• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    any good Canadians in the draft?
    Just a page back...

octothorp wrote: View Post
    I mentioned him in the Canadian basketball thread, but I think Justin Jackson is a seriously interesting prospect. With Kawhi Leonard length and hand-size, solid defense, good ball-handling, excellent rebounding for a wing, the big question was whether he could develop a consistent 3-point shot. Early returns in that regard have been fantastic, with .472 now on 3.3 attempts per game. Maryland is one of the worst-shooting 3-point teams in the country (no other shooter on the team with more than 2 attempts is better than .320), so as by far the best on the team, he's probably going to be encouraged to shoot a lot more as the season goes on. Some fluctuation is likely, but if he can prove himself dependable in that regard, it could be enough to get him talked about as a first-rounder which might pursuade him to enter the draft this year. Maybe the chance to be drafted by his hometown Raptors convinces him to enter. Nationality aside, he fits the profile of an Ujiri pick perfectly with his length and versatility.

Comment

• Dillon Brooks.

Comment

• I'm not in draft mode yet bc I'm full on trade mode this yr but I hear college is amazing this yr so I feel I'm missing out. I like to go by eye in a full game situation but recently I read some interesting things.
        One is that if we do trade a PG this yr then the draft is so loaded with pgs that a good backup might fall to us. The guy I read about is jawun Evans.
        I also read about Nigel Hayes. He's been hanging around forever. I think in a low usage role he could be an effective backup.
        Sleeper off the radar 2nd pick I looked at is dedric Dawson. His body fat and vertical leap are suspect. He reclassified out of HS so he's a 19yr soph. Great #s vs a poor conference. Just looks like a baller with defense and modem NBA skills. Potentially 3-5 positions. Useful backup.
        Hartenstein might be the BWB upside guy this yr but I read he is a poor defender. Not so keen on that. Defense first imo.

Comment

• thanks Dallas (beat LA by 2)

Comment

• Maybe this kid with our 2nd rd...no ones talking about him but maybe he's a Powell lol

Kid looks like he would be an excellent fit at C from these highlights, admittingly I haven't seen a lot of him yet but looks like he could be intriguing to me...and as aside someone better draft Peter Jok before GSW does...
            Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Dec 26, 2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

• Clippers lost again (3rd in a row). Blake is out for awhile and Paul is banged up. They lost to three lottery teams in a row as well (two were at home). If Paul continues to be banged up watch the Clippers continue to slide down the rankings.

Now only 2 games up on OKC and Memphis. Next three are on the road, and they have to play OKC and Houston back to back.

Currently their pick is sitting at 25.

Having another teams pick is fun

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Clippers lost again (3rd in a row). Blake is out for awhile and Paul is banged up. They lost to three lottery teams in a row as well (two were at home). If Paul continues to be banged up watch the Clippers continue to slide down the rankings.

Now only 2 games up on OKC and Memphis. Next three are on the road, and they have to play OKC and Houston back to back.

Currently their pick is sitting at 25.

Having another teams pick is fun
                Nice, they're kinda taking chances (that I don't mind) if they play CP3.

We really need them to drop into the earlier 20s to have a shot at one of OG, Bridges or Hartenstein.

Comment

• Getting Miles Bridges is the dream to me. Carroll going into his last year next and Bruno being Bruno we need help at 3/4.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hartenstein is the only one of those 3 that might be available ATM. Not sold on him.

Comment

• Raptors need to look for a 3/4 type of player in this draft. Carroll isn't good and Norm/Ross/DeMar are too small

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Nice, they're kinda taking chances (that I don't mind) if they play CP3.

We really need them to drop into the earlier 20s to have a shot at one of OG, Bridges or Hartenstein.
                        CP3 and DJ were in a car accident today. Word is they are both fine.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                          Maybe this kid with our 2nd rd...no ones talking about him but maybe he's a Powell lol

Kid looks like he would be an excellent fit at C from these highlights, admittingly I haven't seen a lot of him yet but looks like he could be intriguing to me...and as aside someone better draft Peter Jok before GSW does...
                          Definitely worth following -- great find. Not sure if he's an NBA 5. Might be a 3/4. But going to Creighton, not being touted, I doubt he goes in the draft as a red shirt freshman.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Getting Miles Bridges is the dream to me. Carroll going into his last year next and Bruno being Bruno we need help at 3/4.

OG is still by far my dream pick...dont get me wrong I'd love to get Bridges but can't think of a more ideal fit than Anunoby.

The kid is a 3/4 with the perfect combination of size, speed and length to easily play either position. He has elite defence and can knockdown a 3...he can basically be our 3/4 version of Powell (minus the driving ability) but all we're really looking for is a 3+D player at those spots n he has them in spades and just starting to be developed. Crazy to think how good he could become with influences like Norm around...

He's very unlikely to be available in the 20s and could even cracked the top 10 BUT should he slip into the teens we better do everything in our power to get him...trade all 3 picks imo because we really don't need a bunch more young guys, we just need the right one n I believe it's OG...although I will say I still find it tough to miss out on Jawun Evans because I really do think he could be heir to Lowry eventually. But OG is the kinda fit that I think could put us right there now...if we move JV for a quicker C.

Comment

• Clippers lost again (to the Pelicans).. this time with Paul playing 31 minutes. This is great.. now they have to play a b2b against Houston and OKC both on the road.

Comment

• Clips just lost their 5th in a row, blown out by the Rockets 140-116. 3 teams now are only 1 game back.

Some funny Rox #s. Anderson and Nene started and combined for 11 pts. Harden had 30, but was a -1.
                                The big man was Montrezl Harrell off the bench with 29 pts and +38. I'm guessing those are both career highs.
                                If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                                X