#TankForTacko

7'6, 300 lb monster from Senegal

Cue the #MasaiTypeOfPick banter

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post

#TankForTacko

lol and people complain about JV's footspeed.

Though he is shooting 82% from the field - with a wingspan over 8"(!) that helps...36% from the line though.

Is it a Masai type of pick because he's two years from being two years away?
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post

#TankForTacko

lol yeah maybe at the end of the 2nd rd with our last pick...not sure if you guys watch the 905 much but I think we already have our "Tacko" and his name is Walter "Edy" Tavares 7'3 with a 7'9 wingspan and looks more talented, quicker and fluid than Tacko so I'm actually very doubtful we will take him.

A player I could see us liking however is Robert Williams

Comment

Shams just dropped this:

"Vertical Sources: Clippers forward Blake Griffin will undergo minor surgery on his right knee in coming days, return some point in January."

Clipper still a high end team, but curios how (if at all) this will impact our pick.
          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
            Shams just dropped this:

"Vertical Sources: Clippers forward Blake Griffin will undergo minor surgery on his right knee in coming days, return some point in January."

Clipper still a high end team, but curios how (if at all) this will impact our pick.
            Before the New Year, the Clippers play Denver twice, San Antonio, Dallas, Lakers, New Orleans, Houston, and OKC. That's a lot of games in a short time with a mix of good and not so good competition.

Arbitrarily using a 1 month recovery for Griffin, January's schedule features games against Phoenix, Memphis, Sacramento, Miami, Orlando, Lakers, OKC, and Minnesota.

If you guess that they go 5-3 in December and 7-1 in January, that'd leave them with a 32-12 record (currently they're 20-8) but really doesn't impact their winning%, so the injury might not directly have a big impact on the Clippers' draft position.

However what the injury could do, especially with the amount of games left for the Clippers in December, is thin the depth of the team and force a greater amount of minutes for Jordan, Paul, and Crawford to be played (to replace Griffin's scoring) which could increase risk of injury for them, as none of them are exactly spring chickens.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
              Shams just dropped this:

I think it might be the difference of a game or two but the Clips already showed last year they can function just fine without Blake. If Chris Paul went down then we're talking...

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                I think it might be the difference of a game or two but the Clips already showed last year they can function just fine without Blake. If Chris Paul went down then we're talking...
                If i remember correctly when Paul went down for 20 some games (13/14 season) Blake picked up and played great ball, so trouble in starts when both of them are on the shelf (like last year playoffs). Still they cooled off significantly after hot start (6-6 in last 12), also they have to consider CP3 is almost 32 years old and Blake is FA this summer. Tragically (both for out pick and future of Clippers) Doc is also President of Basketball Operations and no way he does a trade that may reduce their shot at the title, even if this team collapses. They are old - like really old - only players under 27 years old are daddy boy Austin and 2nd round pick C Diamond Stone.

Comment

I'll bet Alpha Kaba is a player Masai will like and workout by the time the draft comes around. Seems like an even taller, longer Siakam with possibly better range and passing.

Comment

For those who were considering Grayson Allen (currently #27 on DraftExpress). This isn't going to help his draft stock at all - especially with an organization that seems to value character as much as the Raptors appear to do.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...pping-incident

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                      For those who were considering Grayson Allen (currently #27 on DraftExpress). This isn't going to help his draft stock at all - especially with an organization that seems to value character as much as the Raptors appear to do.

Sucks for Allen GS traded their 1st rounder. Would have been a perfect Warrior pick with Draymond teaching him even more innovative footwork.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

I haven't seen anyone here recommend him and in fact saying that we better not draft him lol but I didn't think there was any chance even before this that there was any chance we would draft him for the simple fact he is a 6'5 SHOOTING GUARD which is by far our most stacked and talent rich position. But yeah after seeing this hissy fit it went for 0% chance to a negative value lol he is literally acting like a 5 year old. Thankfully this should eliminate so much as an invite to workout.

As aside somewhat related, in that we have a somewhat logjam at PG, I'm loving that Jawun Evans continues to float under the radar. The difference is at PG our lead one is finishing his physical prime within the next year or two and our back ups are simply that. No one is good enough to be a starter in this league where as SG, our starter is only entering his prime and has another one (Powell) that can easily take his spot when he does slow down. Evans has true starting potential to put it very mildly, I'm not saying he is as good but his game is very Chris Paul like. I really hope he's one of our picks and our other can be any number of different SFs or PFs but right now my hope would be that it's Isaiah Hartenstein who Masai was seen scouting. He's a very versatile and big PF that can handle the ball, pass, shoot and rebound. Not sure if he will fall to us but short of being able to get OG Anunoby and Evans, getting Hartenstein and Evans would be my most ideal draft at this point.

Comment

• Per Chad Ford if any interested,

Multiple NBA scouts and general managers are saying this is the strongest draft in a decade. We could be looking at a potential 10-15 All-Stars in this group. That's extraordinary.

Even more impressive? The majority of the players on our Big Board are freshmen, including 13 of the players in our top 15, and a whopping 19 total.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Time to stack up on shooting forwards.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Per Chad Ford if any interested,
                              10-15 potential all-stars? Gimme a break. That's a bit of hyperoble. If there ends up being 3 or 4 all-stars then it'll be a good draft. 10-15? That's never going to happen.

Comment

• The 1996 draft had 10 allstars.. so a 10-15 range wouldn't just be the "strongest draft in a decade", it would be the best of all time.

Chad needs to hold his horses

Comment

Working...
                                X