2. Fultz
    3. Tatum
    4. Monk
    5. Jackson
    I wouldn't take monk top 5 I'd take fox over him

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Monk is going to be real good. I get the same feeling with this guy like i had with Booker a couple of years ago. He's special.

Fox is #6 on my ranking.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        My top 5 players in this draft:

1. Ball
        2. Fultz
        3. Tatum
        4. Monk
        5. Jackson
        Hm glad I'm so high up on this list

Comment

• Sup LaVar?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• One thought I had while wandering off topic in the defense thread ...

Depending on what Manu and Tony Parker decide with regards to playing next year, wonder if they'd entertain a reunion with CoJo for their first round pick, depending on how draft day pans out.

Looking at the Tankathon mock, once you get to the end of the first/start of the second round, seems that most of the picks are forwards, and they could have a need at guard (who just happens to know a good chunk of the play book, has played under Pop etc)

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
              I would.

Fox definitely looks impressive himself and somewhat of Wall-lite or something. It also might be very much dependent on whichever team draws a higher pick (personally I like Jackson over both and maybe even Tatum as well if he can be taught to be a better passer) and I'm not a fan of drafting by fit BUT these guys could be some what close talent wise BUT Monk's unique athleticism, speed/agility and shooting touch are just a deadly combination. I think Monk will be a big time scorer in today's league that will stand out that much more than Fox.

I mean SAC or ORL goes ahead of PHI, NYK I can totally see them going with Fox because they will likely factor in their new acquisitions they traded for in Hield and Ross. If PHI or NYK end up higher I say Monk will goes first. But my actual big board I would take Monk because I think he's going to have a greater impact. I know it's not the best comparison, but it's something like having Klay Thompson's shooting with Westbrook or Rose like athleticism....that's deadly when he can run to get wide open shots that much quicker and with similar level of accuracy on better looks due the space he creates with quicker and longer strides.

I think NYK will still be hung up on not getting Curry (not the same player but has incredible shooting) and he's a perfect fit next to Simmons in PHI. I think both players will really be able to help whatever franchise they join, I just think that Monk is more special scorer than Fox is a PG. If Monk gets to play next to Simmons, that's going to be an incredible combination...especially (big) IF Embiid can remain somewhat healthy.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                One thought I had while wandering off topic in the defense thread ...

Depending on what Manu and Tony Parker decide with regards to playing next year, wonder if they'd entertain a reunion with CoJo for their first round pick, depending on how draft day pans out.

Looking at the Tankathon mock, once you get to the end of the first/start of the second round, seems that most of the picks are forwards, and they could have a need at guard (who just happens to know a good chunk of the play book, has played under Pop etc)
                Personally I doubt it. I think Pops and Bufford will be on the hunt to find the next "Parker or Manu" in the draft....as in late draft pick "steals" that Pops molds into all-stars under his unbelievable coaching and development especially in a draft considered as a deep as this. I would say Jawun Evans is about as prime of a target as the Spurs can hope for as a "Parker replacement".

Now of course, I'll be praying that a trade proposal like that would happen so we kill 2 birds with one stone by shedding Joseph's salary to help retain Tucker, Ibaka and Lowry AND drafting a player that I think could become our heir to Lowry. BUT I'm hard pressed to see SAS adding his salary and not recognizing high level talent available late in the draft when they're absolute masters at that.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                  Personally I doubt it. I think Pops and Bufford will be on the hunt to find the next "Parker or Manu" in the draft....as in late draft pick "steals" that Pops molds into all-stars under his unbelievable coaching and development especially in a draft considered as a deep as this. I would say Jawun Evans is about as prime of a target as the Spurs can hope for as a "Parker replacement"

One of the caveats in my post was 'depending on how draft day pans out' - both Tankathon and Draftexpress both have Evans off the board before the Spurs pick. Most of the selections after their pick, and through the projected first half of the second round are front-line players. As you said, the Spurs are excellent at player evaluation and development - but it is possible at some level that they could value a point guard that could step into their system over their pick. Again - no basis for my above thought, just something that crossed my mind on a Sunday night

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Future Raptor Semi Ojeleye. Lead NCAA in pick and pop 3s. 4TH in ISO scoring. Able to switch out and guard the perimeter. Perfect fit and bye bye 2Pat.

Personally I like Ojeleye and would definitely take him over Blossomgame BUT...

But I'd be pretty torn on drafting him or not...because it all depends on how much PT is he going to see for me.

The reality is Casey doesn't really play rookies much until end of season (and not big minutes) unless there is an injury of some sort. As it stands now, Ojeleye would be behind Tucker, Carroll, Ibaka and likely Siakam. I know same would likely be the case for Evans behind CoJo, Wright and possibly FVV but I really believe Corey will be traded to free up cap space to re-sign Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker.

So I can easily see Evans leap frogging FVV in the rotation because he's simply a bigger, more talented player. So he may actually log more minutes even initially and also long term he could be the heir to Lowry when in a couple of years or so he starts slowing/breaking down. None of our current PGs will be able to fulfill that hole...not to mention I think there's a good chance we could buy a 2nd rd pick and still draft one of Ojeleye or Blossomgame. But who knows?! That's just my personal feeling but our management has taken your approach lately of drafting by need so they could go with Ojeleye if more so OG isn't available when we draft.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

One of the caveats in my post was 'depending on how draft day pans out' - both Tankathon and Draftexpress both have Evans off the board before the Spurs pick. Most of the selections after their pick, and through the projected first half of the second round are front-line players. As you said, the Spurs are excellent at player evaluation and development - but it is possible at some level that they could value a point guard that could step into their system over their pick. Again - no basis for my above thought, just something that crossed my mind on a Sunday night
                      Oh I will 100% be routing for your scenario to pan out lol

I just really have trouble picturing such an incredible drafting franchise that found the likes of Kawhi, Parker and Manu late in drafts to trade away a pick in a draft that's fairly rich with potential and who better to mold that potential than Pops?!?

But yeah if Evans is off the board I'd give it a chance, if he isn't then I say no chance lol but there's just a number of players that could fall that if Pops got a chance to mold them would be much more beneficial than bringing Corey back to play as 3rd string in their rotation.

If anything I think I could see us possibly trading Corey with our buddies in ORL or PHI who both have multiple second rounders that need some "veteran" voices to help run the team and also when 2nd rd picks have better salary implications for us...just sayin.

Comment

• Monk seems like a 6th man imo. He's a lightning in a bottle scorer but what else does he do? Defend, pass, Reb?
                        He's a lottery pick but not top 5 imo, unless it's a fit pick like Philly.
                        I'm really impressed with fox. Great first step and length to finish and great defender. If he gets more experience running a team and reps on his jumper, he could be a quality two way starter.
                        I will say tho that there are solid replacement pgs like yogi Farrell but hard to find a great shooter like monk.

Comment

• Am I missing all the deadeye shooters in this draft?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                            Am I missing all the deadeye shooters in this draft?
                            I'm not sure I would label anyone quite "deadeye"....but Kennard, Monk and Ferguson can really shoot the lights out on some nights and are considered very good shooters. Justin Jackson and Dwayne Bacon are fairly good shooters as well. Markannen and Peters are also great shooters although I personally think Alec Peters is too slow for the NBA.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Am I missing all the deadeye shooters in this draft?
                              What do you mean?

In addition to the names already mentioned, leaf and mason shot around mid-40s from 3.

Comment

• Swanigan is also a pretty good shooter. 54% from the field, 44% from 3 (33 made out of 85 attempts).
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X