Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do we pass the mantle of Best all time Raptor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do we pass the mantle of Best all time Raptor ?

DeRozan has a lot of " team first " under his reseme and now he is accumulating player first ... When does best all time Raptor get awarded to DeRozan

I think if we make the ECF again, he's an all star again and he makes all NBA for the first time he is the best raptor of all time. All of which I think are possible for him especially the way he's playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

guyroch wrote: View Post
      DeRozan has a lot of " team first " under his reseme and now he is accumulating player first ... When does best all time Raptor get awarded to DeRozan
      If we get to the ECF and Derozan plays well. Carter is still too great imo.

Comment

Woah... I think people are getting a bit too excited about DD's last 4 games. He's been great. But there is a pretty huge gap between Vince/Lowry/Bosh and DD. DD needs a lot more time and a lot more of what we've been seeing lately before it comes close to being considered best Raptor ever.

DD's played in a lot of games, but so has Mo Pete.. I like Mo Pete, but no way is he near to the top 3 either.

Playoff performance also matters.. DD had 2-3 good games last year, but had a lot more where he was really, really, really bad.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Woah... I think people are getting a bit too excited about DD's last 4 games. He's been great. But there is a pretty huge gap between Vince/Lowry/Bosh and DD. DD needs a lot more time and a lot more of what we've been seeing lately before it comes close to being considered best Raptor ever.

DD's played in a lot of games, but so has Mo Pete.. I like Mo Pete, but no way is he near to the top 3 either.

Playoff performance also matters.. DD had 2-3 good games last year, but had a lot more where he was really, really, really bad.
          Come on, DeRozan's Raptors career is far closer to a Vince comparison than a Mo Pete comparison. That's an insult.

We'll still end up arguing about style of play and the specifics, but if you just rack up the individual + team accomplishments while wearing a Raptors jersey, you could argue for best Raptor of all time already. It's usually a combination of individual talent + team success + longevity wearing the jersey. Not hard to say DeRozan has a better balance of those three components than any other Raptor.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I argue DD over Lowry as a raptor. His whole career has been here, he's changed the culture, and most importantly he's won a lot. Lowry is no doubt the better player, but in terms of all time raptors Demar is ahead of him.

Comment

DeMar needs an All-NBA team selection to get in the mix. Right now he's on the outside looking in. Bosh is not far ahead of him.

Comment

Another year or 2 of allstar appearances and deep playoff runs will cement DeRozan as the all-time greatest.

But Vince was, far and away, the greatest natural talent that will likely never be surpassed.

Comment

Best career as a raptor? Already there imo. Vince and Lowry much higher peaks tho
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

In terms of best player, DeRozan will never equal prime Vinsanity, nor - arguably - Bosh.

In terms of best Raptor, which is far more subjective, I think it would be fair to argue that DeRozan has already achieved that.

When you consider talent, success (individual & team), representing the team/franchise, longevity, etc... it's tough to argue for anybody else. Vince and Bosh were more talented, Mo-P embodied the young franchise's blue-collar work ethic and had the longevity, but none have checked all the boxes the way DeRozan has.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Come on, DeRozan's Raptors career is far closer to a Vince comparison than a Mo Pete comparison. That's an insult.

We'll still end up arguing about style of play and the specifics, but if you just rack up the individual + team accomplishments while wearing a Raptors jersey, you could argue for best Raptor of all time already. It's usually a combination of individual talent + team success + longevity wearing the jersey. Not hard to say DeRozan has a better balance of those three components than any other Raptor.
                      Wasn't comparing him to Mo Pete directly.. or that wasn't my intention. Just saying that playing a lot of games does not necessarily mean much. Being on a team with Lowry is the main reason why he's been successful at least in my opinion. Not taking anything away from him, just think there is a lot more he needs to do before he gets that nod from me.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                        I argue DD over Lowry as a raptor. His whole career has been here, he's changed the culture, and most importantly he's won a lot. Lowry is no doubt the better player, but in terms of all time raptors Demar is ahead of him.

Lieweke, Masai and Lowry changed the culture, not DeMar.

Comment

Lieweke, Masai and Lowry changed the culture, not DeMar.
                          If we're going to get technical, Lowry was here during the Colangelo era too, and was sulking after getting benched in favour of Calderon.

The culture started to change when Lieweke hired Masai.

Comment

Best career as a Raptor? i say yes. Best ever? i say he's top 3. 1.) VC 2.) Lowry 3.) DeRozan.

Can he pass VC as the best ever? it's possible. He needs to do something in the playoffs, like a legendary performance like Vince did back in 2001.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

If it's premature to consider DD one of the best, then it should be equally premature to lump Lowry in there with Bosh and Vince. Lowry has been a Raptor for 4 seasons.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Working...
                              X