How do we fix our defense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHD wrote: View Post
    not really. but i mean, correct me if i'm wrong but i think we're 6-1 when bebe doesn't play. so maybe we shouldn't play him, right?
    Were also a better defensive team when he plays. Offensively too.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      BeBe has literally only played in 4 games in the clutch this year. Valanciunas has played in 10.

When he's closing out games, it's because we have a big lead. So, yes, we do win more often when we have huge leads in the 4th. Shocker.
      Whose on the court when were building these big leads JV or Bebe?

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Were also a better defensive team when he plays. Offensively too.

but we lose more often, so #RespectTheRecord.

See how dumb this shit is?

Comment

Whose on the court when were building these big leads JV or Bebe?

I imagine it could be either, as both are part of heavily used lineups that destroy the opposition.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

but we lose more often, so #RespectTheRecord.

See how dumb this shit is?
            No, I don't. All I'm asking for is 4 more minutes goin the other way. Don't worry your lord and saviour JV will still get the most minutes.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

No, I don't. All I'm asking for is 4 more minutes goin the other way. Don't worry your lord and saviour JV will still get the most minutes.

see your problem (among other things) is that you think all i care about is JV getting minutes and touches. I actually just want to see the team play good basketball and maximize our effectiveness.

Comment

I imagine it could be either, as both are part of heavily used lineups that destroy the opposition.
                Your favourite stats would say it's Bebe. Seeing that he has 124.3 Off rating and 102.4 Def rating.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

That's because the correct answer is Kyle Lowry.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

see your problem (among other things) is that you think all i care about is JV getting minutes and touches. I actually just want to see the team play good basketball and maximize our effectiveness.
                    The team has been more effective with Bebe on the floor. 4 extra minutes shouldn't be too much for him.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• The way you fix the defense is the same way it should have been fixed last year: start Patterson.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

The team has been more effective with Bebe on the floor. 4 extra minutes shouldn't be too much for him.

Again, if we can convince the opposition to play their bench players 4 more minutes a game too, that logic holds up.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                          The way you fix the defense is the same way it should have been fixed last year: start Patterson.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                          Agreed. Apparently playing Bebe 4 more minutes will turn this team's defense around. In reality it won't make much of a difference.

Comment

• I said the same think about Biz last year. That he would take minutes away from JV because of his lack of D. It was met with the same reaction by the same people.

Biz started the season playing like 16 min/g. By the end of the year he was up to 22 min/g. JV started the season 28 min/g ended with 26 min/g.

Bebe is at a little bit of an edge because his at 18 min/g to start. I could see the same thing happening this year.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat Dec 17, 2016, 11:28 PM.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I said the same think about Biz last year. That he would take minutes away from JV because of his lack of D. It was met with the same reaction by the same people.

Biz started the season playing like 16 min/g. By the end of the year he was up to 22 min/g. JV started the season 28 min/g ended with 26 min/g.

Bebe is at a little bit of an edge because his at 18 min/g to start. I could see the same thing happening this year.

You don't think Biz getting starter's minutes while JV was out had something to do with his higher minutes averages?

Just look at the playoffs in the first 10 games before JV was hurt. Biz averaged 17.5 MPG.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You don't think Biz getting starter's minutes while JV was out had something to do with his higher minutes averages?

Just look at the playoffs in the first 10 games before JV was hurt. Biz averaged 17.5 MPG.
                                I'm not talking about the playoffs. I'm talking about the regular season. Playoffs comes down to match ups. Who do you think is going to play more in a series vs the Celtic JV or Bebe?

Knowing JV he will probably miss more games this year.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X