2. Curry's bro 32.3
    3. Valanciunas 27.4
    4. Warner Bros ( Warney ) 25.4
    5. Poeltl 22.5

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    The handle and dribble pull-up game are looking tight. Looks like T-Ross put in some work over the summer.
    Please let it carry over into the season.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    If you wanna re-live T-Boss' night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FRjnO8Vcs
    The handle and dribble pull-up game are looking tight. Looks like T-Ross put in some work over the summer.

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    If you wanna re-live T-Boss' night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_FRjnO8Vcs

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    RDV wrote: View Post
    I asked Blake of RR and there is no injury reserve options like your asking for in the NBA. So the answer is no. If a season ending injury happens a club can ask the league for some sort of flexibility but I'm a little hazy on the details.
    You can't clear the roster spot unless you waive the player. For very short spurts you are allowed to carry 16 players with league approval, but only if you have 4 guys unable to play due to injury.

If you have a roster spot clear, you can use the disabled player exception to sign someone else to replace the player, but only if the player is out for the year.

If you are thinking what we do if Carroll gets hurt and we wish we had, say, EJ Singler for some reason? We waive Van Vleet at that point and sign Singler (or anyone else available) to the minimum, no injury exception needed.

Leave a comment:

• RDV
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    ... i asked before but wasn't answered. if the team keeps van vleet to start the season and carrol gets injured for significant time do we get to sign someone else or do we have to drop a player first to make room for the replacement?
    I asked Blake of RR and there is no injury reserve options like your asking for in the NBA. So the answer is no. If a season ending injury happens a club can ask the league for some sort of flexibility but I'm a little hazy on the details.

Leave a comment:

• RDV
    replied
    magoon wrote: View Post
    There's really no question left that VanVleet is #15, right?

I mean, sure, he's small and the Raptors already have three guys who can play his position (although Delon can play SG easily enough if needed). But he's obviously the best player of the guys competing for that final roster spot. It's not even close, and that's with Drew Crawford playing pretty well too.

When in doubt, go BPA.
    I sure was hyped up to see Uthoff play as I had hoped he could be an additional 3pt shooter plus flexible defender. Maybe he'll get a fair chance in some of the remaining games. I'd be interesting to know if Casey lets the youngsters play be a direct result on how well they practice?

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    According to SportVU, the Raptors ranked seventh with 3.23 passes per possession, up from 2.96 (21st) in 2014-15. That was the second biggest increase in the league (behind the Denver Nuggets), but they saw a decrease in the percentage of their field goals that were assisted. They recorded assists on only 51.1 percent of their baskets, the lowest rate in the league, down from 54.7 percent (28th) in '14-15.
    Toronto had the league's biggest increase in DREB% (plus-4.4%) from the previous season, rising from 25th to eighth in the league.
    According to SportVU, the Raptors took only 41 percent of their shots in the first 12 seconds of the shot clock, the second lowest rate in the league, ahead of only Utah (35 percent).
    DeRozan led the league with 8.7 points per game on drives, up from 4.9 last season. He was also one of five players who attempted more than 500 shots from mid-range.
    When coming off a ball screen, DeRozan passed the ball to the screener only 13.7 percent of the time, the lowest mark among 93 players that came off at least 500 ball screens, according to SportVU. Among that group, he was the fourth most likely to drive, the fourth most likely to isolate, and the second most likely to draw a foul.
    Joseph averaged 5.7 dribbles per touch, the fourth highest mark among 230 players with at least 1,000 touches, according to SportVU. Lowry (4.0) and DeRozan (3.2) ranked 50th and 69th, respectively.
    In the playoffs, the Raptors were outscored by 96 points in just 209 minutes (22.1 per 48) with Lowry on the bench.
    The Raptors scored less than a point per possession in only 20 (24 percent) of their 82 regular season games, but in 11 (55 percent) of their 20 playoff games.
    Valanciunas led the playoffs in rebounding percentage, grabbing 24.3 percent of available rebounds.
    DeRozan had the second worst effective field goal percentage (39.9 percent) among players who took at least 100 shots in the playoffs.

http://www.nba.com/article/2016/10/0...uels-comebacks

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    What's funny is I slag the guy at every turn, the raps republic/analyst version of me doesn't like him. But seeing him in person Im suddenly his #1 fan lol

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    How did the crowd sound to those watching on tv? I had nothing to compare it to, but I felt like we could have been louder.

