No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit is dangling the 12th pick for a vet. Wonder if we have anything they would accept.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
      Detroit is dangling the 12th pick for a vet. Wonder if we have anything they would accept.
      Demarre Carroll lol

This is a deep draft, you ain't getting anything for cheap.

Cojo and the 23rd pick.... take it or leave it!!
      Last edited by Hotshot; Tue May 30, 2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Rotoworld mentions that the Pistons are looking for backcourt help. In looking at tankathon, there's a run of front-court players in the 10 to 20 spots in the draft, which might explain the news item.

Pistons could also pair the pick to move UP in the draft to get their player as well.

Might be a case of a draft deal that isn't revealed until after the draft (ie the Pistons see if anyone they want falls in the draft, if not, trade back for a pick and/or other assets).

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          Add Dozier to my list of likes. dudes an athletic freak. while his shot is lols he's shown signs of improving it and has capabilities to be a lockdown defender. i mean like, legit lockdown.

trying to get inside MU's mind as to who he's going to take is basically impossible. BUT i can almost guarantee you whoever he does take is gonna be either a great 3 point shooter or a great perimeter defender. or born in africa. he's talked about a "culture change" yet kept the coach for some reason and wants to keep his free agents. only way to go from here is to add guys who'll add grit or can improve the offense.
          Semi is all 3 of those things. That's why I have my money on him being the pick.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            Except that him and PJ are nothing alike outside of their physical strength and size at 6'5.

PJ is an elite defender, Ojeleye is not. I've been through this already lol but really their games are nothing alike. Semi is a much better offensive player, PJ is a much better defender.
            Semi is a good defender. SMU ran a tight 6-7 man rotation. He was thier leading scorer. They could never afford him getting into foul troblem.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Semi is all 3 of those things. That's why I have my money on him being the pick.

He's American.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                Demarre Carroll lol

This is a deep draft, you ain't getting anything for cheap.

Cojo and the 23rd pick.... take it or leave it!!
                I doubt SVG is looking for a vet to come off the bench...

He's most likely looking for one that can start and play at the SG position with KCP possibly leaving or the SF position. But who knows?! Draft day can get crazy and maybe but I just don't see them trading a lottery pick for a bench player.

Comment

Semi is a good defender. SMU ran a tight 6-7 man rotation. He was thier leading scorer. They could never afford him getting into foul troblem.

*sigh*

Can you put the homerism aside for one moment and admit that Semi has any faults?! The fact is he does have a smaller wingspan, he is 6'5 and no is not considered a good defender. The highest praise he's received as one is that he is "sound" for the most part he has been considered an average one which isn't actually much of a knock but to call him a good defender is inaccurate and overstated....he is not at the level of PJ and is a misrepresentation of his level of defence.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                    He's American.
                    Yes, but his parents are immigrants. He will playing for the Nigerian National team apparently.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

*sigh*

Can you put the homerism aside for one moment and admit that Semi has any faults?! The fact is he does have a smaller wingspan, he is 6'5 and no is not considered a good defender. The highest praise he's received as one is that he is "sound" for the most part he has been considered an average one which isn't actually much of a knock but to call him a good defender is inaccurate and overstated....he is not at the level of PJ and is a misrepresentation of his level of defence.
                      How many SMU games have you watched? Everything I'm saying is facts. SMU did run a 6-7 rotation and they really needed Semi to score and stay on the court. NBA players play in shoes so he's 6-7 and a 6-10 wingspan isn't bad at all. He finished top 5 in every agility test. The tools are there and his shown it. When he doesn't have to focus on carry an offense you'll see just how good of a defender he is. He was being asked to do a lot at SMU. He won't as a Raptors.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I doubt SVG is looking for a vet to come off the bench...

He's most likely looking for one that can start and play at the SG position with KCP possibly leaving or the SF position. But who knows?! Draft day can get crazy and maybe but I just don't see them trading a lottery pick for a bench player.
                        This is why i said its a deep draft, teams with high draft picks will be looking for big names and Cojo is probably not enough for a lottery pick but can probably fetch something lower in the first round if the Raptors find someone they really like and want to move up.

Boston is sitting pretty, whether they choose to trade some talent or draft picks or keep them they will improve drastically. Fuck Boston!

