Clear All

• TRex wrote: View Post
    Is big boi and Claw the same person?
    No. I've been on here a long time : )

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Must be.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
      Not all posters are as delusional as you.

To say that Butler is just a bit better than Derozan is does says a lot.

I rest my case.

Comment

• I would trade anyone not named Powell to acquire either Paul George or Butler if any of them becomes available.

Lowry is moot as he is a free agent.

Powell and George

Or

Powell and Butler

Can be deadly on both ends of the court.

Stop this one dimensional crusade.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
          Jimmy is better than durant, Westbrook and harden imo.

Lebron
          Kawhi
          Steph
          Jimmy

I'd rather have Jimmy over steph but I know steph is probably better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Bahahaha

Wow.

I can't believe I'm reading this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            I would want Ibaka if it's for Corey + Carroll + one of 2nd rd, Bruno or FVV

Serge is NOWHERE NEAR worth a max contract and it would be disgusting if we gave him that but I have no problem with a couple month rental, save the embarrassment of a 1st rd elimination and most importantly shedding Carroll's contract, getting Corey out of Delon's way and if it's at the expense of a 2nd or Bruno, big deal.

At least the lose of Carroll and Corey should open up some cap space to bring in a player that actually helps us and with Sully and Pat off the books, we may be able to add a nice piece. Why for ORL?! That team is just a flat out mess and not saying it's the best package they'll be offered but merely what I'd be willing to give up. If someone else wants to overpay both with trade assets and then re-signing have at it. But at least what we offer could start repairing their locker room as I'm sure Biz would be ecstatic to have Corey and Carroll come over and while it may not translate into Ws, it does make their ongoing rebuild a little less painful to live through.

I know I didn't propose a great deal for ORL but this is just atrocious for them and NOWHERE near enough for SAC.
            Obviously not knowing what Orl wants (and what the markets would offer of Ibaka) I'll throw something, you see what you think.
            I'll put it down as 2 sep transactions (in essence it would be 1) to see if either/both make sense AFTER some tweaking.
            1. Ibaka for Joseph & Sully (+fillers)
            2. Green for Carroll (+, - fillers).
            Lets focus on No 2: Would Orl even consider? It would at least allow them to move Gordon to natural No 4. Would they view as DC as somewhat serviceable 3? Maybe a change of scenery is all DC needs?
            Clearly $15 mil for Green (just this year) is a total waste. Would they be willing to consider DC at 3 for next 2-3 yrs till young replacements are ready. Carroll in Atl was way more productive on both ends.

As for No 1: I know they paid heck of lot more for Ibaka, but tough shit. There is no chance you get that now.
            Sully would obviously be a temp solution (possibility of resigning him w Bird rights as a backup?).
            As for fill ins: We have 2 more 1st rounders this year. Yes, they are assets, but I don't see Masai drafting 2 more guys in 20s and do what with them (maybe draft & stash at best)?
            They are assets & would not just give then away, but would it really hurt to use them as a balance to get Serge..
            Some are tossing idea: Whats the point, Serge will get 30 mil, etc...
            Really?
            What if Orl wants Joseph & 2Pat only for Serge? I'd be slightly less inclined, but likely agree. Then again, I'm not Masai.
            Last nights game was even more evident how much we need someone like Ibaka.

Finally recent talks of Butler to Bos has me thinking: Do we have a prayer vs Bos if this happens?
            Maybe Ibaka gives us more than a chance. With some turmoil in Cleveland, it might be worth a chance, sitting & waiting for James to get old is NOT an option nor solution.
            Lets face: Who though OKC had a chance of coming out of West last year at the expense of both SA & GS? That nearly happened.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
              Obviously not knowing what Orl wants (and what the markets would offer of Ibaka) I'll throw something, you see what you think.
              I'll put it down as 2 sep transactions (in essence it would be 1) to see if either/both make sense AFTER some tweaking.
              Lets focus on No 2: Would Orl even consider? It would at least allow them to move Gordon to natural No 4. Would they view as DC as somewhat serviceable 3? Maybe a change of scenery is all DC needs?
              Clearly $15 mil for Green (just this year) is a total waste. Would they be willing to consider DC at 3 for next 2-3 yrs till young replacements are ready. Carroll in Atl was way more productive on both ends.

As for No 1: I know they paid heck of lot more for Ibaka, but tough shit. There is no chance you get that now.
              Sully would obviously be a temp solution (possibility of resigning him w Bird rights as a backup?).
              As for fill ins: We have 2 more 1st rounders this year. Yes, they are assets, but I don't see Masai drafting 2 more guys in 20s and do what with them (maybe draft & stash at best)?
              They are assets & would not just give then away, but would it really hurt to use them as a balance to get Serge..
              Some are tossing idea: Whats the point, Serge will get 30 mil, etc...
              Really?
              What if Orl wants Joseph & 2Pat only for Serge? I'd be slightly less inclined, but likely agree. Then again, I'm not Masai.
              Last nights game was even more evident how much we need someone like Ibaka.

