Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post

He's like DeMarre Carroll but actually a good player.
    If we end up drafting him you should make this your signature. Awesome stuff

Comment

• Wisconsin's offense sort of looks like the Raptors - random dribbling around the three point line, then rushing to get a shot off as the shot clock nears expiration.

Comment

• As of Today, draft-express is guessing the Boston Celtics will take Grayson Allen in the 2nd Round. So if you have Marcus Smart and Grayson Allen on the floor together, how can you measure the your own hate in scientific units?

Comment

• Brian Scallabrine wrote: View Post
          I want Ojeleye from SMU so bad, guy is a monster and exactly what we need in a combo forward. Shoots threes, rebounds, solid post game, good defender.

I've been high on him all year and now he's starting to get some attention. Watch for him to get to the sweet 16 and give Duke a run for their money.

He's like DeMarre Carroll but actually a good player.
          Love this guy. Kind of fits the bill of the players raps have been going for. You can let 2pat walk, sign Tucker and draft Semi.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Draft Express has us taking Ivan Rabb, I'm hoping that's the case. I wanted him last year but he dropped out of the draft. I think this kid is a major talent.

Comment

• I don't think Cal's offence featured him either year he was there, both season were guard dominant with him playing cleanup.

Comment

• Anyone have an opinion on Bam Adebayo of Kentucky?

Athletic 6' 10 and a C. Big motor and seems like a Biyombo clone with better offense (I think). Am looking forward to watching him in his game today. Should be available at the Raps spot unless of course he shows great in the tournament.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  I don't think Cal's offence featured him either year he was there, both season were guard dominant with him playing cleanup.
                  That was true last yr and of cuonzo's style but after Wallace and brown got drafted, Rabb shared the load with bird. He didn't have the huge yr that was expected and the draft class is so much stronger that he's dropped like 10 spots. He lost millions.
                  I had Rabb clearly ahead of yak, sabonis, etc last yr with our pick. There's a lot of guys to chose from this yr, Rabb is one of them but not sure he's #1?

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Anyone have an opinion on Bam Adebayo of Kentucky?

Athletic 6' 10 and a C. Big motor and seems like a Biyombo clone with better offense (I think). Am looking forward to watching him in his game today. Should be available at the Raps spot unless of course he shows great in the tournament.
                    He was part of the much hyped HS class this yr and projected as a top 10 pick. He has fallen a lot bc there's skepticism about how he will translate to the NBA. His comp was a smaller Dwight howard. His size seems closer to Zach Randolph but he doesn't have the skills to play pf, especially in the modern NBA. He's projected now as a 3rd energy big and that doesn't have a lot of value. He's a great raw athlete but it's questionable whether he has the iq and talent to raise his ceiling.

Comment

• I agree with Naismith on Swanigan. Love the kid's game, he looks like a mix between Bosh (Heat Bosh, not Raps Bosh) & Love. I could also also see him shine in a role like Marvin Williams has in Charlotte.

I also like what Alec Peters out of Valparaiso brings to the table even though he's a senior. But we've seen success with drafting older players during Masai's tenure.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I recommend reading Cole zwicker and Don Yates re: the draft. Both are interesting alternatives to DX. Zwicker breaks it down by positional, player type categories using NBA comps and Yates has his own stats model adapted from Kevin Pelton. His baseline is D first. He was really high on Delon and jawun Evans types as examples. Cole has an interesting take on how guys like Rabb and bam are problematic to translate to the NBA. Rabb would be a great 5 if he added weight but I don't see him adding weight to his frame so I think he needs a 3 pt shot (which is possible) and bam could be a great 4 but I don't see him learning to shoot. I'd take Leaf as a modern 4 in our range ahead of both of them. His D is suspect tho.
                        The caliber and quality of players available this yr at 20 is at least as good and probably better than last yr at 9. Not as much after 22 tho. 25 to 40 is kinda flatline imo.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                          He was part of the much hyped HS class this yr and projected as a top 10 pick. He has fallen a lot bc there's skepticism about how he will translate to the NBA. His comp was a smaller Dwight howard. His size seems closer to Zach Randolph but he doesn't have the skills to play pf, especially in the modern NBA. He's projected now as a 3rd energy big and that doesn't have a lot of value. He's a great raw athlete but it's questionable whether he has the iq and talent to raise his ceiling.
                          Your assessment sounds similar to that of Anthony Bennett, which frightens me.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            I agree with Naismith on Swanigan. Love the kid's game, he looks like a mix between Bosh (Heat Bosh, not Raps Bosh) & Love. I could also also see him shine in a role like Marvin Williams has in Charlotte.

I also like what Alec Peters out of Valparaiso brings to the table even though he's a senior. But we've seen success with drafting older players during Masai's tenure.
                            I have no idea who to pick. There is such a glut of good players. I think it will come down (more than usual) to the combine, workouts and interviews. And then just a feel for a certain guy in your gym and team needs a bit. I have issues with both those guys. I'd take olejeye ahead of them.
                            My #1 all yr has been anunoby but I don't think he will fall to us and depending on medicals he may stay in college and/or never be the same player.
                            I'd take a flyer on Giles ahead of them too.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Your assessment sounds similar to that of Anthony Bennett, which frightens me.
                              Keep in mind, I watched a decent amount of NCAA last yr. I've only had time to follow the tournament this yr so my opinion is based off people that I trust/find interesting.
                              I'm familiar with Sophomores and upperclassmen but the key guys are freshmen. I have no idea about internationals like kurucs (this is a very weak draft for internationals).
                              Imo you have to watch several full games of a guy to really know anything and even then it's still a total craps game. Like, I'd probably be totally sold on a highlight package of TRoss but we all know he can put up 51 and then go into hibernation for 2 months.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                I have no idea who to pick. There is such a glut of good players. I think it will come down (more than usual) to the combine, workouts and interviews. And then just a feel for a certain guy in your gym and team needs a bit. .
                                This is why it's difficult to see who the Raptors will pick because we don't get to see behind the scenes of personal and workout assessment. We know Masai's model in mind is that of the Spurs, you pick up a defensive minded team first type of a player that does what the coach wants him to do and won't complain if he does not always
                                get the minutes. An NBA ready is preferred so you can plug him in for backup minutes right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X