• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we need Millsap
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
      Yeah, there's footage of hartenstein at BWB at ryerson.
      I'm not sure where chriss and yak would fall in this draft bc it's so PG heavy. I'd say they both were in the mix with rabb last yr and rabb is 15th on DX so they might fall in there. Bam and Giles are certainly fallen so far.
      I can't say for certain either but if I had to do my own big board now...the order can be slightly off but I just think there are at least 15 or so names that I'd pass on Chriss and I'm certain that there is at least that for Yak. The point is the value of THESE picks are on par with roughly 8-15 in most drafts. So the value of them are much greater than most years and they're certainly not throw ins on a trade.

This is roughly my big board, the order isn't as important as who I would pass on Chriss or Yak for and the other thing to keep in mind is that many franchises big boards won't resemble mine so like in every draft there is potential for players to slide as a result...and given the depth it's likely a good 2-3 will fall through the cracks (ie/ Hood and Capela)

Big Board for now

1. Fultz
      2. Ball
      3. DS Jr
      4. Jackson
      5. Tatum
      6. Monk
      7. Markanenn
      8. Isaac
      9. Ntilinka
      10. Fox
      11. Bridges
      12. Anunoby
      13. Adebayo
      14. Giles

**this is roughly where I would expect Chriss to go but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him fall after the next few names as well and all of the subsequent names personally I would take over Poeltl

15. Bolden
      16. Rabb
      17. Evans
      18. Hartenstein
      19. Ferguson or Frank Jackson (#20?)

If I'm gracious Poeltl might go here and I haven't even included Leaf, Lydon, Jeanne, Mushidi, Patton or everybody's favorite lol Grayson Allen. You never know what teams are looking for especially once you get out of the top 10. Different teams start valuing different things and inevitably someone (usually more than one and that's in average draft, nvm a super deep one like this one) falls through the cracks so any of the top 15 can potentially drop into the 16-22 range and just as easily someone in my 15-20 range can fall into 25-32 range....it happens almost every year.

That's why they're a lot more valuable than most people make them out to be.
      Last edited by JamesNaismith; Sun Jan 22, 2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• I know knees seem to be the big concern for Giles (rightfully so) and ironically Anunoby (both whom I hope we can draft somehow) but it's really crazy looking back at Giles pre injury how scary his potential is as a modern day PF prototype. He has great handles, speed and mobility when healthy and looks to have the mechanics to have great range (I guess hence previously being the #1 overall)....I'm hoping he gets the "Skal" treatment even though I think Skal's problem was a lack of talent where as Giles is a highway robbery if healthy.....remember EMBIID.

If healthy, there is some superstar potential there imo.
        Last edited by JamesNaismith; Sun Jan 22, 2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          I admit he does remind me of that but I sure hope not. He plays good defence but not level of someone like Powell and his offensive game is horribly limited. He plays far more like an unskilled PF than anything but his athleticism allows him to catch lobs or do straight line drives to the basket. He has made a big improvement in his shooting but if you look at his mechanics he actually releases the ball quite low around his face so I think he'll have a much harder time making them in the NBA and he is poor off the dribble. There are a lot of other players I rather take a flyer on over Blossomgame.

But I do agree with and lewro that I think Masai does have an eye on Hartenstein. He was spotted scouting him a couple of times if I recall correctly and the kid has a ton of potential with his combination of shooting, passing and length.
          Scoring isn't the problem. Raps need help on the other hand.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I was thinking more of a mock draft more than a big board.
            I think you could make an argument for yak to be picked 16-18 by the teams currently in those positions. He had a good yr last yr, solid 7fter, D potential, strong fundamentals/iq, no sexy hype or drama. Denver has 15&20 atm so they'd have no use for yak, in thoery.
            I haven't seen hartenstein play a single game so I can't say I would take him ahead of yak. I've seen his underage int. highlights and I see some talent and potential fit but I find it hard to judge based off that. I had the same appreciation of bargnani at the time tbh.
            Based off potential impact, I would take Giles and Bam ahead of yak but Giles has the knee and Bam is raw.
            If my job was on the line I might listen to Watson and pick yak.