Finally recent talks of Butler to Bos has me thinking: Do we have a prayer vs Bos if this happens?
              Maybe Ibaka gives us more than a chance. With some turmoil in Cleveland, it might be worth a chance, sitting & waiting for James to get old is NOT an option nor solution.
              Lets face: Who though OKC had a chance of coming out of West last year at the expense of both SA & GS? That nearly happened.

I like the Carroll for Green swap being part of the package. Good way to get out of his contract and free up some cash to pay Lowry, Ibaka and Patterson this offseason. So I'd do your trade 1 and 2 in a heartbeat.

It makes it easier to stomach giving up 1 draft pick outgoing if they are taking Carrolls contract off our hands. If Carroll is not part of the trade and they look to dump him separately I'd imagine they would have to include a pick at this rate.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
                I would do either in a heartbeat as long no 1st rd picks are included. The Magic have backed themselves into a corner and they're not going to get anywhere near what they gave up. I fed ex Carroll for same day delivery for Green and we can throw in a 2nd rd pick or heck have Bruno. Then as for the Ibaka trade if push comes to shove they can have Yak or Siakam but the 2017 1st rd are off the table (they have a lot more value than most think because seemingly not many are following the players in our range) for a player like Serge who really isn't some franchise player but more just a solid complimentary player that is due to get massively overpaid.

Comment

• Amazing to see Butler both over and under rated in such a small sample of posts.

He's a great two way player but isn't better than some of the elite names being thrown around.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• My hope for the Raptors is to have a PG (Lowry) to take over games when it matters ala Celtics but also allows the other players to CONSISTENTLY get touches. Not relying too much to just one HIGH USAGE guy (Derozan) who is the main focal point of the offense.

Powell because of his better defensive fundamentals can be of great assistance to Lowry in terms of defensive workload.

If we can acquire (trading Derozan/ Joseph and future picks) for a two way starting Shooting Forward, this would definitely balance out the frontcourt-backcourt combination on either sides of the court.

I like what I see from the Celtics:
                    Amir
                    Horford
                    Crowder
                    Bradley/Smart
                    IT

IT can demand the ball when it matters but he mostly deferred the offense to his teammates. (Lowry can do it)

Either Bradley or Smart are decent two way players but very effective defensive SG (Powell-more explosive than these two)

Lowry/Powell/Paul George/Patterson/JV

Lowry/Powell/Jimmy Butler/Patterson/JV

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                      My hope for the Raptors is to have a PG (Lowry) to take over games when it matters ala Celtics but also allows the other players to CONSISTENTLY get touches. Not relying too much to just one HIGH USAGE guy (Derozan) who is the main focal point of the offense.

Powell because of his better defensive fundamentals can be of great assistance to Lowry in terms of defensive workload.

If we can acquire (trading Derozan/ Joseph and future picks) for a two way starting Shooting Forward, this would definitely balance out the frontcourt-backcourt combination on either sides of the court.

I like what I see from the Celtics:
                      Amir
                      Horford
                      Crowder
                      Bradley/Smart
                      IT

IT can demand the ball when it matters but he mostly deferred the offense to his teammates. (Lowry can do it)

Either Bradley or Smart are decent two way players but very effective defensive SG (Powell-more explosive than these two)

Lowry/Powell/Paul George/Patterson/JV

Lowry/Powell/Jimmy Butler/Patterson/JV
                      How about
                      Lowry-DeRozan-Batum-Ibaka-Jordan

We need DeRozan
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Why do you even reply to Claw? dude is clearly a troll.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          Why do you even reply to Claw? dude is clearly a troll.
                          I love it how the people who hate on DeRozan and repeatedly point out his few flaws are the people who expect to get back another star or a top 3 pick when they make their little fantasy trade
                          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• DeRozan suck! let's trade him to the Pacers for Paul George! ROFL
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                              I love it how the people who hate on DeRozan and repeatedly point out his few flaws are the people who expect to get back another star or a top 3 pick when they make their little fantasy trade
                              To be fair, I'd be happy to trade Derozan for PG or Butler. Although his comment makes no sense...He sucks, so lets trade him for a star player...

Comment

• What makes no sense is trading one high usage player for another, given that what Claw is trying to do is balance the roster, like the Celtics have done. Meanwhile, the Celts are searching for a high usage player to acquire via trade to pair with IT.

Comment

Working...
                                X