Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Pascal Siakam

If this has already been started please merge this with the other thread. With that being said our boy made the nba rookie ladder AGAIN:

Here is an excerpt:
    "7. Pascal Siakam, Toronto Raptors

Last week: No. 7

Siakam vs. Oklahoma City’s Domantas Sabonis is a good race: both are power forwards, both have international backgrounds and attended college in the United States, and both are starters for winning teams. Sabonis has an edge in scoring and has shown 3-point range, while Siakiam gets the edge based on being in the top five in three categories – rebounding, shooting and blocks — while holding a big PER lead. It’s close to a pick-’em."

For more here is the link
    http://global.nba.com/news/kia-rooki...bacom:homepage

I think we have a rookie thread, but I do like breaking that up.

While Siakam's numbers don't jump out at you, I very much like what he is showing. Reminds me a bit of Amir Johnson, but with a little more speed and a quicker release on his jumper.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Well deserved. Also of note, he's leading the class of 2016 in win shares (natural result of playing real minutes on an upper-echelon team). I have to admit, I kinda want them to keep rolling with him as a starter even after Sullinger's healthy; it's worth the investment as he his game is (literally) growing by leaps and bounds right now.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
        Well deserved. Also of note, he's leading the class of 2016 in win shares (natural result of playing real minutes on an upper-echelon team). I have to admit, I kinda want them to keep rolling with him as a starter even after Sullinger's healthy; it's worth the investment as he his game is (literally) growing by leaps and bounds right now.
        Yeah, I'm kind of conflicted with Siakam. Honestly, if he is your starting pf, getting 20+ minutes a game, you won't beat the Cavs, but it probably pays dividends for the next couple years. At the same time, if you believe he can improve enough over the next year to be a decent to good starter, there is no real reason to make a big trade to upgrade the pf spot (assuming the return is a Farried type). Best case scenario in my mind is that Siakam gets a lot of pt and learns a lot until Sully is 100% healthy then Sully and gains enough experience to be a solid player next year after sully likely leaves in free agency.

Comment

When Jared comes back. Siakam will be in the same situation as Powell is in now. Will get spot minutes in match up situations.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Phenomenal pick. Pascal is just so quick (to the ball, off the ground, in the open court, to learn, etc). Our hole at the 4 is all but filled in.

Comment

yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Phenomenal pick. Pascal is just so quick (to the ball, off the ground, in the open court, to learn, etc). Our hole at the bench 4 is all but filled in.
                Fixed
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Yeah, it pretty safe to say that this will be 2pat's last year as a Raptor.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, it pretty safe to say that this will be 2pat's last year as a Raptor.

I wonder what the offers for him will be next summer.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      I wonder what the offers for him will be next summer.
                      If it's more than Ross I say "Hell NO"!

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        yeah, really liking this kid. Runs the floor so well, hustles and has some decent moves around the rim. If he develops a solid 12-18 foot jump shot, he's gonna be real good.
                        So who do you think he compares to ?

My view is Tristan Thompson type more than the second coming of Biz ....
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

It will definitely be more than Ross.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Thad Young got 14 mill, Teletovic got 10.5 mill and Ryan Anderson got 18 mill... Pat is definitely getting more than Ross. Its also not like letting him walk gets the Raps anywhere too. Lose an asset and only make your hole at pf greater, not like you have the cap space to sign someone else.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              So who do you think he compares to ?

My view is Tristan Thompson type more than the second coming of Biz ....
                              Ibaka comes to mind, but there are alot of differences there. He seems quicker but not as strong, probably will never block shots like Ibaka can or did, but I imagine his role on offence on this team would be similar to Ibaka's in OKC. He really needs to have an impact defensively to solidify his role here, and his ability to guard the perimeter and switch if necessary is encouraging. But that mid range jumpshot, even if primarily limited to the baseline would help alot.

Comment

Working...
                              X