X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we trade Carroll for Biyombo?

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
      DeMar doesn't have to magically become elite! He just has to try, and not give up on plays. An increased defensive effort from him would make a world of difference, even if he never becomes any more competent.
      DeRozan's defense is not the difference between us being near the bottom of the league and being near the top defensively. However, bringing in a legitimate anchor with excellent mobility who elevates everyone on that side of the ball could. Biyombo was that type of player, again I really think we've underrated how significant his impact was. And instead of saying that we shouldn't require that, the fact is, we do and we should figure out how we can replicate it. I don't think those Nerlens Noel rumors are an accident and Masai is likely very aware of what the difference is.

Comment

• Carlos Rogers wrote: View Post
        Can we trade Carroll for Biyombo?
        Not until December and Orlando wouldn't do that trade.

I'd do it in a heartbeat though. Just start Ross he's 1000x better than Carroll.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I think the more interesting issue is why Biyombo had such an impact. Was he simply an amazing overall defender, or was he just the ideal defender to clean up the mess caused by other players? I think his departure really exposes the defensive shortcomings of the Raptor perimeter players, which was clearly evident with the eye-test last season.

This team isn't good defensively at the point-of-attack, and this year they don't have Biyombo waiting to bail them out. The underlying problem isn't Biyombo leaving, but rather the significant defensive shortcomings of Lowry and DeRoza (and Carroll).

The Patterson factor is similar to the Biyombo factor, in that he's smart and quick, with good natural defensive instincts. He knows the other players well and can help the team defense far better than a rookie can, hence the statistical discrepancies. However, the Patterson factor once again only serves to offset the glaring weakness, which is the team's perimeter defense.
          Yes, pat understands positioning, rotations and switches and has the footspeed to execute it. Scola and jv do not

Comment

• Again, though... the ask on DeMar isn't him becoming good, it's him working hard on the defensive end. That shouldn't be a ridiculous ask, and if you think that's too much to want from him, I have no idea how to respond to that.
            twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• Anybody got Pick and Roll Defensive numbers? With Biyombo from last year too?
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Lupe wrote: View Post
                DeRozan's defense is not the difference between us being near the bottom of the league and being near the top defensively. However, bringing in a legitimate anchor with excellent mobility who elevates everyone on that side of the ball could. Biyombo was that type of player, again I really think we've underrated how significant his impact was. And instead of saying that we shouldn't require that, the fact is, we do and we should figure out how we can replicate it. I don't think those Nerlens Noel rumors are an accident and Masai is likely very aware of what the difference is.
                Yeah, noel got dismissed as colangelo leak when we know Masai approached sixers first, 6 months ago. Problem everyone looked at it as a pf idea bc they wanted millsap. I never saw it like that. The things we are talking about now is why it made sense to me.
                I didn't think the defense would be this bad but I definitely thought we need biz vs lebron.

Comment

Again, though... the ask on DeMar isn't him becoming good, it's him working hard on the defensive end. That shouldn't be a ridiculous ask, and if you think that's too much to want from him, I have no idea how to respond to that.
                  We are not good enough regardless.

Comment

How about TRoss for BB?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Anybody got Pick and Roll Defensive numbers? With Biyombo from last year too?
                      Against the roll man they were bad for everyone on our team. JV and Biyombo were in the 20th and 24th percentile respectively, 2Pat about average in the 52nd percentile and Scola in the 17th. Jason Thompson in the 93rd in really limited PT.

Against the ball handler though we were quite good. DeMar and DeMarre were a touch below the 50th percentile. Ross, Lowry, CoJo, Powell and Wright were all above the 70th percentile and I think this is where having a big like Biyombo involved in the P&R situations really helped.

This year our guards have been much worse in pick and roll situations against the ball-handler with Ross in the 9th percentile, Lowry and CoJo in around the 50th percentile, Powell in 22nd. For some reason DeMar is somehow in the 81st percentile allowing 0.67 PPP against the ball handler in the pick and roll not sure why that is.

Comment

JR Smith was a castaway part, viewed as barely able to stay in the league. Then suddenly he was starting for a championship team.

Fit is easily as important as talent for a lot of positions on good teams, and Pat fits beside JV.
                        Lol, jr is sixth man of the yr level talent and he plays with lebron. I'm down with pairing jv with lebron. Can we make that happen?

Comment

• If you are really a jv fan boy than you should want him to get traded

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                            Lol, jr is sixth man of the yr level talent and he plays with lebron. I'm down with pairing jv with lebron. Can we make that happen?
                            This. It's pointless comparing our situation to anything related to LeBron. Like if you just leave everything on this team the same and replace Carroll with LeBron we probably sweep our way to the title and maybe drop 1 or 2 against Golden State. He's the best player in the game by miles and probably the best player in the history of the game. He makes so many players look amazing, on both ends.

Comment

Wait hold up. The Magic need a SF. This could work

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                                We are not good enough regardless.
                                Well, I mean, maybe?

But first let's try with DeMar making an effort on defense, because if we're ever going to be a championship level team with him on the roster, that's something we need regardless.
                                twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Working...
                                X