Great game to attend though. My girlfriend got my hat signed by derozan. I wanted a lowry signature but just missed out. Sister in law got lowry, derozan cojo and jv, and I slapped the hands of each one.

Also, when derozan was signing stuff, there was a little lull in the noise and I took the opportunity to yell "yo demar fuck sports illustrated! You da man! You da man!" And I saw a smirk slide across his face. The fanboy in me was in all his glory

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    How did the crowd sound to those watching on tv? I had nothing to compare it to, but I felt like we could have been louder.

Great game to attend though. My girlfriend got my hat signed by derozan. I wanted a lowry signature but just missed out. Sister in law got lowry, derozan cojo and jv, and I slapped the hands of each one.

Also, when derozan was signing stuff, there was a little lull in the noise and I took the opportunity to yell "yo demar fuck sports illustrated! You da man! You da man!" And I saw a smirk slide across his face. The fanboy in me was in all his glory

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i agree he has been the best to play so far. couple guys we haven't seen yet. i am looking forward to seeing if utoff can play the 3. i think the decision comes down to carrol's knee. casey knows demar can handle the ball if they are in a pinch so the question comes down to is it more likely carrol or one of cory and lowry get injured.

i asked before but wasn't answered. if the team keeps van vleet to start the season and carrol gets injured for significant time do we get to sign someone else or do we have to drop a player first to make room for the replacement?
    I think we saw enough from Vanvleet to warrant him a roster spot.
    As for Carrol there's nothing significant(even though i'm not happy to hear he's not 100% healthy yet) to suggest he could miss a significant time again this season,however if something like that takes place then we deal with it after getting a thorough look at different players performances (including our own rookies) and if we have to create a roster spot then so be it.
    Ps: If Crawford does not get the 15th spot I hope Raps convince him to stick around with 905 in hope he could join the team later.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Great crowd in Calgary
    I took a few clients to the company box and it was a good night.

Crowd was good for a pre-season game (and for a Calgary crowd). Saw lots of Raps gear around town last night before and after the game, including some vintage VC jerseys and even a Doug Christie one.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Murray is going to be good. Clutch AF. Damn, we came pretty close to drafting him. F***

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Was at this game, it was a great time.

Main takeaways:
    -Ross is looking terrific. If he can keep this kind of mental focus during the season he really will be worth much more than his contract value and I'll be proven totally wrong. I hope he does.
    -Jonas is starting to concern me. I don't know what it is, but something is off. It's still very, very early, so hopefully he's just shaking off the rust. The numbers were nice but he got some easy buckets... other times he was just awkward. I don't know how else to describe it.
    -Powell looks good but good grief what is our endgame shot-calling again. An iso for a contested three? Blech.
    -Poor Bruno.
    -CoJo looked great.
    -Poeltl looked solid on O. On D he's going to get eaten up.
    -Siakam had some great hustle plays. His hops are nice too, one of the better surprises this preseason.

-Jamal Murray is the truth.
    -Denver has some sneaky good depth. Easy to forget that they've got Harris/Barton-Gallinari/Chandler on the wings with Murray (and Hernangomez) in waiting, and Jokic-Nurkic up front. If Mudiay can develop some sort of shot, with Mike Malone coaching I think this team could take some people by surprise. The four is the weak spot as Faried is just terrible on D.

When Dr J came out it was one of the highlights of the night. Same with Muggsy and JYD. A really well put-together event.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X