaka is a UFA (hence ORL's strong desire to ship him now) for the Kings in particular you take a HUGE risk dealing DMC for JUST Corey friggin Joseph and Jakob Poeltl, let that sink in. Surely Ibaka will have suitors, does he really want to rot in SAC?! I very, very highly doubt that

Even if you kept Ibaka. You just gave away the currently best producing C in the league away for an old and now GROSSLY overpaid Ibaka and 2 bench players....again I'm quite certain they can do (much) better than that.

2. You say ORL would be "lucky to be getting expiring contracts for Ibaka"...*ahem* Ibaka IS an expiring contract so they don't need to trade for an expiring and even more ironically your trade scenario ISN'T even offering expirings besides the fact that ORL isn't a team that is need of cap space. They inherit Carroll's awful contract (which be needed as filler) but then they get stuck with a useless Tolliver and Lawson who I seriously wonder if he'll even be in the league after this season is over. They got absolutely NOTHING of value out of that and in fact only added a bad contract. I acknowledge I had him in my trade (and that it wasn't a great offer) but it was the total package that it would at least a) give them a pick in return b) give them a back up PG c) improve the locker room.....them coming out of the trade with essentially nothing but Carroll's contract is a huge waste of time for them.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    I think if you would propose that trade in any other basketball forum that wasn't the Raptors you'd see why it made little sense but I'll just elaborate a bit more...

1. SAC can get better than that for Cousins....being that Ibaka is a UFA (hence ORL's strong desire to ship him now) for the Kings in particular you take a HUGE risk dealing DMC for JUST Corey friggin Joseph and Jakob Poeltl, let that sink in. Surely Ibaka will have suitors, does he really want to rot in SAC?! I very, very highly doubt that

Even if you kept Ibaka. You just gave away the currently best producing C in the league away for an old and now GROSSLY overpaid Ibaka and 2 bench players....again I'm quite certain they can do (much) better than that.

2. You say ORL would be "lucky to be getting expiring contracts for Ibaka"...*ahem* Ibaka IS an expiring contract so they don't need to trade for an expiring and even more ironically your trade scenario ISN'T even offering expirings besides the fact that ORL isn't a team that is need of cap space. They inherit Carroll's awful contract (which be needed as filler) but then they get stuck with a useless Tolliver and Lawson who I seriously wonder if he'll even be in the league after this season is over. They got absolutely NOTHING of value out of that and in fact only added a bad contract. I acknowledge I had him in my trade (and that it wasn't a great offer) but it was the total package that it would at least a) give them a pick in return b) give them a back up PG c) improve the locker room.....them coming out of the trade with essentially nothing but Carroll's contract is a huge waste of time for them.
                    I feel that you value cousins much higher than I do. We are talking about a short-tempered, talented player with a long list of character issues. I also think you value Carroll much lower than I do and when he is playing at his highest level he is the type of player Orlando is looking for so they can slide aaron gordon back to PF. Ibaka would typically be looking at a re-sign in Sac with cousins gone and probably his last chance to get a huge contract because he wont be getting top dollar on a championship caliber team. They are also getting Corey Joseph, Jakob Poeltl (a top ten first rounder), and 2 first round picks in a draft regarded as one of the deepest ever... It would be a very hard decison to make but I wouldn't consider it attrocious.

Comment

• So Larry Sanders is looking to return to the NBA.. could be a nice little gamble/reclamation project.

Comment

• Did we ever find out who the rumoured pieces going to Atlanta would've been had the Millsap deal happened?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          So Larry Sanders is looking to return to the NBA.. could be a nice little gamble/reclamation project.
                          Depends on what he is asking...he hasn't played in approx. 2 seasons. It also looks like GSW and Boston have not bit yet ..and they worked him out.

Comment

• We had a lot of discussion about trading for Markieff Morris last year, and hardly anybody wanted to take the risk. (The discussion included the usual "No Colangelo moves!!!" hyperbole.) But this is a good example of a risk that is paying off.... The Wizards have won 15 straight at home, 26 of their last 38 in total, and are now 1.5 games behind us.

From a Wizards poster on reddit:

The Wizards backcourt gets all the attention , and even Otto Porter is being recognized as an MIP candidate. But a major reason why the Wizards have taken a leap this season has been the resurgence of Markieff Morris.

Not only has he been feasting offensively, but his defensive intensity and focus has never been better. Kieff is on pace to average a career high in rebounds and the past 20-30 games has been the most productive stretch of his career:

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamel...arkieff-morris

Morris is a guy with a chip on his shoulder, and that has gotten him in trouble at times on/off the court. But when he saw a B/R ranking that didn't even list him as a top 30 PF, he fortunately used it as positive fuel

“Ever since I’ve seen that it’s been kill,” Morris said. “They think I’m a [expletive] joke and I don’t play like that. So every game I look at that. It gives me more motivation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rds-opponents/

When Washington traded for Morris it was seen as a team chemistry risk given his history, but sometimes players just need to be in the right environment to turn it around and it seems like Kieff has found that on this Wiz team.
                            And this is a good example of a win-win trade too. Phoenix took that first rounder from Washington and packaged it for Marquese Chriss.

You can't be afraid of risk to the point where you have to win each trade by a large margin. Sometimes taking a smart risk can pay dividends.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Did we ever find out who the rumoured pieces going to Atlanta would've been had the Millsap deal happened?
                              I remember about Ross & Patterson being mentioned...not sure one or both.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                                We had a lot of discussion about trading for Markieff Morris last year, and hardly anybody wanted to take the risk. (The discussion included the usual "No Colangelo moves!!!" hyperbole.) But this is a good example of a risk that is paying off.... The Wizards have won 15 straight at home, 26 of their last 38 in total, and are now 1.5 games behind us.

From a Wizards poster on reddit:

And this is a good example of a win-win trade too. Phoenix took that first rounder from Washington and packaged it for Marquese Chriss.

You can't be afraid of risk to the point where you have to win each trade by a large margin. Sometimes taking a smart risk can pay dividends.
                                I don't think Markieff Morris is really the difference maker. It's Bradley Beal. He's become efficient, skyrocketing from 103 ORTG to 116 ORTG, while increasing his USG to 26.6%. That's elite offense and extremely impressive. It's a far bigger jump than DeMar made in year 5, and I stand proven wrong on Beal.

However, the biggest change might be Scott Brooks coaching. He knows how to develop a guard-wing run offenses and it took some time to install. The knock on Randy Wittman was his lack of creativity on offense, so Brooks looks like he's unlocked that potential, like Casey did, by turning the Wiz into a more offensive minded team led by their guards.

So, no. I'm still not regretting anything about not getting Markieff Morris. His numbers have upticked barely, but nothing special.

Comment

Working...
                                X