Ersan Ilyasova might be a FREE AGENT shortly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barolt wrote: View Post
    All you have to do is play a game of track the assets that starts with the Jermaine O'Neal trade, runs through the Marion trade, and ends with the Rudy Gay trade. It's truly marvelous what all we gave up.
    BC had a pretty decent draft record post Barney. The draft is a bit of crapshoot and all in all you'd have to say on balance BC did a decent job in picking talent when his turn came up. Think he went 3 and 2 and an OTL including Barney.

2006: Andrea Bargnani, 1st.... no need to comment.
    2007: No first-rounder
    2008: Roy Hibbert, 17th for Jermaine O'Neal and the Australian Shaq... Nathan Jawai... no need to comment.
    2009: DeMar DeRozan, 9th... With the brain cramp relieved BC picks a winner.
    2010: Ed Davis, 13th.... Tough to say the Ed wasn't a good pick at 13. He is still in the league. Two guys picked after him were Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe. We weren't loaded at guard at the time with Jose being the PG and a raft of forgetables behind him..Still 4 other teams passed on these guys too.
    2011: Jonas Valanciunas, 5th. Pretty solid looking pick eh ?
    2012: Terrence Ross, 8th. Forever going to live in the shadow of woulda coulda shoulda who plays down the at the end of 401 west. Before you scream.. remember... 5 other teams passed on Drummond before Detroit picked him.. whats worse is those team passed on him in lieu of Dion Waiters and Thomas Robinson.

Save for the Lowry for the 12th pick he was pretty poor at pro scouting and pro talent evaluation. The Lowry deal stands out as stellar and couple of ok FA signings but its still no where near enough to make up for the list below. .

Big Negatives

The Gay trade.
    The O'Neal trade.
    The Marion trade.
    The total misreading of Chris Bosh's intent to move on.
    The Kapono and TurkeyGlue FA signings.

Mild Positives
    Picking up Garbo and Anthony Parker out of Europe for nothing were good moves.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
      BC had a pretty decent draft record post Barney. The draft is a bit of crapshoot and all in all you'd have to say on balance BC did a decent job in picking talent when his turn came up. Think he went 3 and 2 and an OTL including Barney.

2006: Andrea Bargnani, 1st.... no need to comment.
      2007: No first-rounder
      2008: Roy Hibbert, 17th for Jermaine O'Neal and the Australian Shaq... Nathan Jawai... no need to comment.
      2009: DeMar DeRozan, 9th... With the brain cramp relieved BC picks a winner.
      2010: Ed Davis, 13th.... Tough to say the Ed wasn't a good pick at 13. He is still in the league. Two guys picked after him were Avery Bradley and Eric Bledsoe. We weren't loaded at guard at the time with Jose being the PG and a raft of forgetables behind him..Still 4 other teams passed on these guys too.
      2011: Jonas Valanciunas, 5th. Pretty solid looking pick eh ?
      2012: Terrence Ross, 8th. Forever going to live in the shadow of woulda coulda shoulda who plays down the at the end of 401 west. Before you scream.. remember... 5 other teams passed on Drummond before Detroit picked him.. whats worse is those team passed on him in lieu of Dion Waiters and Thomas Robinson.

Save for the Lowry for the 12th pick he was pretty poor at pro scouting and pro talent evaluation. The Lowry deal stands out as stellar and couple of ok FA signings but its still no where near enough to make up for the list below. .

Big Negatives

The Gay trade.
      The O'Neal trade.
      The Marion trade.
      The total misreading of Chris Bosh's intent to move on.
      The Kapono and TurkeyGlue FA signings.

Mild Positives
      Picking up Garbo and Anthony Parker out of Europe for nothing were good moves.
      Agree that BC was decent at the draft. He was just so awful at managing trades and free agency that it destroyed everything he tried to build.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Bc was ok at the draft. Davis was a sleeper coming off injury at UNC. Got no problem with that.
        Ross was way off board. Waiters was great 6th man at Syracuse and Robinson was the only jayhawk that looked like a man vs the stacked Kentucky team in the finals. Hard to predict the mental side and I'm sure Ross looks like a star in the gym. Funny the knock on Drummond was lethargy, not Ross. Plus we had jv.
        Bc has decent eye for talent and takes risks. I'm good with that.
        Indy told him to pick hibbert tho, right?

