Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    Like Pascal
    I believe little was paid by Pascal due to working out with Skal (another strategy), and apparently he impressed and out worked Skal (Even though Skal looked terrific at the end of the season and I was hoping the Raps would have taken him. Prove me wrong Pascal!)

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
      I believe little was paid by Pascal due to working out with Skal (another strategy), and apparently he impressed and out worked Skal (Even though Skal looked terrific at the end of the season and I was hoping the Raps would have taken him. Prove me wrong Pascal!)
      Yeah, more so than the Poeltl pick, I'd like to know the thought process behind taking Siakam over Skal. Raps obviously weren't the only ones that passed on him so I guess everyone else had the same concerns but we are talking about a team that took Bruno Caboclo in the middle of the first round so they value potential.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
        Like Pascal
        Pascal Siakam had VISA issues that's why they couldn't come to Toronto. Raps organized a workout in Buffalo I believe.
        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon May 22, 2017, 06:20 PM.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Pascal and Siakam had VISA issues that's why they couldn't come to Toronto. Raps organized a workout in Buffalo I believe.
          That was the official statement,,, not too many reporters will travel to Buffalo for a workout.

Comment

• Semi should be our pick, he's a perfect fit beside Debo. A high energy super athletic wing that can defend and hit the three? Sign me up right now. I really don't know if he'll be available around 23 tho

Comment

• Semi Ojeleye

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dillon Brooks

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dan

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    Pascal was in the gym in buffalo. Yak and Skal did individual workouts at one end of the gym and siakam did a small group workout at the other end. Pascal has a piece in the players' tribune, in which, he complained that he wasn't allowed to go head-to-head with the big boys.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                      Pascal was in the gym in buffalo. Yak and Skal did individual workouts at one end of the gym and siakam did a small group workout at the other end. Pascal has a piece in the players' tribune, in which, he complained that he wasn't allowed to go head-to-head with the big boys.
                      So that whole story about how Pascal supposedly "destroyed" Skal in a head-to-head workout was made up?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        So that whole story about how Pascal supposedly "destroyed" Skal in a head-to-head workout was made up?
                        Toronto was holding a workout in Buffalo. When I walked into the gym, I saw Skal Labissière and Jakob Poeltl, who were both ranked really highly on most draft boards. I was psyched. I had heard they were nice guys, but I had to find a reason to make them villains. So I pretended that they were my old teammates — the same ones who used to talk trash to me. I was going to dunk on Skal. I was going to block Poetl. I was going to dominate this workout and show the Raptors that I was just as good as those big names.

I walked onto the court, pumped up, when a coach stopped me.

“Oh, sorry,” he said, “Jakob and Skal are doing solo workouts. You’ll be working out with another group."

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thep...-cameroon/amp/

I think Pascal destroyed his group workout and Skal looked kinda meh in his solo... dunno. If you watch 905, you can imagine that Pascal has a way of standing out just based on sheer energy and speed. I can picture Pascal being all over the court in 2-on-2 with Skal shooting free throws in the background. Perhaps that's why?

Comment

• Thx for posting Christian. I thought what tolzman said about two-way contracts and picking up a 2nd Rd pick was interesting.

Comment

• Yes.

Maryland’s Justin Jackson to work out with Raptors ahead of NBA Draft decision deadline
                            http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland...ision-timeline

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              Thx for posting Christian. I thought what tolzman said about two-way contracts and picking up a 2nd Rd pick was interesting.
                              What I found interesting is the question was asked in reference to the players that were brought in....

Which included Semi & Brooks

I'm not sure if that was good ol' Le Doug (Doug Smith) but he asked it by and I'm paraphrasing here that by taking a look at these guys (which included Semi & Brooks) as potentially 2nd rd picks (or not being drafted at all - which was probably more in reference to guys like Dylan Ennis).

If that is in fact the case THEN I would absolutely love to take Semi...much like last year I wasn't in love with taking Skal that early #9 but at the end of the 1st rd, that was a no brainer. That's how I feel with Semi, with our pick sorry but I want someone who I may believe has a little more upside. But if he's available in the 2nd rd and we were to buy a pick then Semi too would be an absolute no brainer. The fact that we have dedicated so much time to working out what looks like 2nd rd players (imo) makes me think we likely have a deal in place or strongly in mind for either Corey or JV to not only shed salary but bring in a pick (or two) in the 2nd rd that we would use to help address our shooting woes while also helping compensate for likely losing Patterson. I haven't heard of Ojeleye being a great defender but I would still easily take him in the 2nd rd and 10x out of 10 over Leaf or Lydon. Really I would love if we came out with one of Justin Jackson (Maryland - like his traits and talent a slight bit more) or Semi with a purchased 2nd rounder then take a higher upside pick with our 1st and we've done an awesome job at the draft!
                              Last edited by JamesNaismith; Tue May 23, 2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Raptors will work out Maryland's Justin Jackson tomorrow +Isaiah Briscoe, Xavier Rathan-Mayes, MiKyle McIntosh,
                                Sebastian Saiz & John Motley

Motley has fallen but was in the mix earlier this yr. Briscoe could be an undrafted guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X