Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
    After watching some youtube vids he reminds me a bit of Aminu in Portland. Big long athlete who can defend many positions, and is between MKG and Leonard offensively. He and Norm on defense would look absurd.
    With Bruno (capable version of) at pf.
    Og ruined murray in the tourney last yr. Big reason they advanced. Bryant is very good too but doesn't fit raps currently imo.
    Gave you a shout out in my rant above if you care to stomach the length.

Comment

I'm on the OG bandwagon, but don't expect him to b available when the Raptors are selecting (unless they trade up). I like his versatility and think he could be the SF/PF to add a new look. I also l this quote:

“Kawhi Leonard. He’s probably my favorite in the world right now. I mean, I like LeBron,” the 19-year-old explains, “but the player I try to be like is Kawhi.”

Through two exhibition games he has 41 point on 16-of-21 shooting, and added 10 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 assists. He also hit seven 3 pointers, which is a great sign for Hi continue development as a shooter.

The Indy Star just had a great feature on him that is worth reading: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...neup/93233018/
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
        I'm on the OG bandwagon, but don't expect him to b available when the Raptors are selecting (unless they trade up). I like his versatility and think he could be the SF/PF to add a new look. I also l this quote:

“Kawhi Leonard. He’s probably my favorite in the world right now. I mean, I like LeBron,” the 19-year-old explains, “but the player I try to be like is Kawhi.”

Through two exhibition games he has 41 point on 16-of-21 shooting, and added 10 rebounds, 3 steals and 3 assists. He also hit seven 3 pointers, which is a great sign for Hi continue development as a shooter.

The Indy Star just had a great feature on him that is worth reading: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...neup/93233018/
        I didn't know he'd improved so much. I take back the mkg reference

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post

Damn...I wasn't expecting to hear that much improvement so soon. Thought he might start putting it together around the tourney because he wasn't putting up noticable numbers in his first year but this is a very early sign that he may be coming out aggressive in which case yeah he probably will be taken before we get the chance smdh really wanted him here.

But putting up good numbers with his frame and potential and talk of being like Leonard will put him in the lottery even in this mega draft. The only upside is every time one player shines another can slip through the cracks. The player I'm scared of taking is Blossomgame, not that I think he's bad but he just projects as a career role player but his personality and play seem to fall in line with what our franchise has been valuing. Again I'll be hoping we get Pope (who reminds me a bit of Giles), Jeanne or some player with big upside (that unlike Bruno is showing signs of reaching that).

Comment

Another great piece on OG Anunoby, this time from Jonathan Tjarks at The Ringer. "Indiana's OG Anunoby Could be the Next Kawhi Leonard"

My favourite part of the article may be the interview answers that OG gave:

What did you try to add to your game this summer?

Worked on everything. I want no weaknesses in my game.

What are your goals for the upcoming season?

Win a Big Ten championship. Win a national championship.

Are there any positions you prefer to guard? Do faster players or bigger players give you more trouble?

I don’t care. It doesn’t matter to me.

How much do you pay attention to the NBA draft and all the people talking about your game coming into the season?

I don’t pay attention to any of that. I know it’s not important.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I can't see the Raptors using their 2 first round picks next year. We have too many young players on this team already.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Raptors also have their second rounder this year. So that's potentially 3 picks. Although the 2nd rounder may end up becoming a Euro stash.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  I can't see the Raptors using their 2 first round picks next year. We have too many young players on this team already.
                  I can. It's a super deep draft and I see Masai trying to package together guys *ahem* Ross, Wright etc to get some type of "upgrade" to try and push further but as MU says so often "without compromising the future". I do think there is a slight chance one 1st rd pick may be included if the right deal presents itself but I really feel like neither will be moved unless it's for a borderline all-star and above and that kinda package would probably have JV at the forefront of that. Rookie contracts are gold, Kyle has a big fat extension that will eat up the cap and this is a draft we do not wanna miss on at least playing our hand once....this is THE year to have picks.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    I can. It's a super deep draft and I see Masai trying to package together guys *ahem* Ross, Wright etc to get some type of "upgrade" to try and push further but as MU says so often "without compromising the future". I do think there is a slight chance one 1st rd pick may be included if the right deal presents itself but I really feel like neither will be moved unless it's for a borderline all-star and above and that kinda package would probably have JV at the forefront of that. Rookie contracts are gold, Kyle has a big fat extension that will eat up the cap and this is a draft we do not wanna miss on at least playing our hand once....this is THE year to have picks.
                    In this Draft we draft a PF and SF

This way we can move Carroll and make room for PG

I also think we trade Cojo when Wright gets healthy or maybe after playoffs
                    And I hate to say this because I love Cojo he's amazing

Dream
                    In 2018 we sign Paul George, And trade Lowry + Jonas + Pascal + 2 first for Anothny Davis, Hope Delon develops into a Jason Kidd Lite (12/8/5/2) with great D and decent Shot
                    Wright - Vet - VanVan
                    DeRozan - Powell
                    George - Ross
                    Davis - Vet - 2nd rounder
                    Jakob - Defensive Center - Vet
                    Last edited by Abbas; Fri Nov 11, 2016, 02:46 AM.
                    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                      In this Draft we draft a PF and SF

This way we can move Carroll and make room for PG

I also think we trade Cojo when Wright gets healthy or maybe after playoffs
                      And I hate to say this because I love Cojo he's amazing

Dream
                      In 2018 we sign Paul George, And trade Lowry + Jonas + Pascal + 2 first for Anothny Davis, Hope Delon develops into a Jason Kidd Lite (12/8/5/2) with great D and decent Shot
                      Wright - Vet - VanVan
                      DeRozan - Powell
                      George - Ross
                      Davis - Vet - 2nd rounder
                      Jakob - Defensive Center - Vet
                      So... moving Carroll makes room for Paul George? You sure about that? We're going to be capped for the foreseeable future, even if we dump Carroll for nothing.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                        So... moving Carroll makes room for Paul George? You sure about that? We're going to be capped for the foreseeable future, even if we dump Carroll for nothing.
                        DanH you should know better than that. Just pat him on the head and keep scrolling.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          With Patterson and Sullinger coming off the books, and team options on Powell and VanVleet, it's possible Masai keeps/uses the picks.

I mean, going into last draft we thought Masai would deal too.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            With Patterson and Sullinger coming off the books, and team options on Powell and VanVleet, it's possible Masai keeps/uses the picks.

I mean, going into last draft we thought Masai would deal too.
                            yes, and whats the proposed revision in the new cba? 17 nba roster spots and 4 dleague spots? we are carrying 7 of 15 young guys and one of them is bruno. like to see 9-10 "vet" guys next yr personally if we are competing for the finals. that still allows 7-8 young guys if i am correct about the cba and that is ratified.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Raptors also have their second rounder this year. So that's potentially 3 picks. Although the 2nd rounder may end up becoming a Euro stash.
                              or Powell-Gold????

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                                or Powell-Gold????
                                LOL.. true, but the second rounder will probably be in the late 50's.. Raptors had the 4th best record in the league last year.. could have the same this year. I personally don't have much faith that the 55th-56th pick in the draft will be all that great.

Comment

Working...
                                X