Everything 2016/17 NBA Draft Thread aka Thank Nation 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Hey I have looked across several sites and mock drafts and saw that almost all gave the Raptors an A or A+ for selecting OG.

The one exception was NBA draft.net....that was a rather poor draft grade considering the author stated many positive attributes to the pick except for his injury and questionable offensive game.

"C-
    23. OG Anunoby
    Raptor first rounder OG Anunoby’s physical tools are what jumps off the page, with his 7’2” wingspan and leaping ability. His skillset is somewhat limited, especially on the offensive end, but he is versatile enough to play either forward position and can has the potential to be a superb perimeter defender. Ultimately, his medical concerns make him a risky selection. The Raptors already have scoring punch in DeRozan and Lowry so Anunoby’s potential as a defensive stopper makes him a solid fit. There’s still a lot of risk involved in taking Anunoby, but as one of the more balanced teams in the league, they can afford to take a flier on a guy like Anunoby. I'm not sold on him being proficient enough offensively to be a big contributor whether healthy or unhealthy, but there were plenty of "sexy bloggers" that loved this pick."
    Which is funny because nbadraft.net projected him going higher than almost any other site

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      Which is funny because nbadraft.net projected him going higher than almost any other site
      Their last mock draft (9:10am on draft day) had OG going 32nd to Phoenix- whereas DX had him going #23

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
        Their last mock draft (9:10am on draft day) had OG going 32nd to Phoenix- whereas DX had him going #23
        Weird. I made a post about a week ago or so if you check my recents. They had him in the 14-18 range. They literally dropped him 20 spots in a week.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
          Just went back and checked. I'm mistaken. Anunoby was at 40 on NBAdraft and 13 on draft express during the time I was talking about

Comment

• Steal of this draft? Dennis Smith Jr. Don't understand why he dropped that low???
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              Steal of this draft? Dennis Smith Jr. Don't understand why he dropped that low???
              Never understood why people knock guys like Smith for being visibly unhappy because they play on terrible teams. Was happy to see Smith go to the Mavs instead of a dysfunctional team like Sac or NY.

Comment

• So that's the reason why he dropped? Fults played for a terrible team and he went 1st.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 'Fultz'
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The better comp would be Simmons bc he played for a bad team and quit on them. Fultz might have taken plays off but seems level headed. Smith is often comped to Steve Francis, if thats fair and gives you an impression?

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Can DeMarre be waived and stretched? I know Kleiza was stretched by Masai in 2013. How often can this be done?
                      Kleiza wasn't stretched; he was amnestied per the terms of the 2011 CBA, so that his salary (which the Raps still had to pay) did not count against the cap.

You can stretch-provision a player whenever you like, so long as you owe them more than $250,000 in guaranteed salary. If we were to waive DeMarre before August 31, we could then stretch-provision him and pay the remaining $30.2 million we owe him over five years (double the number of remaining years on his contract plus one) for an average of $6.04m per year. If we waive him after August 31, we pay him his regular salary this year and then stretch his final year of salary over three years for an average of $5.13 million per year.

All of those payments count against the cap as well, so our cap would be six million dollars less than what it actually is for years to come with no way to deal with that if needed. The stretch provision is really a matter of last resort and it would be far better to bribe another team to take Carroll than use it.

Comment

Working...
                      X