No announcement yet.

Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lydon and Ojeleye would be my guys at 23.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat May 6, 2017, 06:03 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Shooting has to be the top priority going into this draft right?
      I'd generally agree but a lot is up in the air right now with so many free agents on the roster.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• To be honest, who is the most well rounded target around our pick? A guy who isn't amazing at one thing, but solid at everything? That's what we need, IMO. As much as people tend to think you should get a guy with upside or athleticism, etc., we should aim for a more well-rounded player who'll play well no matter what situation he's in.

This is the reason Swanigan jumps off the page for me. He's a good scorer inside & outside, he rebounds well & look like he can grow into being a solid defender. He's also only 20 & played years in College already. However, he's not our only option that I personally like.

The other guy that I like even though he's coming back from injury is Alec Peters of Valparaiso. He's exactly what you look for in a PF of today's game, very much like Swanigan. He's a very good shooter from outside as well, particularly off the catch.

Axel wrote:
        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
        KeonClark wrote:
        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
        KeonClark wrote:
        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I don't think swanigan has the athleticism/body to be a good defender, outside of rebounding. If he did, I think he's bubble lottery.
          Evans is the high floor/well rounded guy in our range imo.

Comment

• When raps lost in 2015 to the Wiz. They had one glaring weekness. Containing guards at the point of attack. Masai went out and drafted two defensive first guards who would help contain opposing guards.

This year the problem is obvious the Raptors were staright out gunned from behind the line. Even with getting tons of open looks raps couldn't make the Cavs pay for leaving their shooter wide open. I will be shocked if the 23 pick wasn't a good shooter.

I think Masai will be looking address that combo forward position. With 2pat/PJ/Ibaka being free agents. That's why I have Lydon/Ojeleye at the top of my board for the 23rd pick.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun May 7, 2017, 12:23 PM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We also need sheer talent, regardless of position or skill set. I think you could make a case for Giles or Diallo.
              Again, I'd like to see how things shape up with the organization closer to the end of June and hear some reports re: workouts. There's at least half a dozen guys that I'm interested in the draft this yr.

Comment

• 1. Ojeleye seems like he's going to climb lottery boards & go in the late teens IMO. He's that guy a team gambles on early & hope it pays off. 2. Evans is a PG, isn't he? Why would we go after a PG unless were deciding Joseph, FVV & Wright don't have what it takes to man down the PG spot..... not to mention the possibility of signing Lowry. 3. Neither Giles or Diallo seem like guys that can contribute right away and neither seem like the kind of guys Masai goes after. 4. I honestly don't know much about Lydon at all.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Shooting has to be the top priority going into this draft right?

Yup, some ball-skills wouldn't hurt either though.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    1. Ojeleye seems like he's going to climb lottery boards & go in the late teens IMO. He's that guy a team gambles on early & hope it pays off. 2. Evans is a PG, isn't he? Why would we go after a PG unless were deciding Joseph, FVV & Wright don't have what it takes to man down the PG spot..... not to mention the possibility of signing Lowry. 3. Neither Giles or Diallo seem like guys that can contribute right away and neither seem like the kind of guys Masai goes after. 4. I honestly don't know much about Lydon at all.
                    I agree that he will rise in workouts/interviews but, I think his age will keep him in the early 20's. Right now he is on the bubble of the first round. Team usually like to gamble on younger players. Masai has shown that he values older more mature players.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun May 7, 2017, 01:22 PM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                      1. Ojeleye seems like he's going to climb lottery boards & go in the late teens IMO. He's that guy a team gambles on early & hope it pays off. 2. Evans is a PG, isn't he? Why would we go after a PG unless were deciding Joseph, FVV & Wright don't have what it takes to man down the PG spot..... not to mention the possibility of signing Lowry. 3. Neither Giles or Diallo seem like guys that can contribute right away and neither seem like the kind of guys Masai goes after. 4. I honestly don't know much about Lydon at all.
                      Yeah, Evans is a PG. I give some consideration that Evans/Mitchell hypothetically could be BPA (or a number of guys, regardless of position). I'm not 100% attached to any of our pgs and perhaps Lowry is not returning.
                      Re: Giles/Diallo. We might be able to get more fvv undrafted seniors that can contribute now on cheap two dleague contracts and take a flyer on a high upside guy with our pick.

