X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    It's all about having the right PERSONNEL.

People kept whining early in the year about Casey and the defence. We lost a big time/ key defensive player in the offseason in Biz. And we didn't really replace the guy. Obviously the D is going to suffer big time.

Now that we added Ibaka and Tucker, we're a top 10 defensive team again.

It's all about having the right personnel.
    My argument was that there have been teams with perceived "lack of personnel" who have been able to perform on that end. In any case, we've got the personnel now and the defense is looking good. Great job by the team/staff

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    8th in the league in defense now. We've got a shot to finish top 5
    It's all about having the right PERSONNEL.

People kept whining early in the year about Casey and the defence. We lost a big time/ key defensive player in the offseason in Biz. And we didn't really replace the guy. Obviously the D is going to suffer big time.

Now that we added Ibaka and Tucker, we're a top 10 defensive team again.

It's all about having the right personnel.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    I'm not sure we should even attempt to move Carroll. He hasn't played well that's for sure, but if we move him we have a hole at SF. PJ is awesome yes, and we have to resign him, but resigning him, Ibaka, and Lowry almost certainly means that Cory and Bebe have to go, and you still have to decide what to do about Patterson. Patterson may not be back depending on the tax situation, and unless another big wing is coming back in a trade for Carroll, we would be very thin on the wings without him. Neither Demar or Powell are suited for SF. Maybe we could get away with it if PJ is playing 32+ min a night. Playoff success will probably determine how the offseason plays out. Personally, I'd rather Patterson than Carroll but it looks like that may mean dumping Carroll for nothing, and that may prove difficult.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    8th in the league in defense now. We've got a shot to finish top 5

Leave a comment:

• Ball
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    Tucker is definitely one of the stronger wings who has enough quickness to guard Lebron, he'll be crucial in the Playoffs. Carroll I have no hope for.
    At this point I'm hoping there's a sucker out there we can fleece a 2017 first rounder off for him.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    If Carroll and Tucker can limit LBJ's driving ability even somewhat, that may tip the scales. Tucker looks promising for that role, he may be the difference that helps bog down their offence.

Also, if we roll the dice and are able to retain most of this roster (I see Cory and Bebe gone, maybe Patterson isn't resigned) then we will have more opportunities to take them down going forward.
    Tucker is definitely one of the stronger wings who has enough quickness to guard Lebron, he'll be crucial in the Playoffs. Carroll I have no hope for.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    That's been our biggest problem in beating them. We literally cannot stop their 3 point shooting. They shoot it phenomenally against us and it seems like everyone gets in on it. If we can actually lower their attempts at least we have a shot I guess but our lack of defence against them is our biggest problem. I'm not too worried about scoring on them when Lowry's back. But if you let Lebron do what he wants with no resistance like we've done and you have them getting wide open 3 after wide open 3 you're fucked. But this is definitely our best chance in beating them. I don't see us having a more talented team than this anytime soon. The only other hope would be maybe if we had a better coach with this roster that might give us an extra edge. But who knows.
    If Carroll and Tucker can limit LBJ's driving ability even somewhat, that may tip the scales. Tucker looks promising for that role, he may be the difference that helps bog down their offence.

Also, if we roll the dice and are able to retain most of this roster (I see Cory and Bebe gone, maybe Patterson isn't resigned) then we will have more opportunities to take them down going forward.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    ...But if you let Lebron do what he wants with no resistance like we've done and you have them getting wide open 3 after wide open 3 you're fucked...
    I don't think the Raptors have ever had four players like Tucker, Powell, Ibaka and Carroll who have the potential to play such lock down defense. We have also seen bulldog Lowry, White, Poet, and Vanvleet look like all world stoppers at different times. If playoff beast JV shows up it would all add up to a very interesting series.

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    what makes me think we may actually have a shot at the cavs is their D, which is very sketchy, alot like ours was before the deadline. And they don't really have anyone that can stop Lowry and Demar, as they would be loathe to put Lebron on one of them. But I think ultimately, if we play them in the playoffs, they will be forced to task LBJ with guarding Demar, but will that be enough. IF our D can stiffle their 3pt shooting and Lowry can shoot when/if he returns we have a good shot I think.
    That's been our biggest problem in beating them. We literally cannot stop their 3 point shooting. They shoot it phenomenally against us and it seems like everyone gets in on it. If we can actually lower their attempts at least we have a shot I guess but our lack of defence against them is our biggest problem. I'm not too worried about scoring on them when Lowry's back. But if you let Lebron do what he wants with no resistance like we've done and you have them getting wide open 3 after wide open 3 you're fucked. But this is definitely our best chance in beating them. I don't see us having a more talented team than this anytime soon. The only other hope would be maybe if we had a better coach with this roster that might give us an extra edge. But who knows.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Our defence has been looking good lately. If we can rely on our D, for when shots aren't dropping then we're going to be a tough out in the playoffs. Things are rounding into shape for the post season and if Lowry comes back strong, we could have a perfect storm on our hands. Bring on the Cav's!
    what makes me think we may actually have a shot at the cavs is their D, which is very sketchy, alot like ours was before the deadline. And they don't really have anyone that can stop Lowry and Demar, as they would be loathe to put Lebron on one of them. But I think ultimately, if we play them in the playoffs, they will be forced to task LBJ with guarding Demar, but will that be enough. IF our D can stiffle their 3pt shooting and Lowry can shoot when/if he returns we have a good shot I think.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Not sure if this is the best thread to say it, but it feels like PP is the new Ross. Don't know what you're gonna get out of him from game to game.
    You can expect good D from him but, thats it. I've never excepted anything consistent from him offensively.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Clearly the way to fix the defense is to bottle the last quarter of the Bulls game and the last 3 quarters of the Heat game. Problem solved. Show the guys video highlights of those two games about once a week so they can remember what to do.

Leave a comment:

• ogi
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    I wonder if he's still banged up. His defense/activity hasn't been anywhere close to how it was Nov/Dec
    Looks like it was just from being a little banged up. He's been looking a lot more like himself recently impact wise

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Our defence has been looking good lately. If we can rely on our D, for when shots aren't dropping then we're going to be a tough out in the playoffs. Things are rounding into shape for the post season and if Lowry comes back strong, we could have a perfect storm on our hands. Bring on the Cav's!

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Not sure if this is the best thread to say it, but it feels like PP is the new Ross. Don't know what you're gonna get out of him from game to game.
    I wonder if he's still banged up. His defense/activity hasn't been anywhere close to how it was Nov/Dec

Leave a comment:

Working...
X