Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    My wishlist:

1. Wilson Chandler
    or
    2. Millsap
    or
    3. Ibaka
    I don't understand everyone's fascination with Chandler. We likely he have to give up someone like Ross to get him and so now we just gave away one of our best trade chips for a minimal upgrade at best. Chandler will barely move the needle hence why DEN is open to trading him.

Millsap should easily be #1 on that list as he easily has the greatest impact of any of them. He is basically the PF Lowry to ATL. I don't mind Ibaka but and he would be #2 because he would have the second greatest impact but we just better not give up much for him. I don't care what anyone says he is not 27. Unlike Paul, he is not the engine that carries a team as evidenced by ORL's crappy record, he is very much a complimentary piece that is going to cost franchise player dollars.

While many will quickly respond "well it's not your money"....yes that's informative to whichever Capt Obvious points that out however we would fall into the dilemma the Cavs have....except WORSE. We will have near the highest salary in the league and unlike the Cavs who have the BEST damn player in the league at the center of it, we also don't have complimentary pieces like Shumpert, Thompson, JR, Korver and Frye....and they STILL want more! We lock in Lowry and Ibaka, we will need to squeeze blood out a stone which makes it all the more laughable some people are willing to part with a pick for him when we'll desperately need that just to fill out the bench with the pennies we have left. But anyways sorry for the rant....just my beef with Ibaka situation which seems the most likely trade scenario imo and Chandler is a waste of assets unless he comes at the price of Joseph, Carroll (not bloody likely) or Sully. The only real somewhat gamechanger is now off the market unless we're willing to pay out the nose for him with assets.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
      I agree (see bold). Who was OKC 5 at the time? Perk & young Adams (both for at least a few years). Enough said.
      This might help a bit (not a huge difference, age notwithstanding. Age will be more of a factor if are planning of resigning either player next year)

http://www.landofbasketball.com/play...ul_millsap.htm

Again, it appears that cost of acquiring Ibaka would be substantially less, thus allowing us to assess situation at the end of year, and if necessary let him walk (if say get blown out by Cavs again, dont even make it to ECF, poor chemistry...).
      With 32 year old Millsap (if we get him) -I'm afraid we've crossed Rubicon. The fact that at age 36 & 37 (years 4 &5 of potential max contract) he might be making 30 mil is ridiculous (regardless of high BBIQ etc).
      ECF? We may get swept again in first round....

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post
        36 year old West making 1.5 mil is a hell of a player/deal;
        36 (& 37) year old Millsap making 30 mil could cripple us.
        I agree. But we're at the point where we have a very defined contention window for the next few years.

We are going to be capped out, and a few years from now, replacing what Lowry does for this team is going to be practically impossible.

So you take the gamble on Millsap and hope that you can make hay while the sun still shines. Then in four years you tear down and start over.

Shuffling around guys like Biyombo and Sullinger might keep us at 45-55 wins... But I personally would rather have a real shot at contention for a few years and then rebuild, over continually putting off our chances for an opportunity that might never come. Especially given the dynamics of the new CBA.

Unfortunately I think the window on Millsap is closed. I'm crossing my fingers that something else emerges but am also steeling mysef for disappointment.

Comment

• I've been thinking about trades all year but ever since the Millsap trade faded, I'm more looking toward the draft. I am hoping our young guys get some mins, especially delon. Add our three picks and mid-tier, value contracts like Ross, cojo and I think we will be in a position to acquire some talent, somehow, like maybe move up or move out.
          I think there's more value and upside to add talent there then paying ibaka $25m. That contract is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather move up to take bridges or take Giles + anunoby for $5m.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
            I've been thinking about trades all year but ever since the Millsap trade faded, I'm more looking toward the draft. I am hoping our young guys get some mins, especially delon. Add our three picks and mid-tier, value contracts like Ross, cojo and I think we will be in a position to acquire some talent, somehow, like maybe move up or move out.
            I think there's more value and upside to add talent there then paying ibaka $25m. That contract is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather move up to take bridges or take Giles + anunoby for $5m.
            Agreed!

So many people on this board seem to be sleeping on this draft and act like BC suggesting throwing in our 1sts like they're throw aways. While I can't guarantee that we are the ones to get the steal in this draft there WILL be a "George, Kawhi, Giannis" in it that falls outside of the lottery. There are just too many great prospects with a boatload of potential and every year there are GMs that go with the "nba ready" pick (which we have been annoyingly guilty of) or a couple of players with a great tournament that move up or just seem to get valued more.

