X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Trade Ross for Thabo, Korver and a pick. You trade a 3 and d player to get a real d player and a real 3 one, and cap space for summer, and another player.

You re-sign them if they want to at a cheap price, but first, you sign Ibaka.

JV/Nogueira/Poeltl
    Ibaka/Siakam/Rookie
    Carroll/Thabo/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Powell/Korver
    Lowry/Joseph/Wright

There is no cap space this summer. Not if you want Lowry back.

Leave a comment:

• charlesnba23
    replied
    Trade Ross for Thabo, Korver and a pick. You trade a 3 and d player to get a real d player and a real 3 one, and cap space for summer, and another player.

You re-sign them if they want to at a cheap price, but first, you sign Ibaka.

JV/Nogueira/Poeltl
    Ibaka/Siakam/Rookie
    Carroll/Thabo/Caboclo
    DeRozan/Powell/Korver
    Lowry/Joseph/Wright

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Has anyone brought up pace yet? 95.9 (and 20th) this year compared to 92.9 (and 29th) last year. Casey ball is at its best when pace is slowed down. Gets the other team out of their comfort zone on offense when they have to play in the half court.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Cody73 wrote: View Post
    This thread is full of hate. Why is that? I get people being concerned about our defense, but overall its lack of desire on that end. Were getting to the point where I am saying FUCK IT & letting Lowry walk. I don't just feel defense us important, but offense is too. We have a very predictable offense, and that's what is going to burn us come playoff time.

One other thing: Sullinger hasn't played yet. He could be our lifeline. That or someone getting at this this team & telling them to smell the coffee.
    I disagree with almost everything you wrote.

This thread actually has lots of relevant critical discussion, not hate.
    The defense is not about lack of desire, but as I showed, the removal of our rim protector.
    Letting Lowry walk would be a disaster. I still don't get how Raptors fans can overlook everything he does for this team.
    Yes our predictable offense could burn us, but removing Lowry from the equation isn't going to make us less predictable.

If Sullinger is our lifeline, we're fucked. What can he offer outside of gaudy rebounding? He shot an execrable 47.6% TS last year and doesn't protect the rim.

Lack of effort hasn't been the issue. It's more complex than not wanting it bad enough.

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    Random thoughts.

Per BBRef, we've had the toughest schedule in the league and its not even close. Things will even out at some point.

Lowry and DD have played the 1st and 4th most min/game in the NBA. And as Dan pointed out, DD's minutes plus insane usage plus being a poor defender at the best of times will cause issues. Even happens to elite defenders. Well documented Butler's defence slipped as his usage climbed. Same thing happening to Kawhi this year. That's on Casey.

The DRPM numbers posted earlier are wrong. There have been big changes last year to this, the biggest being Cojo going from a better than average defender (for a PG) to one of the worst. DBPM also shows Cojo has slipped, though not as dramatically. This early in the season though, I think there is a lot of noise in all-i-one numbers, but Cojo's defensive slippage does seem to pass the eye test also.

Vantage posted Keep-in-front stats late last year. NBA PG average was only a bit over 40%.. PG's naturally get blown by a lot.

Losing Greer and Bismack seems to have hurt the D. That said, RPM has Bismack as the overall worst centre in the NBA thus far this year, with a worse DRPM than JV.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X