Comment

How many SMU games have you watched? Everything I'm saying is facts. SMU did run a 6-7 rotation and they really needed Semi to score and stay on the court. NBA players play in shoes so he's 6-7 and a 6-10 wingspan isn't bad at all. He finished top 5 in every agility test. The tools are there and his shown it. When he doesn't have to focus on carry an offense you'll see just how good of a defender he is. He was being asked to do a lot at SMU. He won't as a Raptors.

SMDH

Come on...you can't be this bias, can you?!

...and the "I've watched so many games vs you" is such a tired way of trying to "prove" you supposedly know more because when I tell you I have taken the time to watch a few of his games then you will just say some crap like you watched him all season blah blah blah and try to turn it into a pissing contest lol

The reality is if Semi was every bit as good as you say he would be a lottery pick (period) but magically I suppose for some reason people who scout players far more extensively than both you and I combined have him as a bubble 1st rd to 2nd rd pick despite apparently by your estimation having no flaws or chinks in his armor other than height. Give me a break. You also try to call him a good defender but say he didn't have to be one because he carried the scoring load...you can't have it both ways. He was either proved he was a good defender or he didn't and keep in mind the comparison I'm debating is that he isn't the caliber of PJ Tucker which is baffling how you can even dispute because NEVER in any game that I have watched of Semi have seen him play the kind of lockdown defence and level of intensity that PJ does.

Throwing out hypotheticals "if he weren't carrying the offence" hold no weight, that's merely a guess. The reality is, is he is NOT at PJ's level defensively, you can continue to live in a fairytale about that but I see at this point you're just letting your bias blind you to any sort of critique and it's too bad because it's souring my like for Semi. I still would love him in the 2nd rd but I hate that his abilities are being exaggerated, Lord knows that I wish you were right and we draft this incredible player you're describing. There is no player in our range without flaws, Semi included, hopefully you come to accept the reality of it, I'm leaving it at that.

Comment

• TBH, what Chr1sanL said about Semi could be said about smaller school players in general. The guys that are big time scorers try to stay on the floor as much as possible, thus not committing on defense in order to stay out of foul trouble. I've seen a few small school guys even admit this in interviews over the past few drafts.

BTW, happy to see that Swanigan did well in his workout for us. Tolzman seemed to be really high on the kid, and I feel if used right, he could be very effective for us. For example, Patterson isn't a great shot blocker, yet he is one of our best defenders. Bebe on the other hand could block shots all day & night, but sucks on D. Caleb also seems to have lost a bit more weight, but I feel that 235 to 250 will suit him best in the bigs with his size.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

SMDH

Come on...you can't be this bias, can you?!

...and the "I've watched so many games vs you" is such a tired way of trying to "prove" you supposedly know more because when I tell you I have taken the time to watch a few of his games then you will just say some crap like you watched him all season blah blah blah and try to turn it into a pissing contest lol

The reality is if Semi was every bit as good as you say he would be a lottery pick (period) but magically I suppose for some reason people who scout players far more extensively than both you and I combined have him as a bubble 1st rd to 2nd rd pick despite apparently by your estimation having no flaws or chinks in his armor other than height. Give me a break. You also try to call him a good defender but say he didn't have to be one because he carried the scoring load...you can't have it both ways. He was either proved he was a good defender or he didn't and keep in mind the comparison I'm debating is that he isn't the caliber of PJ Tucker which is baffling how you can even dispute because NEVER in any game that I have watched of Semi have seen him play the kind of lockdown defence and level of intensity that PJ does.

Throwing out hypotheticals "if he weren't carrying the offence" hold no weight, that's merely a guess. The reality is, is he is NOT at PJ's level defensively, you can continue to live in a fairytale about that but I see at this point you're just letting your bias blind you to any sort of critique and it's too bad because it's souring my like for Semi. I still would love him in the 2nd rd but I hate that his abilities are being exaggerated, Lord knows that I wish you were right and we draft this incredible player you're describing. There is no player in our range without flaws, Semi included, hopefully you come to accept the reality of it, I'm leaving it at that.
                              So why wasn't Draymond in the lottery? Or even Norm Powell?

Scouts miss stuff all the time. You make it seem like I'm saying he will be an All-star. My comp for him has been a more athletic Jae Crowder. Go compare their measurements they are identical but, Semi is just the superior athlete.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                So why wasn't Draymond in the lottery? Or even Norm Powell?

Scouts miss stuff all the time. You make it seem like I'm saying he will be an All-star. My comp for him has been a more athletic Jae Crowder. Go compare their measurements they are identical but, Semi is just the superior athlete.

Or Jimmy Butler.....

Isiah Thomas.....

The list goes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X