Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
    The video isn't playing.

    He is starting for the suns now and averaging about 20 mins a game but his stats are pretty atrocious.

    7 ppg 3.3 rpg 0.5 bpg 0.5 spg on .427/.310/.596

    He is also averaging almost 3 fouls per game in just under 20 mins.

    If you look at any efficiency or adv stat he is ranked in last 10 among power forwards. It's only been 34 games so I'm not saying he is a bust but their is little evidence to suggest that he will become a star and so far to me he has looked like a derrick williams or tyrus thomas, an athletic 4 that can jump out of the building but doesn't do much else.
    Go watch more footage of him before you say he can't do anything else but jump, it really seems like you haven't. The keyword is "potential", he's got a far ways to go but he's just a baby and as a late bloomer just learning to start to ball. Again he's 19 and will be until the end of this season, you're beyond jumping the gun with assumptions of what he supposedly is and will be and you need to watch more of him to see he's not just a dunker. In time he will learn more and understand the game better. I'm not going to keep going on about him because too bad so sad, we missed out but we'll see in a few years...

    Comment


    • I still can't get over how Jawun Evans continues to fly under the radar....this kid is going to prove to be right there with the top PGs in this draft and I know we're PG loaded but no one has the skill to be a heir to Kyle and I think this kid does. To me this kid screams the kind of SAS steal of a pick that we better friggin jump on with one of our picks.

      The kid just has such an incredible feel for the game, I think drafting him is a must.




      Comment


      • JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        I still can't get over how Jawun Evans continues to fly under the radar....this kid is going to prove to be right there with the top PGs in this draft and I know we're PG loaded but no one has the skill to be a heir to Kyle and I think this kid does. To me this kid screams the kind of SAS steal of a pick that we better friggin jump on with one of our picks.

        The kid just has such an incredible feel for the game, I think drafting him is a must.
        Projected 29th on DraftExpress.... which is crazy because his stats are absurd.

        Comment


        • tDotted wrote: View Post
          Projected 29th on DraftExpress.... which is crazy because his stats are absurd.
          Yup.

          I'm just mind blown and I get that the new craze is a PG/SG hybrid ala Westbrook and arguably now Harden so kids like Fultz and Monk are getting a lot of attention (which they deserve). But it seems so many people are so hung up on having some "extra" like Ball being a tall PG (my favorite player in the draft) and DS Jr insane hops but I truly believe that Evans has a similar trajectory or at least potential to DS Jr minus the hops.

          People are so in love with athleticism and freakish measurements they miss out on pure ball players (ie/ as they slept on Steph who is not a like talent comparison) but to me it's like they're all missing how this kid much like a Chris Paul is no insane athlete but he just is a great basketball mind and knows how to play the game. Where DS Jr has a landslide edge in athleticism, I think Evans has the slightest of edges in bball IQ and knowing how to use his team. When I look at these two it reminds me of a Lowry with hops in DS Jr and Evans in a slightly poorman's CP3. He's probably the biggest reason that I want us to at least hold on to one pick if we do make some type of trade because Kyle is 31 now and realistically in 3 or so years he will slow down and it would be almost perfect timing for a kid like Evans to step in and continue keeping this team successful and I think he could run the bench unit in a similar fashion to what Kyle does the starting unit unlike Corey. Masai has seemingly valued PERs and smart players so I'm praying this kid is top of his list, someone is getting a huge steal in this kid, hope it's us.

          Comment


          • Would also like to throw out Terry Larrier as a potential pick....he's a 6'9 SF, still learning the game but I like his potential more than guys like Blossomgame and Adel that look more like pure role players.



            I'd love though to grab him in the 2nd rd, although I would favor Justin Patton who might rise soon I think.

            Comment


            • La clippers loss counter 2017

              Masai has robbed the MILWAUKEE BUCKS for the Clippers' 2017 1st Round pick

              The pick is lottery protected. So, the pick is the Raptors, unless LAC falls out of playoff contention. We need LAC to qualify for the playoffs, but at best case scenario for the Raps the Clippers must be the 14th to 16th best overall in the NBA to allow that pick to be at most a 17th-18th overall pick steal.

              Loss counter ranges of satisfaction:

              1 - 10: well...we get a pick, let's Spurs it up (30th)
              11 - 20: a little better, Masai's good with late picks (28th - 29th)
              21 - 30: not bad, late round strong sleepers (25th-27th)
              31 - 35: better, lets grab some good ones (20th - 24th)
              36 - 40: EVEN BETTER, cutting it close, get the ripe ones (16th-19th)

              LOSS COUNTER: 14 as of 01/02/2017

              Comment


              • Not as fun as the Knicks one of last season, but still nice to revel in the losses of others.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

                Comment


                • We're shipping this pick off in the upcoming Millsap trade deal, that is 100% going to happen

                  Comment


                  • JamesNaismith sold me on Evans. I hope we draft him to replace Lowry eventually.

                    Also, slamdunk23, stats don't mean much in a rookie year for a raw 19-year-old. Chriss has shown a ton of flashes already, if he wasn't fouling so much he'd be on more radars. I wish the Suns would go all-in on Bender so we could steal Chriss, but it'll never happen.
                    It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                    Comment


                    • Tankathon's website (which apparently takes team needs into consideration) has the Raptors selecting Jawun Evans (PG) and Josh Hart (SG).

                      DraftExpress, which doesn't take team needs into consideration, has the Raptors selecting Josh Hart and Alec Peters (PF)

                      Obviously rather early as the tournament and individual workouts can really impact a player's perceived value to a team.

                      Comment


                      • Yeah about the only way I would be cool on missing Jawun Evans is if we packaged our picks together (all 3 if needed) to get OG Anunoby because really whether it's LeBron or Giannis in the future (the painful irony of how desperately Masai wanted to trade in to be able to draft him)....we need some sort of answer, we better at least take that shot.

                        ...that's also why short of trading for Paul George, I wouldn't not include our picks in a trade. They could be a lot more valuable than a lot of our fans may even realize.

                        Comment


                        • Creighton, is a top 10 team this year. Partially because of redshirt freshman Justin Patton. 7 ft tall, mobile enough to play the 4, and can shoot out to the College 3. Is this guy on anyone's radar?

                          Comment


                          • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            Creighton, is a top 10 team this year. Partially because of redshirt freshman Justin Patton. 7 ft tall, mobile enough to play the 4, and can shoot out to the College 3. Is this guy on anyone's radar?

                            Yeah mentioned him a couple pages back actually with the same vid and another lol but yeah I really like his potential. Not that he would get the PT but he really does look like his style of play would be a great fit for us at C.

                            Comment


                            • blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Creighton, is a top 10 team this year. Partially because of redshirt freshman Justin Patton. 7 ft tall, mobile enough to play the 4, and can shoot out to the College 3. Is this guy on anyone's radar?

                              He reminds me of Bebe

                              Comment


                              • tDotted wrote: View Post
                                He reminds me of Bebe
                                It can see where you see some similarities but the kid has shown more fluidity and ballhandling than I've seen from Bebe. Should be able to see that in one of the vids.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X