Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    How is Chandler going to help our defense?
    We don't play defence this year or am I missing something? Also, if you watched any Orlando games, youd know he looks lost on the D.

Ibaka's D is getting better in the FL though. I'll give him that.
    Last edited by rocwell; Thu Feb 2, 2017, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Wtf... why is everyone hoping to trade cojo!?!?!? I know he hasn't been playing best recently but we need him!!
      No matter what happens we should not trade cojo before we trade Ross
      And we must trade Ross!!

Comment

• Would rather keep Ross than Joseph.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          You need more than 2 competent bigs and you can use any combo of those three on the floor at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Except, you don't necessarily want to pay that 3rd (or worse 4th big) 12-15 mil per.
          (Like Orlando with Biz)

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Would rather keep Ross than Joseph.
            I agree

Comment

• Everything Trade Chatter

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
              Wtf... why is everyone hoping to trade cojo!?!?!? I know he hasn't been playing best recently but we need him!!
              And we must trade Ross!!
              You are very wrong. Cojo has been the biggest reason for our struggles and is always a net negative when he plays. Delon deserves to have his minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
                Wtf... why is everyone hoping to trade cojo!?!?!? I know he hasn't been playing best recently but we need him!!
                And we must trade Ross!!
                Raptors also have greater depth at point guard (albeit untested) with VanVleet and Wright

Comment

And we must trade Ross!!
                  How many point guards do you want?!
                  Is CoJo good? Reasonably, yes.
                  Is his ceiling as high as Delon's? No.
                  Has VanVleet proven that he's a legit insurance backup? Yes.

You have to move value to get value. The raps have a surfeit of talent at PG and CoJo will never replace Lowry.

I'm for trading Ross, but people seeing CoJo as an ideal player to trade makes sense.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    I'm for trading Ross, but people seeing CoJo as an ideal player to trade makes sense.

If for no other reason than to keep him out of Casey's line of sight. Force him to look further down the bench.

Comment

• I don't think Masai is going to go after Chandler, not with Carroll here. Chandler and Carroll play similar roles and Denver won't want him. And I do believe that Masai is going to try to land Ibaka and personally I'd like to try to keep 2Pat. A big line up of JV, Ibaka, Bebe and 2Pat sounds great on paper.

Can play any 2 of those guys together successfully. Just means less minutes for Siakam which is probably a good thing.

Our biggest need though right now is to find a way to get rid of CoJo. He's hurting this team big time. We have a 50 game sample now.. he's not going to get better.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I don't think Masai is going to go after Chandler, not with Carroll here. Chandler and Carroll play similar roles and Denver won't want him. And I do believe that Masai is going to try to land Ibaka and personally I'd like to try to keep 2Pat. A big line up of JV, Ibaka, Bebe and 2Pat sounds great on paper.

Can play any 2 of those guys together successfully. Just means less minutes for Siakam which is probably a good thing.

Our biggest need though right now is to find a way to get rid of CoJo. He's hurting this team big time. We have a 50 game sample now.. he's not going to get better.
                        Cojo's a wildcard (*in the sense that they might hesitate to trade him). We don't know what Wright will bring (though I think as long as he can stay healthy, I like Wright's game much more). Might be easier to trade him in a couple of weeks when Wright is further along so at least they can be somewhat confident in his health.

Carroll we could lose and that just opens up more minutes for Powell and Ross, who've both been better than him. We'd get smaller but better. Carroll doesn't exactly play with imposing physicality on either end. And with his 6 inch vertical it's not like the extra inches he has in height mean anything.

It's funny that the problems this team has are basically the same as they were when they first turned the corner. Talent/consistency at the forward spots. Masai tried with Carroll, and made a run at Aldridge, but we still just can't seem to fill those spots adequately.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Feb 3, 2017, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• But man.. isn't delon another raw project??? I don't think we are gonna be better off without cojo in playoffs.
                          I mean if you guys are thinking that long down the line why don't we trade kyle lowry too??

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't think Masai is going to go after Chandler, not with Carroll here. Chandler and Carroll play similar roles and Denver won't want him. And I do believe that Masai is going to try to land Ibaka and personally I'd like to try to keep 2Pat. A big line up of JV, Ibaka, Bebe and 2Pat sounds great on paper.

Haven't been watching Orlando. Ibaka was looking rough earlier in the season. How's he looking now?

Comment

But man.. isn't delon another raw project??? I don't think we are gonna be better off without cojo in playoffs.
                              I mean if you guys are thinking that long down the line why don't we trade kyle lowry too??
                              Where are you getting this nonsense about Delon being a raw project?! lol

He's more skilled than Corey. Outside of "ballhandling" (more like dribbling the air out of the ball) what is it that Corey can do that Delon can't?! The correct answer is nothing. Wright is super crafty with the ball, can dribble all over the court if he wanted to but instead he's a very good passer and looks to find the open man (vs predictably try to drive from CJ). He's bigger so he sees over the defence and makes the right read but also benefits him on the glass as he is a better rebounder than Corey and to top it off he is actually a great defender which with added height makes life tougher for the opposing guard.

Really there is no justification for him not playing over Corey other than Casey won't play him and people mistake that for him not being ready which would have happened to Powell btw had Carroll not struggled with injuries. Heck Norm out plays the hell out of Carroll pretty much every game yet we've still seen for no valid reason Powell get NO playing time in some subsequent games following some very solid performances. It's not the player, it's the idiotic coach that values experience over results...

I mean really what did Delon not show in the games he got minutes?!? These weren't D-League games, he was starting and these teams weren't tanking....they were playing to win!! He started and showed that he can keep the team competitive while ALSO putting up better stats than Corey...

Not once did he look "raw", he actually plays solid and within himself much like a veteran....quite ironic really. So yeah not only would we be ok without Corey, I am convinced we would be better.
                              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Feb 3, 2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Could we add one of our 1st round picks to a trade like this? I know Orlando already got a couple PG, but maybe this trade could work.

I'm not so sure they wouldn't want Carroll.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zegxatw

Comment

Working...
                                X