Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James, how long is your sig bet last?

Comment

• Yes, I believe Doug Smith asked the question and that bugged me bc it was a good question and usually Doug is more interested in his nachos than bball. Perhaps he sees our boy Blake in his rear view mirror?

Comment

• There are too many guys this yr that I like, I want two picks.
        We should throw up a poll in June. Iirc we get max 10 choices. 2 might be allocated for trade the pick/undecided/other. That leaves about 8 names. Who should be included?

Semi, Lydon, leaf, Evans, Giles, Mitchell, kurucs, bam, Kennard, Rabb, Ferguson, hartenstein, motley, Jeanne, Wilson, bell, Diallo, swanigan, Peters, Kuzma, Brooks, Bolden.

We might need 9 slots. Who makes the cut?
        For now I'm going with:
        Evans, leaf, Diallo, Mitchell, Rabb, Giles, Kennard, Lydon (not in that order).

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
          James, how long is your sig bet last?
          It was supposed to be till the draft but James I release you from the balance of the sig bet.

Questioning your most absolute convictions is a good way to see if you have blindspots in your thinking. Hopefully you can exercise a little of that in the future.

Have a great summer.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
            What I found interesting is the question was asked in reference to the players that were brought in....

Which included Semi & Brooks

I'm not sure if that was good ol' Le Doug (Doug Smith) but he asked it by and I'm paraphrasing here that by taking a look at these guys (which included Semi & Brooks) as potentially 2nd rd picks (or not being drafted at all - which was probably more in reference to guys like Dylan Ennis).

If that is in fact the case THEN I would absolutely love to take Semi...much like last year I wasn't in love with taking Skal that early #9 but at the end of the 1st rd, that was a no brainer. That's how I feel with Semi, with our pick sorry but I want someone who I may believe has a little more upside. But if he's available in the 2nd rd and we were to buy a pick then Semi too would be an absolute no brainer. The fact that we have dedicated so much time to working out what looks like 2nd rd players (imo) makes me think we likely have a deal in place or strongly in mind for either Corey or JV to not only shed salary but bring in a pick (or two) in the 2nd rd that we would use to help address our shooting woes while also helping compensate for likely losing Patterson. I haven't heard of Ojeleye being a great defender but I would still easily take him in the 2nd rd and 10x out of 10 over Leaf or Lydon. Really I would love if we came out with one of Justin Jackson (Maryland - like his traits and talent a slight bit more) or Semi with a purchased 2nd rounder then take a higher upside pick with our 1st and we've done an awesome job at the draft!
            Glad to see you coming around on Semi
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We leave the draft with one of Leaf/Semi/Jackson/Brooks I will be happy.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                Glad to see you coming around on Semi
                Yeah I think we just had a simple misunderstanding.

It's not that I'm coming around to Semi, I like him and always have. I even said to clarify in one of my initial posts that my objection is making sound like I hate him when I don't....I'm just oppose to using our 1st rounder on him BECAUSE I want to take a player that I believe may have a higher upside. It's always been that way for me.

The thing is with a player like say Bolden or Giles they have all the physical traits n skills that with further development they could be MASSIVE steals. Not quite like Giannis but they do have the physical attributes (length, speed) n skills to build on that are just rare to find. Despite how powerful Semi is, length wise he's going to have some trouble both defending 4s and going over them in the post which has already been noticed by some scouts. But as a 2nd rd player you can't expect a superstar and I'm sure we can teach him ways to try n minimize that disadvantage with some footwork, handwork and using his strong base. If he's available in the 2nd I'm all for taking him or Jackson (who's issue is like Ross, a long running one with consistency imo).

Jackson has great physical tools to be a very good player in the league that I really could see developing his skills to play in the mold of a Draymond Green. But the big issue is he doesn't play with that consistent fire and intensity like him. I'm not sure you can teach that like we couldn't with Ross but even if we do get him a bit closer like we did with T, then we could nonetheless have a very good player that we got in the 2nd rd.

As for the sigbet lewro, it's until the draft and I don't mind honouring the bet. You win some, you lose some...just gotta take it on the chin n keep it moving lol

Comment

I think Pascal destroyed his group workout and Skal looked kinda meh in his solo... dunno. If you watch 905, you can imagine that Pascal has a way of standing out just based on sheer energy and speed. I can picture Pascal being all over the court in 2-on-2 with Skal shooting free throws in the background. Perhaps that's why?
                  I hope you are wrong, cause that would have been false- positive and a mistake by Masai to get the older high energy guy ( who was not good enough at season end to be a part of the playoffs roster) over a younger guy with much higher ceiling and a better all- rounded game who had a bad year in his rookie year in college.

Only time will tell, let's hope it won't be another T-Ross over Drummond fiasco.

Comment

• I agree with James re: semi - I'd take him in the 2nd. I also want more upside if we keep our 1st. My issue with semi is that I think he beat up some college kids but won't have quite the same physical advantage to that extent in the NBA and im not sure about his IQ - he seems to make bad decisions and read the game poorly. I don't think it's a coincidence that he did poorly at the 5v5 combine and game situation in our workout.
                    Donovan Mitchell is a guy I'd consider with our 1st. I'm curious about Diallo and Giles as well. Too little info to know tho. I'm not sure I believe in leaf but his upside to me is one of the few decent starters in our range. I don't think I'd bet on him tho.
                    If they don't have a high upside guy then I'd like to grab two 2nds. One would have to be Evans imo and the other could be semi, Brooks, etc or a future 2nd (in the 30s/40s). Evans is my fail safe pick. If there's no other move to make then just take him.
                    Still plenty of time still...

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I hope you are wrong, cause that would have been false- positive and a mistake by Masai to get the older high energy guy ( who was not good enough at season end to be a part of the playoffs roster) over a younger guy with much higher ceiling and a better all- rounded game who had a bad year in his rookie year in college.

Only time will tell, let's hope it won't be another T-Ross over Drummond fiasco.
                      In his own words he didn't get to matchup with Skal. Skal was #1 HS recruit but pretty much every team passed on him, including raps twice. It's still early tho. They might both turn out to be good players. I'd probably rather have ross' 3pt shooting at $10m than Drummond's rebounding at $23m but can make a case either way, I think.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I mean I doubt it was solely based on that one workout. I don't think it's a coincidence that the two guys they drafted were beloved by analytics tho. In fairness if scouts and stats agree that a guy is good you should probably take him.

Comment

• Masai
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Dan

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Justin Jackson

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

There are too many guys this yr that I like, I want two picks.
                                We should throw up a poll in June. Iirc we get max 10 choices. 2 might be allocated for trade the pick/undecided/other. That leaves about 8 names. Who should be included?

Semi, Lydon, leaf, Evans, Giles, Mitchell, kurucs, bam, Kennard, Rabb, Ferguson, hartenstein, motley, Jeanne, Wilson, bell, Diallo, swanigan, Peters, Kuzma, Brooks, Bolden.

We might need 9 slots. Who makes the cut?
                                For now I'm going with:
                                Evans, leaf, Diallo, Mitchell, Rabb, Giles, Kennard, Lydon (not in that order).
                                Putting in my selection this year derrick white!

Comment

Working...
                                X