Comment

Could care less, he's garbage.

Comment

I honestly thought Robinson would be a beast. He had the skills to be a great rebounder who could score off easy dishes.

(In NBA 2K14, I ended up on the Blazers in My Career. I played SF, using pick & rolls/pick & pops along with post playmaking to make us a lethal team. Robinson & Aldridge were my front court mates to begin the year. Robinson ended up having a 14 & 11 year with 1.5 BPG, winning Most Improved player & making the All-defensive 2nd-team. We traded Aldridge for Boogie & won the championship in year 1 with a 16-1 playoff record, sweeping the Heat. I was Finals MVP, Season MVP & All-NBA 1st team, along with leading the league in 3 points made, Blocks & points. You know, the usual My Career stats. Note this was on Xbox 360.)
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

FWIW, I'm far more interested in the OKC end of this trade. They cleared cap space, and my opinion is that this is to set up another move, which makes me very curious.
              Blake Griffin is from Oklahoma.

That's all I'm gonna say lol

Comment

Agree that BC was decent at the draft. He was just so awful at managing trades and free agency that it destroyed everything he tried to build.
                With BC it was always: 1 step forward, 1.5 steps back. And a LOT of steps and quick fixes. It's like he always had to feel like he's making progress by doing something.... anything. Got to out-bid everyone for the "best" free agent on the market, even if that's Hedo and he's a piss-poor fit for Jose, Bosh, Bargs in the starting lineup on both sides of the ball. Call that off-season press conference and try to sell it to the fans as something important, like the Knicks always do.

If Leweike didn't get hired, all the media reports of that period point to BC re-signing Rudy Gay and building around him as the new face of the franchise. We'd be living through that hell right now.

Comment

I don't see Ilyasova as an upgrade over what the Raps have now at PF. I like the Patterson/Siakam/small ball options better. 2 out of those 3 can shoot the 3 and stretch the floor anyway, all of those options defend better than Ilyasova.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

BC was "decent" in some picks but awful in others. The DD pick was a no brainer since he was projected to be there and was considered BPA. The JV was a good pick but K.Thompson and K.Leonard were there as well so it wasn't the ultimate homerun pick. With Ross he chose the safe pick and got exactly that a decent rotation player, instead of homerun Drummond.

So lets not pretend BC was great at the draft in Toronto. He was better in Pheonix when he selected Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      BC was "decent" in some picks but awful in others. The DD pick was a no brainer since he was projected to be there and was considered BPA. The JV was a good pick but K.Thompson and K.Leonard were there as well so it wasn't the ultimate homerun pick. With Ross he chose the safe pick and got exactly that a decent rotation player, instead of homerun Drummond.

So lets not pretend BC was great at the draft in Toronto. He was better in Pheonix when he selected Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire.
                      It's easy in hindsight. Looking back on a draft it's really, really easy to criticize. But with the JV pick, Thompson and Leonard weren't projected as top 5 picks, no one saw Kawhi coming. That was a good pick.

With Ross, Colangelo had JV coming over and taking the minutes at Center, so he picked for a different position and Ross had a gym rat reputation coming into the draft.
                      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        With BC it was always: 1 step forward, 1.5 steps back. And a LOT of steps and quick fixes. It's like he always had to feel like he's making progress by doing something.... anything. Got to out-bid everyone for the "best" free agent on the market, even if that's Hedo and he's a piss-poor fit for Jose, Bosh, Bargs in the starting lineup on both sides of the ball. Call that off-season press conference and try to sell it to the fans as something important, like the Knicks always do.

If Leweike didn't get hired, all the media reports of that period point to BC re-signing Rudy Gay and building around him as the new face of the franchise. We'd be living through that hell right now.
                        And Bargnani would still be our starting PF.

Comment

Working...
                        X