Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Evans might move up, one tier out of our range. Seems like a good player might slide down one tier out of our range like rabb.
      Anyone watched anigbogu?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
        Syracuse is getting rocked by Boston College. Yup.
        Boston college just beat NC State. Interesting stuff.

Comment

• Just like to point out that Evans isn't Top 25 on most draft boards so he remains the best kept secret.... something Rap fans will probably love about him besides being a true PG is that last year he shot almost 48% from 3pt and this year is shooting an insane 52% from 3pt so far...

Comment

• Caleb "Biggie" Swanigan -- leads the NCAA in double doubles and is one of 2 players to get 3 20-20 games in NCAA history. He was in the draft last year, but didn't get an agent and headed back to school. Right now he's mid second round, but he tested okay at last year's combine and his scoring average has doubled from his freshman year. My only concern is lateral quickness, Purdue clogs their paint, so he plays down with the Center. But, he can shoot out to the College three, dives for balls, can block shots and is an exceptional rebounder. Currently averaging around 20-10.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              Caleb "Biggie" Swanigan -- leads the NCAA in double doubles and is one of 2 players to get 3 20-20 games in NCAA history. He was in the draft last year, but didn't get an agent and headed back to school. Right now he's mid second round, but he tested okay at last year's combine and his scoring average has doubled from his freshman year. My only concern is lateral quickness, Purdue clogs their paint, so he plays down with the Center. But, he can shoot out to the College three, dives for balls, can block shots and is an exceptional rebounder. Currently averaging around 20-10.

Funny you should mention his lateral quickness because personally I think he looks fairly mobile for a 7ft C, not saying it to knock JV but I would say he is noticably quicker than Val and possibly same speed as Bebe. The good thing would be unlike Bebe he can rebound well and has a lot more offensive skills.

My only worry would be that we wouldn't look at him since we just drafted Poeltl...hate to say it but I think Swanigan could be better than Yak, at least as a fit for our team.

I would look to package our 2nd with Yak to see if we could get something although I know that wouldn't be a popular opinion on this board.

Comment

• Peter Jok is another intriguing player....helluva shooter and has good ballhandling skills that he shouldn't have a problem bringing the ball up court and seems to be a fairly good passer if we wanted to consider him kind of a back up PG although he is currently played as a SG.

Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Jan 16, 2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Funny you should mention his lateral quickness because personally I think he looks fairly mobile for a 7ft C, not saying it to knock JV but I would say he is noticably quicker than Val and possibly same speed as Bebe. The good thing would be unlike Bebe he can rebound well and has a lot more offensive skills.

My only worry would be that we wouldn't look at him since we just drafted Poeltl...hate to say it but I think Swanigan could be better than Yak, at least as a fit for our team.

I would look to package our 2nd with Yak to see if we could get something although I know that wouldn't be a popular opinion on this board.
                  maybe that's because he's 6'9" ? come on now.

Comment

• Yooooo Clippers' Chris Paul won't play for at least 6 weeks! Torn thumb ligament

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Yooooo Clippers' Chris Paul won't play for at least 6 weeks! Torn thumb ligament
                      Wow--sorry for Chris Paul but likely good for Raps pick.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        Wow--sorry for Chris Paul but likely good for Raps pick.
                        Tough break for the clips... they could slide to 7th in the west ... still the pick thats coming to us would be anywhere between 19 and 23...
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                          Tough break ! for the clips... they could slide to 7th in the west ... still the pick thats coming to us would be anywhere between 19 and 23...
                          I will take it!! keep collecting them assets!

Comment

• Wonderful news!!! OG, Giles or Bridges becoming more n more a reality n we don't need to trade up

Comment

• Masai you beautiful genius.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                Masai you beautiful genius.
                                To think Vasquez might net Powell and one of Giles, Anunoby or Bridges lol insane how this might all pan out...

Comment

Working...
                                X