Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Chad Ford has moved him up to 26
    I just hope he stays there but very doubtful.

People have fallen head over heals with great athletes or physical freaks of nature lol but Evans from what I have seen can just flat out hoop. Again I am not saying he is as good but he really reminds me a ton of Chris Paul with how smart and crafty he is and just his style of play. He looks like a perfect successor to Kyle (short of getting DS Jr but that obv is not happening). Again I could care less that we have a bunch of PGs right now because not a single one of them look capable of filling that void when Kyle eventually slows down in 2-3 years and that will be THE major void.

I just get a feeling unfortunately especially around tourney time his stock is going to skyrocket and like Lillard, he will go from relative unknown to battling to be somewhere in the top 10, he looks that good imo.

Comment

Nothing to do with the Raptors - Lonzo Ball is the BEST player in this draft.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
        Im not sure I would put him ahead of Fultz but he is close. Said earlier in this thread I love his game. He reminds me (not exact) of a bigger, taller more athletic Jason Kidd.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          UCLA's offence is money

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
            UCLA's offence is money
            The Steve Alford offense at UCLA produced a previous best of a 115 ORTG in 2014. That season was followed up by ORTGs of 106 and 107.

UCLA is at a 125 ORTG right now. Ball deserves a lot of credit for that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Get'em Masai. Just for Open Gym shenanigans.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    I just hope he stays there but very doubtful.

People have fallen head over heals with great athletes or physical freaks of nature lol but Evans from what I have seen can just flat out hoop. Again I am not saying he is as good but he really reminds me a ton of Chris Paul with how smart and crafty he is and just his style of play. He looks like a perfect successor to Kyle (short of getting DS Jr but that obv is not happening). Again I could care less that we have a bunch of PGs right now because not a single one of them look capable of filling that void when Kyle eventually slows down in 2-3 years and that will be THE major void.

I just get a feeling unfortunately especially around tourney time his stock is going to skyrocket and like Lillard, he will go from relative unknown to battling to be somewhere in the top 10, he looks that good imo.
                    What predicates that Kyle's going to slow down in 2-3 years? Guys really take care of themselves now. Also, it's clear that CoJo isn't the answer -- he's a quality backup -- but no one knows what the other two point guards can be. That said, the Raps tend to see the end of the first round a lot differently than most scouts (or at least the pundits). I would guess their looking for a 3/4 (they don't have a big SF other than DeMC). They seem to look at under scouted schools, then 2nd/3rd options on big conference teams. More mature guys as well. That probably narrows it down to someone we've never heard of.

I do think Dillon Brooks is way under rated. He has one NBA skill. But he's so good at it you have to pick him up at the half court line. His arms will never grow longer, but he has the strength to guard smaller PFs on occasion. A team would know what they're getting with him -- instant offense. Yeah he can't guard Lebron, but the wing position is weak right now.

I say all this, but I'm not convinced he works for the Raps who have Ross. Ross obviously does a lot of the same stuff. I just think size rises in the draft, but so do players with known NBA skills. I'm not convinced all these Point guards are getting drafted so high. Dunn and Baldwin, the top 2 PGs in the last draft are doing nothing. Do I believe in a couple of these guys? Yeah, Ball, and Fox intrigue me, but 8 in the first round (Like on Draft Express)? No way.

Also, Grayson Allen is not an NBA player. I hope the Raps stay away from him. Some bad team will likely pick him early and regret it. Every drive is in a straight line, the bone headed stuff (tripping dudes, obvious flops), defense ... not interested.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      What predicates that Kyle's going to slow down in 2-3 years? Guys really take care of themselves now. Also, it's clear that CoJo isn't the answer -- he's a quality backup -- but no one knows what the other two point guards can be. That said, the Raps tend to see the end of the first round a lot differently than most scouts (or at least the pundits). I would guess their looking for a 3/4 (they don't have a big SF other than DeMC). They seem to look at under scouted schools, then 2nd/3rd options on big conference teams. More mature guys as well. That probably narrows it down to someone we've never heard of.

I say all this, but I'm not convinced he works for the Raps who have Ross. Ross obviously does a lot of the same stuff. I just think size rises in the draft, but so do players with known NBA skills. I'm not convinced all these Point guards are getting drafted so high. Dunn and Baldwin, the top 2 PGs in the last draft are doing nothing. Do I believe in a couple of these guys? Yeah, Ball, and Fox intrigue me, but 8 in the first round (Like on Draft Express)? No way.
                      What predicates Lowry slowing down in 2-3 years?! I don't know let's try AGE. He will be 31 by the end of the season. Outside of the anomoly that is Steve Nash there are very, VERY few PGs that remained at an elite level at 34+ yrs of age and given unlike Nash, Lowry plays very physical both on the offensive side going to the basket and drawing fouls but defensively getting in the body of his opposition and taking charges his body takes much more a pounding. This is also the same guy who has ALREADY had a number of injuries in his career. It doesn't get easier, ask Kobe who was arguably one the most elite in terms of preparation and trying to maintain his body. Least we forget Casey plays Lowry for some of the most minutes in the league....so yeah I'd say that predicates it. If you want to hold out hope that tiny Van Vleet (who is a respectable THIRD string PG) may become a replacement for an all-star PG or Delon who I 100% can become a solid back up...I personally won't be holding my breathe to think he might become an all-star and fill that void.

