Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jangles
    replied
    Let's see if we can do it for 2 games now.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    lewro wrote: View Post
    Serge and Tucker. Fixed.
    "It's over."

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    lewro wrote: View Post
    Serge and Tucker. Fixed.
    Shut this thread down, mods.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    Serge and Tucker. Fixed.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    They haven't forgotten how to defend and they shouldn't need Biyombo next to them to do it a high level. The reality is: their priorities have changed.

The Raptors have played like an offensive-minded team for so long that they've become an offensive-minded team.

They've won so many games, they've scored so many points and, as a result, they've started to think they're better than they actually are. Casey often insists their margin for error is slim, that they need to out-work teams in order to win games
    http://www.tsn.ca/raptors-searching-...e-end-1.661134
    Last edited by golden; Tue Jan 31st, 2017, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hddHSM82SpY

6 second mark. Like to see that in 2nd Rd vs horford.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Lupe wrote: View Post
    Sub-par defender is just not going to cut it at that position. Sorry. Defense is just too important at the center spot. We are going to get absolutely punished by the best teams in the league for it.
    That's a perfectly acceptable argument that I disagree with. But it is a very different one than the ridiculous hyperbole that gets thrown around.

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied
    jesus what is this bullshit? how are people coming to some fucked up conclusion that one of the main reasons this team won't win a championship is because of JV's defense????

Leave a comment:

• Lupe
    replied
    Think I posted in the wrong thread*
    Last edited by Lupe; Fri Jan 6th, 2017, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lewro
    replied
    Jv is a good defensive rebounder. That's helps, especially since pat is not.
    Whether jv is tolerable at 106 DRtg with pat or intolerable with siakam at 111 DRtg (kinda ball parking here), imo it's not championship level defense either way and that should be the point/goal.
    No easy task to turn him into that player or to trade for that player.
    Millsap, at the right price, would be a step forward, see how it goes from there.

Leave a comment:

• Lupe
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Thx - it confirms the eye test. A ball dominant PG who can't keep the opposition defense honest with the consistent threat of a 3-pt shot is a major liability in today's NBA (e.g. Rubio, Rondo, etc...). Although CoJo is shooting a very nice 3P% (.378), but his 3-pt attempts per FG rate (3PAr) is way too low (.169). Combine CoJo with DeMar's 3PAr (.073) + almost all of our bigs, except Patterson and you've got a huge spacing problem from the get-go.

Which is why I couldn't believe the CoJo-DD-Ross-Siakam-JV lineup that Casey rolled out a few games ago. It's almost shocking to see only one 3-pt shooter on the floor in today's NBA. Ideally, you've got at least 2, if not 3. CoJo-DeMar (sans Lowry) just cripples your lineup choices right off the bat.
    This is why I've been advocating giving CoJo's role to Powell and trading him for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• Lupe
    replied
    Sub-par defender is just not going to cut it at that position. Sorry. Defense is just too important at the center spot. We are going to get absolutely punished by the best teams in the league for it.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    special1 wrote: View Post
    Wait, did you just do what i said not to? Make a joke, misdirect, bs.....lol

I'm actually acknowledging the numbers. All the numbers i'm seeing are pointing to JV being the worst defender on the team (and that's saying something as we have some pretty bad defenders - looking at the numbers)......What are you seeing?
    All the numbers? Which numbers exactly are those?

Second on the team in defensive WS. Above CoJo, DeMar and Ross in DBPM. 4th on the team in individual DRTG.

His on-court DRTG is the worst on the team. Is that one number the "all the numbers" you were seeing? On court ratings without context are the sorts of things you're going to want to avoid drawing big conclusions from, unless you really think Tyler Hansbrough was a superstar for that 2014-15 Raptors team.

He's a sub par defender. He's nowhere near the worst on the team - he's capable with the right teammates around him, and in most matchups. Not great. But this is getting silly with the hyperbole.

Leave a comment:

• special1
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Wait, did you just dismiss all the stats to make your point then ask a question about the stats to reinforce your point? This leaves me confused as to whether or not stats can be included in my reply.
    Wait, did you just do what i said not to? Make a joke, misdirect, bs.....lol

I'm actually acknowledging the numbers. All the numbers i'm seeing are pointing to JV being the worst defender on the team (and that's saying something as we have some pretty bad defenders - looking at the numbers)......What are you seeing?
    Last edited by special1; Fri Jan 6th, 2017, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X