X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    Can DeMarre be waived and stretched? I know Kleiza was stretched by Masai in 2013. How often can this be done?
    Kleiza wasn't stretched; he was amnestied per the terms of the 2011 CBA, so that his salary (which the Raps still had to pay) did not count against the cap.

You can stretch-provision a player whenever you like, so long as you owe them more than $250,000 in guaranteed salary. If we were to waive DeMarre before August 31, we could then stretch-provision him and pay the remaining $30.2 million we owe him over five years (double the number of remaining years on his contract plus one) for an average of $6.04m per year. If we waive him after August 31, we pay him his regular salary this year and then stretch his final year of salary over three years for an average of $5.13 million per year.

All of those payments count against the cap as well, so our cap would be six million dollars less than what it actually is for years to come with no way to deal with that if needed. The stretch provision is really a matter of last resort and it would be far better to bribe another team to take Carroll than use it.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    The better comp would be Simmons bc he played for a bad team and quit on them. Fultz might have taken plays off but seems level headed. Smith is often comped to Steve Francis, if thats fair and gives you an impression?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    'Fultz'

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    So that's the reason why he dropped? Fults played for a terrible team and he went 1st.

Leave a comment:

• DogeLover1234
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    Steal of this draft? Dennis Smith Jr. Don't understand why he dropped that low???
    Never understood why people knock guys like Smith for being visibly unhappy because they play on terrible teams. Was happy to see Smith go to the Mavs instead of a dysfunctional team like Sac or NY.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Steal of this draft? Dennis Smith Jr. Don't understand why he dropped that low???

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Their last mock draft (9:10am on draft day) had OG going 32nd to Phoenix- whereas DX had him going #23
    Just went back and checked. I'm mistaken. Anunoby was at 40 on NBAdraft and 13 on draft express during the time I was talking about

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Their last mock draft (9:10am on draft day) had OG going 32nd to Phoenix- whereas DX had him going #23
    Weird. I made a post about a week ago or so if you check my recents. They had him in the 14-18 range. They literally dropped him 20 spots in a week.

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    tucas wrote: View Post
    Which is funny because nbadraft.net projected him going higher than almost any other site

Leave a comment:

• tucas
    replied
    Which is funny because nbadraft.net projected him going higher than almost any other site

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    That site sucks tho. The author seems to mostly follow pac12. I think the best scouts follow these kids for several yrs to all the hoop summit, portsmouth, etc tournaments.
    Nbadraft.net outlook is mostly a criticism of the sexy bloggers (maybe bc they get all the site hits?). And their comp is kevon looney. I don't really find that useful analysis. A site like DX has excellent breakdowns with video evidence. .net uses highschool mixtapes from YouTube, posted by someone else, without breakdown. They could be right but their opinion doesn't seem well informed to me.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/og-anunoby

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    I aspire to be known as "a sexy blogger" .

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I would argue that Dallas may also be a decent landing point for JV, if necessary. I would like to see an offence that actually incorporates JV more. If we are looking for change with the same pieces, the glaring change needs to be using JV more.
    I would think they do what they can to keep RFA Noel. If Noel stays, Dallas isn't going to pay $16 million/year for a backup centre.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    Also, someone could fully (not likely) or partially pick up his money so that could lower our bill.
    That's not an option I'd imagine masai would feel good about presenting to MLSE.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X