• Show
Clear All

• saints91
    replied
    would you do this trade... on either side

Boston out:

-Olynyk

-the pick they received from Phili (lakers 2018 or sac 2019),

- the worst of 2019 LA clippers pick, 2019 Memphis' pick or 2019 celtics pick

New York out:

KP
    And #8

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    And Ferguson? Worth the gamble?
    I like him and his shooting, I just don't like the fit unless we plan to move Powell. I want to get bigger/longer on the perimeter, not forced into continuing to play shooting guards at the 3.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Ya, something seems like it's missing there. I like that we have the ability to actually develope these types of players though.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    Way too many Ross vibes for my liking. Except without the upside to be a lotto pick in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    Anybody have in depth info on Hartenstein, Kuzma and DJ Wilson?

DraftExpress has Kuzma ranked right behind Jordan Bell, DJ Wilson is a lengthy PF outta michigan and Hartenstein looks like a tall angry german...
    Wilson is a soft stretch 4 tweener like Tobias Harris, not a perfect player but i think getting him at our pick could be a good draft.

Kuzma seems a total project.

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    When you have to no arguement. Very mature.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    lol clearly we are bored out of our minds, waiting for any news related to Raptors

don't take it personal xD

Leave a comment:

• Triplethreat89
    replied
    danh wrote: View Post
    say it with me now. Trade. Down. To. Shed. Salary.
    trade. Down. To. Shed. Salary.

Awww lawdddd ha'mercyyy

Leave a comment:

• Mess
    replied
    That's a first. A sample size being too large to be trusted lol

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Wait, are you criticizing his 40%+ 3 point shooting? That's about as good as it gets. More volume is good, not bad. It means the sample is more reliable.
    We'll see what happens. He isn't going to get 5 open looks per game in the NBA, opposed to being on the SMU Mustangs where he can chuck up as many as he wants. The sample size becomes exaggerrated and unbelievable in a pro environment.
    Last edited by c-troop; Thu Jun 22, 2017, 03:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Thoughts on Ferguson? Closer to Ross or DeAndre Daniels?

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Remember that one of the knocks on Powell in the draft was his outside shot - I think that the Raptors organization feels that their coaches have the ability to work with players to improve their shot, so long as the player is willing to put the time and effort in the gym. Therefore, I'm not sure you can use college shooting % necessarily as a pick/not pick criteria for the Raptors. I think they'll look at drive/motivation and adaptability as a bigger factor than whether someone 30% or 40% from behind the arc.
    That's a fair assertion. But don't go saying 'such and such' player is a knock down shooter, then go back and say, you know what... maybe he'll develop into one. Also, height doesn't shrink. You can't stretch Semi's arms a couple extra inches and he is a mature player that is very finished growing.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Remember that one of the knocks on Powell in the draft was his outside shot - I think that the Raptors organization feels that their coaches have the ability to work with players to improve their shot, so long as the player is willing to put the time and effort in the gym. Therefore, I'm not sure you can use college shooting % necessarily as a pick/not pick criteria for the Raptors. I think they'll look at drive/motivation and adaptability as a bigger factor than whether someone 30% or 40% from behind the arc.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    c-troop wrote: View Post
    cry yourself a river "knock down shooter"

2.1 made 4.9 attempt 42.4% beyond the arc

- Source: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Semi-Ojeleye-7164/ ©DraftExpress

He plays in the AAC, that is a known weak division, saying i'm making shit up.
    Wait, are you criticizing his 40%+ 3 point shooting? That's about as good as it gets. More volume is good, not bad. It means the sample is more reliable.

Leave a comment:

• c-troop
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Yes, I've read profile before. For some who is trash why is he ranked in first round? No, player is perfect in the 20's fit matters for these players. Raps would be a great fit for him

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    You're right bro, he isn't "trash" so to speak. I am being critical because I don't think he is the piece we need. There is lots of hype surrounding him also because of his large stature and not many ppl of his size can shoot the ball. period. Mock drafts typically don't mean a thing. We'll see in a couple hours where he lands.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X