Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    All I cared about in seeing in this game was Carroll progressing towards being season ready for their first game. Job Done.

It was a bonus seeing Lowry ready to fly. So much for him coming into the season overweight. Saw Siakam learn some important lessons guarding Love. Saw Joseph demoing a much improved offensive version of himself. Saw Powell a little more relaxed and showing what we want to see.

Couldn't be happier. Now give the young guys some run against the Argentinian team, and see the starting rotation over the two last games and it will have been a very succesful pre-season.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    I'm trying to tell people our defense looks very messy so far and it worries me...
    Actually, you have succeeded tremendously at expressing your concerns. You have been expressing them since BEFORE the preseason started.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    whats ray allen up to these days?
    He was "eyeing" Warriors back in July..

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    Read a comment that 2 Pat looks like the Mask of Agamemnon and now I can't unsee it.

Haha! It's the eyes that are too close to his nose.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Deino wrote: View Post
    I didn't watch the whole game,however in the second half Vanfleet looked the one who fits well on this roster.
    That's cause Vanfleet didn't play until the end of the 3rd so he never looked out of place.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Z
    replied
    whats ray allen up to these days?

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Here's hoping we can trade Bruno for a 2017 2nd rounder.
    and becomes another Norman Powell? Shit why not?

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    Here's hoping we can trade Bruno for a 2017 2nd rounder.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    Read a comment that 2 Pat looks like the Mask of Agamemnon and now I can't unsee it.

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I really don't feel the need to keep any of these fringe guys on the big league roster.

VanVleet cannot get his game off against NBA guys at all at the moment. I like his approach and energy, but he isn't capable at this point. No need to bring him up as a 3rd PG that won't get minutes. Sign him straight to the 905 and let him play and hopefully improve. He might have more value being the starter in the D-League with Delon out than being a non-playing 3rd PG. If one of Cojo or Lowry gets injured, we'll have big issues anyway, and then you could always sign him to a big league deal.

Heslip it's the same problems he's always had. Great shooter. Not good enough at anything else and not athletic. Wouldn't be in the rotation, and I doubt we'd actually use him in situational one-off plays...not always easy for even the best shooters to be effective in such limited roles anyway.

Crawford almost sorta kinda looks like an NBA depth player at times...but I'm not really sure what purpose it serves to have him as the 15th man. Why not just sign him to a D-League deal? You'd still have the possibility of signing him up to the big league if you had an injury or something, and no other options.

Not really worth mentioning Singler or Uthoff.

So yeah, I don't care if they fill the spot. 15th man really isn't a make/break decision, and none of these guys have really impressed.
    I actually kinda agree with this, not to mention we could also keep the spot open to bring in someone instead Saunders, Smith, Udoh (with somewhat upside) etc OR just have it as space if we make a trade. None of these guys are all that great. I give FVV, Heslip and Crawford credit for some decent showings but agree on your assessment of why not.

BUT I will say I just get this gut feeling that Van Vleet will get that spot. Casey loves PGs and I highly doubt runs any risk that should one of Lowry or CoJo get hurt that we don't have a PG to run the show with Delon out. Personally I hope we don't and we just bring him or someone else on a 10 day contract as needed instead.

I have no idea if these guys have signed with anyone yet but just from looking at hoopshype these guys are still supposedly FAs:

Kirk Hinrich
    Mario Chalmers
    Andre Miller
    Josh Smith
    Steve Blake
    Tayshaun Prince
    Caron Butler
    Chris Kaman

Although some of those guys are definitely getting old I could see them a few being of more use than the current group of names battling it out. Personally I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Smith because he fits the SF/PF hybrid and brings some shotblocking. Caron and Prince would be solid vets in the lockerroom, they're not what they used to be but I don't trust Carroll's health the most out of anyone on the roster. Hinrich or Chalmers would be better than FVV imo too.
    Last edited by JamesNaismith; Fri Oct 14, 2016, 01:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    tonious35 wrote: View Post
    If Bruno fails, I will have no resentment to Masai or Bruno because Masai will use other draft picks on better players anyways.
    No one should have any resentment. It was the 20th pick, at best, you're likely to get an average starter or good role player. Masai swung for the fences, if it doesn't work out, then it doesn't hurt them one bit.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    Deino wrote: View Post
    I didn't watch the whole game,however in the second half Vanfleet looked the one who fits well on this roster.
    If Delon is still out, it most likely be VanVleet

Leave a comment:

• Deino
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Fred VanVleet should be our 15th man.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Fred VanVleet should be our 15th man.

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I really don't feel the need to keep any of these fringe guys on the big league roster.

VanVleet cannot get his game off against NBA guys at all at the moment. I like his approach and energy, but he isn't capable at this point. No need to bring him up as a 3rd PG that won't get minutes. Sign him straight to the 905 and let him play and hopefully improve. He might have more value being the starter in the D-League with Delon out than being a non-playing 3rd PG. If one of Cojo or Lowry gets injured, we'll have big issues anyway, and then you could always sign him to a big league deal.

Heslip it's the same problems he's always had. Great shooter. Not good enough at anything else and not athletic. Wouldn't be in the rotation, and I doubt we'd actually use him in situational one-off plays...not always easy for even the best shooters to be effective in such limited roles anyway.

Crawford almost sorta kinda looks like an NBA depth player at times...but I'm not really sure what purpose it serves to have him as the 15th man. Why not just sign him to a D-League deal? You'd still have the possibility of signing him up to the big league if you had an injury or something, and no other options.

Not really worth mentioning Singler or Uthoff.

So yeah, I don't care if they fill the spot. 15th man really isn't a make/break decision, and none of these guys have really impressed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X