Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Apparently Wilson Chandler is seeking a trade from the Nuggets.
    There are three PF available right now and Masai is just chillin'

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Wilson Chandler would be perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Masai's blackberry just died.

Comment

• Cory, Sully and a 2nd rounder for Chandler. I might even do our 1st instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

I thought you were high on sully getting better?
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• why are people assuming masai isn't working the trade market?

just because he hasn't made a move doesn't mean he isn't in there evaluating lots of potential deals.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                why are people assuming masai isn't working the trade market?

just because he hasn't made a move doesn't mean he isn't in there evaluating lots of potential deals.
                People assume no trades = not trying. I prefer no trades if you end up doing what Orlando did to get Ibaka etc

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  People assume no trades = not trying. I prefer no trades if you end up doing what Orlando did to get Ibaka etc
                  So far Masai gets grades in the following categories:

Signing free agents: B+ (seems to get good bang for the buck to fit a need, including signing our own free agents, still misses the mark on convincing top tier free agents to come here which isn't entirely on him).

Drafting: B- (Seems to have made good choice on the two draft picks this year only time will tell but so far results are somewhat encouraging , Delon pick is yet to prove itself, the Bruno pick was bad)

Trading A: traded malignant players (Gay and Bargnani) for worthy assets and draft picks as well as the coup of getting Normal Powell for GV was a thing of beauty.

Trading has been Masai strong suit thus far and I am glad he isn't compromising. People seems to forgot the horror show which was Colangelo, chasing his own tail when he signed bad expensive players or pressing the panic button for players that didn't fit the roster and losing assets in the process (lots of hits and misses that ended up canceling each other out).
                  Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Feb 2, 2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                    why are people assuming masai isn't working the trade market?

I am certain that masai is working the market.

But what I am worried about is the possibility that masai values Ross more than what he is or the possibility that he isn't working hard enough to trade Ross

Comment

• Please don't ban me from the forum for this, but would anyone entertain the idea of trading Lowry. Clearly it would need to be a great package coming back, and I'm not sure how great that package can be when Lowry is essentially a rental, but if the right deal presented itself? Sometimes holding onto an asset for too long proves to be a mistake. Boston is looking great right now, and their future is looking even greater. Cleveland is Cleveland.

Is trading our best player the right move? Probably not... But I would be curious to see what Lowry could land us. Would Philadelphia be willing to part with their first for this year along with some other young assets? How quickly will the Lowry we love today deteriorate to the contract that handcuffs us tomorrow.

I'm probably just still shell-shocked from the awful play of the last few weeks..

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                        Please don't ban me from the forum for this, but would anyone entertain the idea of trading Lowry. Clearly it would need to be a great package coming back, and I'm not sure how great that package can be when Lowry is essentially a rental, but if the right deal presented itself? Sometimes holding onto an asset for too long proves to be a mistake. Boston is looking great right now, and their future is looking even greater. Cleveland is Cleveland.

Is trading our best player the right move? Probably not... But I would be curious to see what Lowry could land us. Would Philadelphia be willing to part with their first for this year along with some other young assets? How quickly will the Lowry we love today deteriorate to the contract that handcuffs us tomorrow.

I'm probably just still shell-shocked from the awful play of the last few weeks..
                        Why would PHI do that when they can sign him outright??

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          Why would PHI do that when they can sign him outright??
                          Whoever has lowry on their team after the trade deadline is 100x more likely to sign him fwiw. Too much to be lost to change teams.

But yeah I wouldn't ever consider to trade him now, if we tailspin next year and he's locked up he'd still have a ton of value to revisit that

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                            Please don't ban me from the forum for this, but would anyone entertain the idea of trading Lowry. .
                            If it makes our team better then I would entertain the thought.

Garbo wrote: View Post
                            Clearly it would need to be a great package coming back, and I'm not sure how great that package can be when Lowry is essentially a rental, but if the right deal presented itself? Sometimes holding onto an asset for too long proves to be a mistake. Boston is looking great right now, and their future is looking even greater. Cleveland is Cleveland.
                            Again you have to find the right deal giving the circumstances. It is a difficult process in which you are more likely to get 50 cents on the dollar which will probably kick us right out of having home court advantage in the playoffs or the collapse of the team all together.

I don't think the 76'ers would want to part with their first this year giving how deep the draft supposed to be and how Lowry may not want to be a part of "the process" and may look elsewhere in the summer for championship caliber team. You are better off packaging Ross to them for what they are willing to part with.

II'm probably just still shell-shocked from the awful play of the last few weeks..
                            Yes you are but the warning signs were there and the Raptors once again fall to the trap thinking they are a very good team which they are but not good enough for a championship run.

Comment

• Obvious they won't trade demar or Lowry, Patterson and Bebe are pretty safe 2, u can also put Norman powell on that list, everyone else u can have 2 make raptors better. Powell starting 2 b one my favorited players, his the kind of player u want on you team, especially playoffs, old school..his got that Latrell Sprewell charisma, if u guys remember him, so yeah..don't trade him, bc I have feeling his gonna b player.. Definitely getting his jersey, kinda sucks wears the same as mo Pete, which I have.
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I thought you were high on sully getting better?
                                I am but, Chandler is better than both Sully and 2pat.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X