Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    Putting in my selection this year derrick white!
    Right now mine would be Jonah Bolden or Hamidou Diallo.

Failing that Hartenstein, Anigbogu or Kuzma.

Comment

• I'd love to get Justin Jackson. He's toying with going back to college unless he gets a promise, but next year he's projected somewhere in the top 15. I'd just give him the promise and take him now. He and Powell can be first team all wingspan.

Edit: Nvm, he's officially returning to school.
      Last edited by BrydenB; Wed May 24, 2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
        Right now mine would be Jonah Bolden or Hamidou Diallo.

Failing that Hartenstein, Anigbogu or Kuzma.
        Try and pick one and what do you like most about them

Comment

• There goes the only guy I was enamored with in this draft.

Trade the pick for Lebron.
          Last edited by ball4life; Thu May 25, 2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
            Try and pick one and what do you like most about them
            At this point I would go with Bolden and not just because Diallo has decided to go back to school.

Bolden just has rare physical traits combined with solid skillset and he's still only 21. Unlike Bruno, Bolden still moves quick enough to play the SF position which at 6'10 with a 7'4 wingspan there are only 2 players that can (Durant, Giannis). Of course he is nowhere near their calibre BUT nonetheless he has the foundation to work with where you may not be able to develop in a superstar like them but you can develop him into a very good player.

As for Diallo, I'm not sure yet if his decision was a good one. He should likely improve his draft position but he can just as easily end up in the same spot with Knox and Vanderbilt playing the wings as well and they are more well rounded at the same age but fit the mold of SFs the size of PFs so he can be overshadowed, not to mention the risk of an injury.

Comment

• ball4life wrote: View Post
              There goes the only guy I was enamored with in this draft.

Trade the pick for Lebron.
              That's a bummer. Wonder if he had an private workouts with raps? I haven't looked it up, did he work out for anyone? Only heard the combine news.

Comment

At this point I would go with Bolden and not just because Diallo has decided to go back to school.

Bolden just has rare physical traits combined with solid skillset and he's still only 21. Unlike Bruno, Bolden still moves quick enough to play the SF position which at 6'10 with a 7'4 wingspan there are only 2 players that can (Durant, Giannis). Of course he is nowhere near their calibre BUT nonetheless he has the foundation to work with where you may not be able to develop in a superstar like them but you can develop him into a very good player.

As for Diallo, I'm not sure yet if his decision was a good one. He should likely improve his draft position but he can just as easily end up in the same spot with Knox and Vanderbilt playing the wings as well and they are more well rounded at the same age but fit the mold of SFs the size of PFs so he can be overshadowed, not to mention the risk of an injury.
                I think Bruno moves well enough to guard sf and his length helps him to recover/sag but he looks slow and awkward on offense bc his handle, body control, confidence and IQ are really underdeveloped. That's ok for now if he can hit the corner 3 at a higher clip. He'd be giving us Carroll's production with upside.

Comment

• good read on importance of 3-D players

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft...s-41d14ea486b5

Ojeleye shot 42.4 percent from 3 and 78.5 percent from the line, and he has simple one-motion mechanics with a nice, high release. His release isn’t the most aesthetically pleasing, but it works. Basketball doesn’t always need to be pretty. “I have the strength to hold off forwards from getting good positioning, and I can rebound,” Ojeleye told me at the NBA combine. “I can stretch the floor a little bit, so I think with more time, more work, more reps, I can fill that 3-and-D role.”
                  I asked Ojeleye to describe why 3-and-D players are important in the NBA. “It’s extremely valuable,” he responded with confidence. “Guys like that can guard multiple lineups, especially you see in the playoffs you need guys who can fill in on the fly. It gets late in the game, it’s extremely valuable to play multiple positions and do different things.”
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I've never heard of Ojeleye being a good defender so I'm not sure where the 3+D moniker is coming from.

Not to mention at 6'5 and not a great wingspan (inch & half less than Norm's) it's going to be challenging to say the least.

Comment

I've never heard of Ojeleye being a good defender so I'm not sure where the 3+D moniker is coming from.

Not to mention at 6'5 and not a great wingspan (inch & half less than Norm's) it's going to be challenging to say the least.
                      Keep in mind, Norm's wingspan is ridiculous for his size. Bruno-esque proportions, just in a shorter package.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I've never heard of Ojeleye being a good defender so I'm not sure where the 3+D moniker is coming from.

Norm has an easier time checking long guys like PG-13 than he does bulky guys like melo. Semi has the bulk but still moves well on the perimeter. It's his IQ and upside that I'm skeptical of. Like you, I'm fine with him in the 2nd Rd. That said, my upside guys like Diallo and Jackson have pulled out. Mitchell is moving up the board and no idea the health of Giles.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          good read on importance of 3-D players

https://theringer.com/2017-nba-draft...s-41d14ea486b5
                          Which is why it's so hard to win in the playoffs with DeMar as your franchise player, despite his incredible improvements. His flaws are no-3 and no-D, which are killers in the playoffs on both ends.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            Which is why it's so hard to win in the playoffs with DeMar as your franchise player, despite his incredible improvements. His flaws are no-3 and no-D, which are killers in the playoffs on both ends.
                            It's also hard to win without elite players. You need both. Not one without the other. We don't beat Bucks without Deebo. Simply put us on his back. Yes, he had a bad game but, so has LBJ...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Graded out as one of the best athletes at the combine. Was top 5 in every agility test and jump 40.5 inches off the floor. Strong, 241 pounds only 5% body fat. Those are all tools to be a good if not great defender. Compare hid measurements to Crowder in 2012. Identical but, Semi is the way better athlete. He also played on one of the best defensive teams in the country. Where they played all 6'6-6'8 lineup and they just switched everything. Semi is ready for new age NBA.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• https://youtu.be/zLcwx9EqJpM jonah bolden

https://youtu.be/2OA5ckgTa6w derrick white

Derrick passes really well in traffic and is a big guard shoots the 3 at a good rate. To me he is the point guard you want. He gets tunnel vision some times but I believe cause he needed to take over for his team
                                Last edited by grindhouse; Thu May 25, 2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X