Comment

• Marquette just took down another top rated team. Interesting.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                Marquette just took down another top rated team. Interesting.
                Kansas and Kentucky lost too. Kids just don't like to play on the road

Comment

• I just have to say PHI is going to own the East and the league if healthy and I'm starting a bandwagon hop on as them being my 2nd favorite team of course only to the Raps but they are going to be so much fun to watch.

Just thinking of them adding someone like Markannen with Simmons & Embiid. They would be a 3 headed giant. Add TLC and Korkmaz as shooters at SG....that's damn good! And I hate to say it but if I were them I would go hunting for Lowry. I really believe that in little as 2 years IF they had a great veteran PG they would be getting into the ECF and that would be very hard for Kyle to say no to, to think of being a part of PHI's revival and by year 3-4 when he's slowing down these kids are only starting to explode while LBJ slows down, he could have a legit chance to make a Finals. I can only imagine if they were able to sell Curry on joining them, omg...anyways just they are going to be so deadly after this year.

FA signed PG
                  Luwawu/Korkmaz
                  Simmons
                  Markannen
                  Embiid

Comment

• Anyone watched Baylor this yr? How did Motley look?

Comment

• Right now DraftExpress has us drafting OG Anunoby and this kid who at 7'2 looks pretty damn good...

Comment

• With how we're wearing down Kyle (2nd only to LBJ for highest mpg - hence Bron whining) we need to draft Jawun Evans. This kid can flat out ball and maybe more importantly is a LEADER on the court which we completely miss whenever Kyle rests on the bench and its obv so important to the team that we barely rest him....besides this kid can flat out ball.

GREAT feel for the game...not to mention this kid is shooting at better percentages than Lillard in college.
                        Last edited by JamesNaismith; Thu Feb 2, 2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• The hometown boy looking good lately...6'8-9 with a great wingspan n 3pt shoot. Just a couple of the games but I've seen that he's actually been putting up a few higher scoring games. I don't see him being mentioned almost at all on mock drafts. Here's hoping he can be our 2nd rd steal "Powell" type of pick

22pts, 12 rebs

28pts, 10rebs
                          Last edited by JamesNaismith; Mon Feb 6, 2017, 03:15 AM.

Comment

• Might be nice to have a draft pick tracker for the clips pick on the main site like there was last yr.
                            Anyone interested in a poll here? Where will the clips pick land? Paul is projected to be back sometime between March 1 (23 games remaining) and March 14 (15 games remaining).
                            There's a lot of parity between teams ranked 18 to 26 (only 4 games separation). The margin of error is small and Paul is the key cog in the wheel there. I could see them slipping with potentially little time to make up ground when Paul returns. They're not in a great position to make a trade either.
                            A top 10 pick (yak) sounds really sexy but a top 20 might have similar value this yr. More importantly, a lot of the lottery talent this yr is in the back court, which we don't need (assuming Lowry resigns). Much of the front court help is projected at the end of or outside the lottery.
                            Im looking forward to cheering for the clips to lose, like the Knicks last yr.
                            Anunoby and Giles could perhaps really help us at the 3/4.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                              Might be nice to have a draft pick tracker for the clips pick on the main site like there was last yr.
                              Anyone interested in a poll here? Where will the clips pick land? Paul is projected to be back sometime between March 1 (23 games remaining) and March 14 (15 games remaining).
                              There's a lot of parity between teams ranked 18 to 26 (only 4 games separation). The margin of error is small and Paul is the key cog in the wheel there. I could see them slipping with potentially little time to make up ground when Paul returns. They're not in a great position to make a trade either.
                              A top 10 pick (yak) sounds really sexy but a top 20 might have similar value this yr. More importantly, a lot of the lottery talent this yr is in the back court, which we don't need (assuming Lowry resigns). Much of the front court help is projected at the end of or outside the lottery.
                              Im looking forward to cheering for the clips to lose, like the Knicks last yr.
                              Anunoby and Giles could perhaps really help us at the 3/4.
                              A great site for pick tracking, if you haven't seen it.

http://www.tankathon.com/
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Yep, check it regularly, thx. I meant more of a rap-centric tracker, like last yr on RR.

Comment

Working...
                                X