No announcement yet.

Everything Trade Chatter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, if Butler is being moved I'd give up a lot for him. But I doubt the Raptors would be close to the best bid. Bulls would certainly want top notch picks/prospects in return.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Some great tidbits here from the Magic GM.

If Jimmy Butler is available I would honestly throw the kitchen sink at the Bulls to get him. He fits this team to a T. Clutch, tough, amazing two-way player who could give fits to any star wing.

With the Bulls sniffing around after Okafor, we could sneak in and offer a much better player in Jonas, add Poeltl/Powell/picks.

I dunno, this has a big time Fake News feel to it. Evan Fournier + Hezonja + 1st round pick being a King's Ransom for Jimmy Butler doesn't sound right, as well as an NBA GM openly talking about moving a guy he just signed as a free agent (Biyombo). Openly calling Vuc mentally soft is another dead giveaway.

Comment

Some great tidbits here from the Magic GM.

If Jimmy Butler is available I would honestly throw the kitchen sink at the Bulls to get him. He fits this team to a T. Clutch, tough, amazing two-way player who could give fits to any star wing.

With the Bulls sniffing around after Okafor, we could sneak in and offer a much better player in Jonas, add Poeltl/Powell/picks.

If you're Chicago, would you really trade Butler with Jonas as the main player coming back? c'mon man.

If i'm Chicago, i'd offer him to Boston for the Nets pick.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• A 1st round pick from Orlando is basically a top 5 pick in a loaded draft. That's part of the "Kings ransom" I guess... either way Boston beats it since the Nets are trash and Boston's a better team.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            I dunno, this has a big time Fake News feel to it. Evan Fournier + Hezonja + 1st round pick being a King's Ransom for Jimmy Butler doesn't sound right, as well as an NBA GM openly talking about moving a guy he just signed as a free agent (Biyombo). Openly calling Vuc mentally soft is another dead giveaway.
            Magic posters confirm Hennigan does this every year and is very candid. There's a big thread about it.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              If you're Chicago, would you really trade Butler with Jonas as the main player coming back? c'mon man.

If i'm Chicago, i'd offer him to Boston for the Nets pick.
              We obviously might not have the pieces, but if we concede that we don't have the pieces for a current star, who should we be targeting that could be a star in the future (a la Lowry/Thomas)?

Comment

• Raptor Jesus wrote: View Post
                He also played meaningful minutes on 2 50+ win teams leading up to and in the playoffs. Since his D-League stint at 21.

I'm all for Cojo being part of a deal that improves the team, but the notion that Cojo is a bum and our ceiling goes up just by jettisoning him; is also getting out of hand.
                It really is.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                  What ??

You said delon has a higher ceiling than cojo. And I explained why he doesnt.
                  Stop editing my posts so that it looks like I don't want to keep Corey!

Is that complicated!?

I'm trying to provide nuance, and you choppin my words.

HELL YEAH that's #alternativefacts

Also future potential =/= present talent.

Seriously. Who you think you are choppin people's words?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, if Butler is being moved I'd give up a lot for him. But I doubt the Raptors would be close to the best bid. Bulls would certainly want top notch picks/prospects in return.
                    Celtics would likely go after Butler hard. They really, really want a top tier wing player to slot between IT and Horford. They could definitely outbid the Raps.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Magic posters confirm Hennigan does this every year and is very candid. There's a big thread about it.
                      A GM who is scrambling to do deals before the trade deadline is openly slagging his trade assets in a public forum? There's no real point to doing that. And some other guy on Reddit said he was at the same event and said the Realgm guy was making stuff up. I'm still calling BS.

Comment

We obviously might not have the pieces, but if we concede that we don't have the pieces for a current star, who should we be targeting that could be a star in the future (a la Lowry/Thomas)?
                        Can't think of anyone really.

But I don't think this team is really open for that type of player to excel here. Lowry and Thomas got their shots on non-playoff teams that were looking for volume production. This team has already got their stars.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          Stop editing my posts so that it looks like I don't want to keep Corey!

Is that complicated!?

I'm trying to provide nuance, and you choppin my words.

HELL YEAH that's #alternativefacts

Also future potential =/= present talent.

Seriously. Who you think you are choppin people's words?
                          Yeah only black jitsu be karate choppin round here!
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• If Chicago is looking to blow up their roster then can't see anyone making a better offer for Butler than Boston.

On the other hand if they don't want a long rebuild would anyone here move Demar and Lowry for Butler, parts and cap space? What sort of cap room would we have going into the summer? JV could move up to second banana or be used in a trade to bring in another star player to play along side Butler. I hear LeBron isn't happy with the Cavs again.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              If Chicago is looking to blow up their roster then can't see anyone making a better offer for Butler than Boston.

On the other hand if they don't want a long rebuild would anyone here move Demar and Lowry for Butler, parts and cap space? What sort of cap room would we have going into the summer? JV could move up to second banana or be used in a trade to bring in another star player to play along side Butler. I hear LeBron isn't happy with the Cavs again.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                                Celtics would likely go after Butler hard. They really, really want a top tier wing player to slot between IT and Horford. They could definitely outbid the Raps.
                                It's actually a deal that makes a lot of sense. The Bulls have so many issues and a fair bit of it comes from the distrust Butler has for the front office.

The Nets pick is a great way for the Bulls to start a rebuild without enduring the painful season that goes along with it.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X