Meanwhile some player who is supposedly more "raw" or an international player or smaller school player that wasn't followed as extensively falls through the cracks and a team with a good scouting department makes the heist of the draft. Guys like Anunoby, Bridges and Giles could very easily be that guy or it could just as well be Hartenstein, Jeanne etc. Given that Masai was able to spot Giannis when pretty much NO ONE else had caught wind of him gives me hope (Bruno was a rebound from a broken heart lol). As long as Masai, turns off IBM Watson and sticks with his own drafting style I like our odds of coming out of this draft with something good. I mean seriously, imagine we got a SF, PF or even a C with potential as good or better than Powell....I could see it and it could happen twice.

Comment

• A few quiet guys that could be interesting:

1. Darrell Arthur, Denver Nuggets: Not much of a rebounder, but arguably a guy that can space the floor and hit a 3 very well (40 of 79 so far this year). Playing 16 minutes a game with the Nuggets & wouldn't cost much at all (FVV and a 2nd?).

2. Thabo Sefolosha, Atlanta Hawks: People argue we need a true SF that actually plays lockdown D. Thabo's a veteran that fits in well, and the Hawks are looking for a SG to play next to Schroeder. Ross for Thabo, anyone?

Well, I'm gonna keep hunting for the RIGHT fit at PF/SF. Who knows what MU is thinking?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• could we by anychance pick up jarnell stokes

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  A few quiet guys that could be interesting:

1. Darrell Arthur, Denver Nuggets: Not much of a rebounder, but arguably a guy that can space the floor and hit a 3 very well (40 of 79 so far this year). Playing 16 minutes a game with the Nuggets & wouldn't cost much at all (FVV and a 2nd?).

2. Thabo Sefolosha, Atlanta Hawks: People argue we need a true SF that actually plays lockdown D. Thabo's a veteran that fits in well, and the Hawks are looking for a SG to play next to Schroeder. Ross for Thabo, anyone?

Well, I'm gonna keep hunting for the RIGHT fit at PF/SF. Who knows what MU is thinking?
                  My only issue with Thabo is that he isn't a good 3pt shooter and given Pat's inconsistency that really make it tough for spacing out the floor better. He would be nice when Ross was in opposed to DeMar though.

Comment

I've been thinking about trades all year but ever since the Millsap trade faded, I'm more looking toward the draft. I am hoping our young guys get some mins, especially delon. Add our three picks and mid-tier, value contracts like Ross, cojo and I think we will be in a position to acquire some talent, somehow, like maybe move up or move out.
                    It would probably cost more to move up in this draft than it would be to trade for Ibaka.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Raptors should of traded for Markief Morris when they had a chance. Look at him in Washington now. On a great contract too.

He better get Ibaka!

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Feb 10, 2017, 11:27 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        It would probably cost more to move up in this draft than it would be to trade for Ibaka.

I dunno. If clips bomb and we get 18-20th, we have a lot of add ons to get up to 15th. Phx jumped 13-8th with a mid 20s pick last yr. Different draft but its hard to crack top 10. Granted it was the kings and papa John's.
                        I'm also considering trading out and packaging assets. I think there will be more offers at the draft. There's not anything intriguing me atm.

Comment

Raptors should of traded for Markief Morris when they had a chance. Look at him in Washington now. On a great contract too.

He better get Ibaka!

Bu...but Purtle!!!

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                            Bu...but Purtle!!!
                            Would rather have Morris than Poeltl

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Would rather have Morris than Poeltl

I know I'm teasing lol...low character guys like him and Whiteside aren't welcome here though.

Comment

I dunno. If clips bomb and we get 18-20th, we have a lot of add ons to get up to 15th. Phx jumped 13-8th with a mid 20s pick last yr. Different draft but its hard to crack top 10. Granted it was the kings and papa John's.
                                I'm also considering trading out and packaging assets. I think there will be more offers at the draft. There's not anything intriguing me atm.
                                Clips wont bomb. As soon as Paul is back they will be back to thier winning ways. Ibaka is just perfect fit to me. Ibaka is shooting better from 3 than 2pat on the same attempts. Give you more rebounds, blocks in about the same minutes. Also Ibaka is able to put the ball on the floor when you close out on him. Which 2pat is terrible at.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X