Grayson Allen isn't even worth mentioning, not sure why some posters continue to say they worry about picking him when we have 3 SGs one of which is entering his prime, got a max contract just this off season and is basically dubbed our franchise player by default but I do agree that we will likely look for a 3/4 again. Of course I believe OG Anunoby will be at the top of our board but not likely to be around. Personally not a fan of Dillon Brooks. I think we're going to be looking at names like Wenyen Gabriel, Deng Adel, Jaron Blossomgame, Malik Pope, Johnathan Jeanne (less likely because we like more ready prospects), Miles Bridges, DJ Hogg, Isaiah Hartenstein...players that can be a small ball PF.

Comment

In all likeyhood VanVleet will be gone next season. Kyle Lowry is probably going to resign and unless CoJo or Wright be involved in some sort of trade then a spot will be given to our 2017 1st round pick. I don't see the Raptors keeping 2 first Rounders next season unless someone again is involved in a trade.

I believe that Masai is doing a good job in collecting assets and he is waiting on the sidelines like a panther getting ready to pounce on a vulnerable team willing to sell it's current star player for half the price. I am hoping it would be Paul George who is finally going to tell Larry Bird where to stick it.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          In all likeyhood VanVleet will be gone next season. Kyle Lowry is probably going to resign and unless CoJo or Wright be involved in some sort of trade then a spot will be given to our 2017 1st round pick. I don't see the Raptors keeping 2 first Rounders next season unless someone again is involved in a trade.
                          Keep in mind it's not unrealistic that the d-league rules could be changed in the upcoming CBA to make it possible for teams to draft and keep additional players on their d-league team, with two-way contracts similar to the NHL. Given how well Ujiri's drafted and how well the Raptors have developed late picks, I think it's entirely possible the Raptors keep both picks and get guys who make sense for a d-league development route.

Comment

So great the new roster/d-league rules will allow for this influx of even more young talent.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                              Keep in mind it's not unrealistic that the d-league rules could be changed in the upcoming CBA to make it possible for teams to draft and keep additional players on their d-league team, with two-way contracts similar to the NHL. Given how well Ujiri's drafted and how well the Raptors have developed late picks, I think it's entirely possible the Raptors keep both picks and get guys who make sense for a d-league development route.
                              That is true but CBA needs to be agreed upon before we can accept this new reality. I agree that Masai will benefit and he may use that option on the picks, or he may also sign a 2 way contract for NBA D leaguers to have ready to go insurance if someone gets injured.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                                What predicates Lowry slowing down in 2-3 years?! I don't know let's try AGE. He will be 31 by the end of the season. Outside of the anomoly that is Steve Nash there are very, VERY few PGs that remained at an elite level at 34+ yrs of age and given unlike Nash, Lowry plays very physical both on the offensive side going to the basket and drawing fouls but defensively getting in the body of his opposition and taking charges his body takes much more a pounding. This is also the same guy who has ALREADY had a number of injuries in his career. It doesn't get easier, ask Kobe who was arguably one the most elite in terms of preparation and trying to maintain his body. Least we forget Casey plays Lowry for some of the most minutes in the league....so yeah I'd say that predicates it. If you want to hold out hope that tiny Van Vleet (who is a respectable THIRD string PG) may become a replacement for an all-star PG or Delon who I 100% can become a solid back up...I personally won't be holding my breathe to think he might become an all-star and fill that void.

Grayson Allen isn't even worth mentioning, not sure why some posters continue to say they worry about picking him when we have 3 SGs one of which is entering his prime, got a max contract just this off season and is basically dubbed our franchise player by default but I do agree that we will likely look for a 3/4 again. Of course I believe OG Anunoby will be at the top of our board but not likely to be around. Personally not a fan of Dillon Brooks. I think we're going to be looking at names like Wenyen Gabriel, Deng Adel, Jaron Blossomgame, Malik Pope, Johnathan Jeanne (less likely because we like more ready prospects), Miles Bridges, DJ Hogg, Isaiah Hartenstein...players that can be a small ball PF.
                                Obviously age is a factor, I just think, even if there's regression Kyle has the potential to be a high quality starter for 3-5 years. I'm looking at his outside shot, the fact that even when he's in a slump the team is better with him on the court...

If his window is even a year longer that gives the Raps options. I want to see Delon play more before they bring in another young, rookie point guard.

Really like some of those names. Blossomgame is on my list of people I'm going to try to follow this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X