Comment

• I remember last year everyone was saying Cheick Diallo was a sleeper, big deal, well where is he NOW? Same thing applies to Ojeleye, I am not saying Ojeleye is another Diallo(lets of talk before the draft, after one season where is he now?), but I am NOT saying he is NOT.
                        To me, you draft for needs. The league, the game is moving into a 3pt games. and Raptors is worst at it. So....Raptors should take Luke Kennard, maybe move UP into 15-18th range to get him.

Comment

• Eric Montross 00 wrote: View Post
                          I remember last year everyone was saying Cheick Diallo was a sleeper, big deal, well where is he NOW? Same thing applies to Ojeleye, I am not saying Ojeleye is another Diallo(lets of talk before the draft, after one season where is he now?), but I am NOT saying he is NOT.
                          To me, you draft for needs. The league, the game is moving into a 3pt games. and Raptors is worst at it. So....Raptors should take Luke Kennard, maybe move UP into 15-18th range to get him.
                          Exactly where is Diallo?! lol

Semi is being overvalued on this board because he's built like a football player.

He has rudimentary ballhandling skills, passing, ability to spot while he is athletic he isn't a "freak athlete" like I seen one poster use to describe him. He is neither very quick nor does he jump out of the gym. Don't get me wrong for a guy his size he has some decent athleticism but nothing earth shattering. Overall he really doesn't seem that skilled and besides being a brickwall I don't see actual on court advantages that he has or uses very well. Screams role player to me and a big hell no to tiny little Luke Kennard who is frail and will not be getting those same looks in the NBA. Sorry if that came off rude lol it wasn't meant to be, just really don't like either guy with our pick.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, Evans is a PG. I give some consideration that Evans/Mitchell hypothetically could be BPA (or a number of guys, regardless of position). I'm not 100% attached to any of our pgs and perhaps Lowry is not returning.
                            Re: Giles/Diallo. We might be able to get more fvv undrafted seniors that can contribute now on cheap two dleague contracts and take a flyer on a high upside guy with our pick.
                            To be 100% honest I think Evans is the BPA, even more than Mitchell but DM has a bit more upside.

Of course I've been writing praises about him this entire thread but I admit I have a hard time drafting him because I'm a sucker for upside and this team imo needs some major upside. Which may sound funny in a way because I really believe that Evans could become a borderline allstar - all star level himself because I think he plays a lot like CP3 (obviously not as good) but statistically he's right there with Dennis Smith Jr and I really do believe that people will be saying he was one of the "steals" of the draft.

Again I will be totally happy if we take him because I think the kid is a stud and now with a growing chance that Kyle leaves there really isn't a PG on the roster imo that will be anywhere near able to step into Lowry's shoes. While I don't suspect Jawun would do so in his 1st year (simply due to playing time and getting comfortable with teammates) I believe by year 3-4 he would be a legit starting PG in the league...my issue is I want to swing for the fences more and would like far more to take a shot on someone like Hartenstein, Bolden, Giles etc...players that have physical traits and some foundation of skills that with work and development have the potential to be even better. But we'll see, if Kyle walks though it won't surprise me one bit to see us draft Evans then pursue a trade of guys like Corey, JV for later picks to start taking flyers on.

Comment

• Not sure why we even bother....Masai just takes the one guy none of us will talk about anyway. In fact we should scrub this thread of the best players in case he reads it
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                                Not sure why we even bother....Masai just takes the one guy none of us will talk about anyway. In fact we should scrub this thread of the best players in case he reads it
                                He took Delon Wright and Norman Powell. Who a lot of people talked about during that draft.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X